PDA

View Full Version : Litter Training Kittens

mum of three
15-Nov-09, 21:56
We got 2 kittens a month ago and altho they use the litter tray one of them also likes to use their bed, the dogs bed and even my daughter's bed. Anyone got any ideas how to stop this. Any ideas greatfully received. Thanks.

Kathy@watten
15-Nov-09, 22:42
Lol the joys of cats, keep in more confined area of your home till it gets the idea where to do it's thing! keep tray less clean remove poo but leave some dampened with urine litter to encourage correct useage. put tray somewhere accessable but private for the kitten, not everyone like company when at the loo! good luck

ShelleyCowie
16-Nov-09, 00:26
When brenon was being litter tray trained we had the problem that he preferred the couch!

I used bicarbonate of soda to kill the smell and it worked. He then decided he liked to poo behind the tv over the cables, i soon cracked that with the whip too with persistance.

if a kitty goes to pee take it to the litter tray as soon as possible. Even if he/she is finished. Just a reminder that they need to go there. There are also good deoderisers in pets at home to use which are child safe.

How many litter trays do you have in the house too?

Brenon is now 9 months old and no longer has the litter tray. he was never using it because he goes to the garden now. Has been for months!

Stick at it tho! maybe also try and keep doors to bedrooms closed if possible!

Luck! :cool:

mum of three
16-Nov-09, 11:39
Thanks for that advice. Will give it a try. She is adorable apart from that.

chaz
16-Nov-09, 12:15
Black pepper sprinkled to deter them works if they have been on the unwanted spot already.