PDA

View Full Version : Im SO proud i had to share!

ShelleyCowie
15-Nov-09, 18:03
Im a very very very proud mother today!

The other day the pediatrician told me athruns hips might not be capable to hold him to stand or walk at the moment because of having clicky hips when he was born. His hips might not have been able to help him balance in any way, but my wee boy done it!!!

Today me and him was upstairs and he saw a keyring i had on a unit in my bedroom. He grabbed it and wanted to inspect it closer so let go of what he was holding on to!

So i was just sitting there not wanting to get too excited incase i scare him and he walked over to me (about 10 steps)

I was so excited!!! Ever since then he has been standing, walking a few steps at a time then gaining a better balance. He is getting brave now and is dancing to Muse! :Razz

I have had the camera out all afternoon and have tonnes of videos now!

I know this might seem minor but being told he might not be able to do it for another 6-9 months....and he done it today! Im just so proud! :Razz

Fran
15-Nov-09, 18:13
That is such wonderful news and I really am happy for you. well done little one. Never beleive all that the pediatricians say!!

Allsorts
15-Nov-09, 18:17
That's great news and a fab milestone to reach - mind you you might not think that when he runs off!! Enjoy, and you deserve to be proud of him.

Bobinovich
15-Nov-09, 18:20
Next we'll have the 'Oh heck why can't he just sit still and stop investigating everything' thread lol...

Congrats wee dude :D

cuddlepop
15-Nov-09, 18:24
Next we'll have the 'Oh heck why can't he just sit still and stop investigating everything' thread lol...

Congrats wee dude :D

Or its "oh no whats he done now"...toilet roll is a favourite Shelly you have been warned.:lol:

Brilliant news about his first steps its a :Razz for the medic who said he may not manage himself.

oldmarine
15-Nov-09, 18:32
Im a very very very proud mother today!

The other day the pediatrician told me athruns hips might not be capable to hold him to stand or walk at the moment because of having clicky hips when he was born. His hips might not have been able to help him balance in any way, but my wee boy done it!!!

Today me and him was upstairs and he saw a keyring i had on a unit in my bedroom. He grabbed it and wanted to inspect it closer so let go of what he was holding on to!

So i was just sitting there not wanting to get too excited incase i scare him and he walked over to me (about 10 steps)

I was so excited!!! Ever since then he has been standing, walking a few steps at a time then gaining a better balance. He is getting brave now and is dancing to Muse! :Razz

I have had the camera out all afternoon and have tonnes of videos now!

I know this might seem minor but being told he might not be able to do it for another 6-9 months....and he done it today! Im just so proud! :Razz
Shelley, I rejoice with you. It is not a minor thing but a major one for you.

ShelleyCowie
15-Nov-09, 18:33
i dont think i could be so proud! Been sittin here all afternoon with a cheesey smile on my face! Nothing can take that away! :Razz

This is something for his baby book!

His dad is gutted he isnt here to see it though! Unfortunately he is working today! But i have sent him videos and he is showing everyone at work!

NickInTheNorth
15-Nov-09, 18:41

Nothing at all minor about that Shelley, it's one of the biggest milestones in any life and your right to be a very proud mum indeed.

Savour the moment, but I doubt you'll ever forget it, I've four of the wee devils and have been lucky enough to see the first steps of three of them. I remember them all :D

Welcomefamily
15-Nov-09, 18:45
Well done to both of you.

BINBOB
15-Nov-09, 18:55
Awww..wonderful news..good for u wee Athrun!!!!!:D:D

brandy
15-Nov-09, 18:56
theres nothing like seeing them walk for the first time *G* and its great watching them wibble wobble! beware though! nothing is now safe!!! *Laughs* however i was so relived to get rid of the death machine.. aka walker that when the boys started walking my shins and heels thanking all the angels in heaven!

ShelleyCowie
15-Nov-09, 19:01
theres nothing like seeing them walk for the first time *G* and its great watching them wibble wobble! beware though! nothing is now safe!!! *Laughs* however i was so relived to get rid of the death machine.. aka walker that when the boys started walking my shins and heels thanking all the angels in heaven!

Oh athrun hasnt been in his baby walker for months! He could climb out of it in seconds. was too dangerous for him to go in there anymore.

Nothing has ever been safe from Athrun anyway! If he wants something that he see's then he will do what he can to get it!

Once he opened some drawers on the unit in my livingroom to climb up them to get an xbox controller!

balto
15-Nov-09, 19:08
well done athrun, what a big boy you are now, oh shelley its trouble now for you he will be everywhere and into everything, i cant wait for jayden to take his 1st proper steps, even though i have got 4 kids this sort of event is a one of for them all.:Razz

Vistravi
15-Nov-09, 19:25
Oh athrun hasnt been in his baby walker for months! He could climb out of it in seconds. was too dangerous for him to go in there anymore.

Nothing has ever been safe from Athrun anyway! If he wants something that he see's then he will do what he can to get it!

Once he opened some drawers on the unit in my livingroom to climb up them to get an xbox controller!

Uh oh a xbox junkie in the making :lol: himself thought this post was funny lol.

Well done Athrun! A very proud moment for you most defintly. Just shows you that some paedictrians just don't know it all. I always think that if they're standing and taking wee steps holding onto something then they'll be walking soon. :D

I also think and so many children with difficulties where it be mental, physical or both prove peadictrains wrong all the time. There is a wee lass in the room i work in at work that is doing that. I just know that she will walk and talk one day as she showing signs that she will. But this is for another thread lol.

poppett
15-Nov-09, 20:58
Brilliant news Shelley. Thank you for sharing it with us.

simpsoney
15-Nov-09, 22:06
Thats brill Shelley. I know exactly how you feel.

My daughter (who is now 1) was also born with clicky hips and she was in a harness from 1 month old to 8 months old when they decided it wasnt working and were going to operate and put her in a spica cast. But fortunately enough when they went to operate they found that her hips had developed enough in the final month to not have to put the cast on. They also said she would probably be later in walking etc. Now she is walking, running, climbing and throwing herself about like there was never anything wrong with her.

It is such a great feeling to see them taking those steps. These memories are worth gold!

ShelleyCowie
16-Nov-09, 00:17
Im still absolutely beaming about it! When i was showing my OH all the videos he was so delighted!

He is in bed and fast asleep but i want to go in and cuddle him some more! Better not cos im sure my OH would not be too pleased! :lol:

I have jotted it down in one of his many baby books too!!

Moments like this make me want another child....but then i remember the sleepless nights! Lol. Im not a morning person in any way....never have...never will.

But i do love him and am chuffed to bits! :Razz

teenybash
16-Nov-09, 00:24
Great news Shelley.........bet Athrun will have you running in circles before long....isn't it wonderful..............:)

ShelleyCowie
16-Nov-09, 00:43
Great news Shelley.........bet Athrun will have you running in circles before long....isn't it wonderful..............:)

Wonderful it is....and i just got that cuddle because he woke up because he had kicked all his blankets off and couldnt find one. So i sneaked in a wee cuddle too! :Razz

He just makes me so proud!

Iffy
17-Nov-09, 18:22
Just read your thread Shelley (I've been ill with flu, so have missed all these very important threads !!)

So I'm delighted to hear such good news about your wee man - GO ANTHRUN !!!!!

God Bless xxx

Bazeye
17-Nov-09, 19:20
Muse??? :lol:

ShelleyCowie
17-Nov-09, 20:09
Muse??? :lol:

my boy likes good music! ;)