PDA

View Full Version : southern general glasgow

gee
15-Nov-09, 17:10
hope someone can help me here. i have to go to southern general hospital for a day clinic. can anyone recommend a place to stay as there is no possible way i could travel up and down road in same day. thankyou

joxville
15-Nov-09, 17:20
I'm sure there is a Travelodge or Premier Inn on the Northside of the Kingston Bridge, also B & B's in the vicinity too. Any of them would be handy for the Southern General because then you just drive along the Clydeside Expressway and take the Clyde Tunnel which exits very close to the hospital.

If you have Google Earth installed on your pc then open it up, put a tick in the checkbox for Hotels and B & B's option in the menu list, which will then show up when you zoom into the local area.

cuddlepop
15-Nov-09, 18:06
I'm sure if you contact the hospital they'll be able to recommend BB nearby or like Jox said the nearest travel lodge is at the Kingstone Bridge or the one at the airport,depends whether or not your driving or busing it?

crayola
15-Nov-09, 18:40
The nearest Travelodge is at Braehead shopping centre which is only a mile or two from the Southern General.

There is a Premier Inn on Argyle St just east of the Kingston Bridge as Jox says. Take the last exit from the M8 before the Kingston Bridge. Follow Jox's instructions to get to the SGH from the hotel.

The Braehead Travelodge is a lot closer and it's likely to be cheaper.

golach
15-Nov-09, 20:06
Just google G51 4TF the post code for the Southern General with +guest houses, or +b&b, many options come up