PDA

View Full Version : Faulty car alarm

joxville
15-Nov-09, 13:38
You are woken at 4.50am by your faulty car alarm which has also woken all the neighbours, what do you do?

Do you:

A. Disconnect a lead to the horn?

B. Disconnect a battery lead?

C. Drive around the town twice for 20 minutes waking everybody, park up outside your house for 10 minutes with it still blaring before finally resorting to A or B?

If your answer is A or B then please inform my bloody neighbour. [evil]

northener
15-Nov-09, 14:19
Perhaps some form of retaliation is in order?

How about ranking up the massed Pipe and Drums of the Royal Scots Dragoons outside their property and then treating your neighbour to a full Military tattoo review whilst marching them up and down?

For extra effect you could ru up and down whilst holding your head in your hands and shouting "How do I stop them?"

thebigman
15-Nov-09, 16:45
D. Wait for the neigbours to report it to the Council who will take action to silence it.

Vistravi
15-Nov-09, 16:58
D. Wait for the neigbours to report it to the Council who will take action to silence it.

That could take time and could happen again and again untill the council come out tell the car owner to fix it. Car owner does nothing and whole cycle is repeated untill eventually it is fixed. Whole process could take a month or two til said alarm finally is silenced.

E Go to your neighbours house at the time it goes off and bang on the door furiously untill someone comes to it. If they have a doorbell keep ringing it constantly untill said neighbour answers the door. Inform neighbour that if they do not that day fix the faulty car alarm then you will take the appropriate action to silence it yourself.

Direct approach always works for me. Makes me some enemies who prefer people to pussyfoot around them though. Depends on how much you like the person really ;)

dx100uk
17-Nov-09, 02:52
or try and help

is it a car horn or a siren that goes off?

if its a horn, then there are two things to check,

ONE: the car battery, the voltage sensor is tripping, which is typically a sign that the owner is leaving something 'on' or connected to a fag lighter socket than is draining the battery [do they have trouble starting it in the morning?

TWO: the ultra sonic movement sensor/receiver [they look like little mics at the top of the interior by the windscreen either side] as suffering from condensation in a damp car. [typical if it just started to do it]
cover them both with a bit of clingfilm, that will disable it them.

if its a siren:

the built-in back up battery pack has failed and needs replacing.
find it and pull off its connector.

HTH

dx

upolian
17-Nov-09, 03:25
have you said anything to your neighbour about this?

Phill
17-Nov-09, 09:33
Try the universal Mk1 caralarmsilenceomatic:

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/rpg-7.jpg

*may cause slight disturbance and possibly leave some minor surface scratches on vehicle.

The Angel Of Death
17-Nov-09, 10:03
Claw hammer will do the job nicely ;)