PDA

View Full Version : What would be your Indian name?

Rheghead
14-Nov-09, 23:10
I'm just watching Dances with wolves at the moment and I've got to the scene where they are introducing eachother.

What would be your indian name from your own perspective and the name which you honestly think others would give you which actually would be the real name?

Mine of the verb+noun format

self image name: Colouring Book

Given name: Knowing Fox

Just a bit of fun :Razz

joxville
14-Nov-09, 23:32
Self image name: Baldy Joker.

Given name: Annoying Prat.

A Red Indian boy goes to his mother one day with a puzzled look on his face. "Say Mom, why is my bigger brother named Mighty Storm"?
"Because he was conceived during a mighty storm", she said.
Then he asked "Why is my sister named Cornflower"?
"Well your father and I were in a cornfield when we made her", she replied. He then asked "And why is my other sister called Moonchild"?
"We were watching the moon-landing when she was conceived", the mother replies.
The mother paused and said to her son... "Tell me, Torn Rubber, why are you so curious?" [lol]

northener
14-Nov-09, 23:36
Self-image name: Stoat Whisperer.

Given Name: Eats Many Pies.

canuck
14-Nov-09, 23:40
I do have an Indian name given to me by the Blackfoot of Southern Alberta.

I was known as 'Holy Lady.'

My understanding about native North American naming is that the name given was the first thing which the parents saw after the child was born. Having been born in Winnipeg in a hospital which overlooks the Highland named Fort Garry, in a Clearances settlement - I guess my name would have to be Caithness West.

Rheghead
14-Nov-09, 23:43
we've heard the one about the 2 dogs so no need to add:lol:

joxville
15-Nov-09, 01:28
we've heard the one about the 2 dogs so no need to add:lol:

I was going to post that but decided on the clean version. ;)

George Brims
15-Nov-09, 02:27
I don't know about mine, but I am married to Shops Far Woman.

Invisible
15-Nov-09, 02:49
Self name: Funny Wolf

Given name: Kind Dog

Ricco
15-Nov-09, 17:10

My understanding about native North American naming is that the name given was the first thing which the parents saw after the child was born. Having been born in Winnipeg in a hospital which overlooks the Highland named Fort Garry, in a Clearances settlement - I guess my name would have to be Caithness West.

Well, Canuck... if that is true then my Inidian name would be Snow Blizzard. My image name would have to be Deep Thought.

cuddlepop
15-Nov-09, 18:15

I'd be called falling snow,which I think is lovely,if it was the first thing that was seen.
I'd probably be called "walk with dogs" now :)

Sporran
16-Nov-09, 21:55
I'm just watching Dances with wolves at the moment and I've got to the scene where they are introducing each other.

What would be your indian name from your own perspective and the name which you honestly think others would give you which actually would be the real name?

Mine of the verb+noun format

self image name: Colouring Book

Given name: Knowing Fox

Just a bit of fun :Razz

I like your given name of Knowing Fox, Rheggers. What prompted your self image name of Colouring Book?

My self image name would be Rhyming Lady.

My given name would be Memory Woman. :)

Kathy@watten
16-Nov-09, 22:02
Tee hee if it was on first sight it would be shoveller of poo, or on first meet smells like horse! or possibly grinning idiot!

northener
16-Nov-09, 22:12
Tee hee if it was on first sight it would be shoveller of poo, or on first meet smells like horse! or possibly grinning idiot!

Hmmm....

"Keeps many terriers"

or

"Bloody nightmare to teach how to drive":Razz;)

Kathy@watten
16-Nov-09, 22:36
Now Northerner, you know I was your fav pupil...maybe not a first time , or second time success, but God loves a trier, and you have to pay for the lifestyle somehow I prob kept you in beer money for the rest of your life!! Think of the poor guy now attempting to teach me to pass my HGV! luckily he is already bald, and thankfully he has infinite patience is all I can say!

jock leith
16-Nov-09, 22:48
Went to doctors and said that some days I wake up and feel like a "Wigwam" then on other days I feel like a "Teepee"
Doctor told me I was Two Tense (tents);)

Self image = Joking Jock
Given Name = Walks with Kiwi's