PDA

View Full Version : Caithness In Edinburgh

canuck
14-Nov-09, 21:59
This was a night beyond all nights. Caithness has truly invaded Edinburgh.

In response to weeboyagee's announcement that he was performing at a ceilidh in our fair city we made arrangements to meet him at a local establishment. First we ran into a hen party from Thurso. The gals were enjoying themselves in the city and celebrating a birthday.

Our celebrity arrived. That was a treat. I hadn't seen WBG since a get together in Toronto about 3 years ago. Malcolmdog he looks as great as he did back then, the night he upstaged the local talent.

Other Caithnessians kept floating in. And then we discovered that our barmaid was from Wick. That just capped off a lovely evening.

The performers went off to the Ceilidh where they are part of a fund raising project by the Edinburgh Caithness Association in support of the 2010 National Mod in Caithness.

It was a wonderful evening of Caithnessians (and orgers) in Edinburgh and this Canadian thanks everyone for letting her be a part of it all.

pat
14-Nov-09, 22:28
Glad to hear the ceilidh was a good evening and you all enjoyed yourselves.

Wherever you are you are you never far from Caithness folk - they appear out of the woodwork when they hear the word Caithness!

Hopefully a fair few pennies have been raised towards the National Mod in Caithness.

canuck
14-Nov-09, 22:40
pat, from what WBG said I think that they did quite well with the fund raising. I am sure that he will give us an update in time.

golach
14-Nov-09, 22:41
I have to concur with Canuck, we went to meet WBG as I had not had the pleasure of personally meeting him, as we were awaiting his arrival, (it is well known he is infamous for his unpunctuality :lol: ), a Caitness lass, said Golach is 'at ye, on turning, I met my cousin from Thursa, and hen party of bonnie Thursa lassigies. Eventually the main man appeared, and then shortly after many ither Caitnessians, once all identities had been established, we had one of the best craik's I have ever attended.
Sadly I was unable to attend the ceilidh, but I hope it went well.

Moira
15-Nov-09, 01:12
That is brilliant! Glad to hear you all had a good time. :D

Alice in Blunderland
15-Nov-09, 08:20
Im glad you all had a good time. I'm miffed I couldn't be there but some other time.

I hope Weeboyagee sang you all a song. :eek:

Sporran
15-Nov-09, 16:52
It certainly sounds like it was a fun night! :)

Hibeechick
16-Nov-09, 10:06
Ach and I missed ye's all! Was "back home" for a week of total chill out and relaxation. Was sad til leave on Friday :(

Glad you's all had a good time!

weeboyagee
16-Nov-09, 22:50
It was an amazing night and thanks to Golach and Canuck for the craic in the Haymarket. I headed off to the Walpole Hall - along with several other Caithness fowk and the palce was packed! It was amazing! As soon as the band started the first dance, the floor was packed! Most of us stayed in hotels but two of our merry lot stayed on London Rd at Montrose Terr - I went up the stairs to the house on the second landing, went in to the Living Room and looked out the window and aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh - what a horrible view for a jambo! Nearly spoiled my weekend - nearly! :D

WBG :cool:

golach
16-Nov-09, 23:00
It was an amazing night and thanks to Golach and Canuck for the craic in the Haymarket. I headed off to the Walpole Hall - along with several other Caithness fowk and the palce was packed! It was amazing! As soon as the band started the first dance, the floor was packed! Most of us stayed in hotels but two of our merry lot stayed on London Rd at Montrose Terr - I went up the stairs to the house on the second landing, went in to the Living Room and looked out the window and aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhh - what a horrible view for a jambo! Nearly spoiled my weekend - nearly! :D

WBG :cool:

Hey I saw you looking awe at the Hallowed ground, you over looked my house [lol]