PDA

View Full Version : me and my 14 kids

katarina
13-Nov-09, 13:50
Did anyone watch this program? What do you think? I don't think a single mother should have been inseminated six times in the first place. there are plenty needy kids in the world if she loved kids that much. Having said that, I can respect her decision not to abort some of the fetus's - how can you chose which you are going to destroy? So now they are here, she is only making money from them to support them, and I think it was ludicrous of the courts trying to take control of the money from her to keep for the children. Was the government going to keep them then?
I felt really sorry for the little girl who wished she was an only child - and the little boy who hated being filmed or talked about - but how else can she provide for her brood?
All that muck on the internet and in the papers is only going to hurt the children.

George Brims
13-Nov-09, 23:08
Was this show about the "Octomom" woman in California? The California courts have a long history of locking money away for the protection of children. There was a child star back in the 1920s or 30s who made a bucket of money and his parents squandered the lot. He ended up a broke adult with no marketable skills. Laws were introduced both to put the money in trust and to make sure the children received a basic education. This makes twins very popular as they can share a role and take turns acting or taking school classes (like the Olsen girls).

crayola
13-Nov-09, 23:17
Yes it was about the octomom. It was engaging but at the same time horrific. It made teenagers getting pregnant to get social housing look like rank amateurs.

theone
14-Nov-09, 01:28
It made teenagers getting pregnant to get social housing look like rank amateurs.

A drive through Wick high street this afternoon confirmed to me that there's plenty practicing.

crayola
14-Nov-09, 01:33
Yes but the Wickers won't ever have her success. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her wage bill for her helpers $10,000 a month or maybe even a week and her house didn't look too scraggy.

katarina
15-Nov-09, 10:46
Yes but the Wickers won't ever have her success. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her wage bill for her helpers $10,000 a month or maybe even a week and her house didn't look too scraggy.

that's what I mean. If the government locked away the money she makes - who foots the bill? Or do the children go into care at what cost?

Venture
15-Nov-09, 10:52
A drive through Wick high street this afternoon confirmed to me that there's plenty practicing.

..........you're right there theone, it will soon be as bad as Thurso.:roll:;)