PDA

View Full Version : True Blood?

Rheghead
12-Nov-09, 21:18
Anybody else watching this series? I think it's rubbish but OH is glued to it.

Serenity
12-Nov-09, 21:35
I've watched it all and read all the books. Yes it is cheesy but it's a guilty pleasure.

Amy-Winehouse
12-Nov-09, 21:52
I love true blood it,s brillant seen season 2 it,s better than the first one :D

miranda
12-Nov-09, 22:14
true blood is cool..currently reading the books :lol:
where ever sookie is there is sure to be trouble!!:D

RecQuery
13-Nov-09, 00:25
Its a HBO series granted, but the first season is needlessly sexually gratuitous. Not that I have a problem with that but it got in the way of plot. The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.

I'll watch it if I have nothing else to watch or do and I've rewatched my favourite shows catalog; I was hoping it would be something it the vein of Vampire: The Masquerade or Vampire: The Requiem. Instead its more like an Anne Rice angst ridden vampire romp meets a vampire romance story... still atleast its not Twilight.

George Brims
13-Nov-09, 00:56
The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.
Oh that's a shame. I was quite looking forward to the second season.

Is it "sexually gratuitous" or "gratuitously sexual"? I rather think the latter. I think the former might describe some people I knew in my youth (though not as well as I might have liked).

Serenity
13-Nov-09, 04:07
Its a HBO series granted, but the first season is needlessly sexually gratuitous. Not that I have a problem with that but it got in the way of plot. The second series is a bit better but thats only because it expands the mythos and isn't as sexually gratuitous.

I'll watch it if I have nothing else to watch or do and I've rewatched my favourite shows catalog; I was hoping it would be something it the vein of Vampire: The Masquerade or Vampire: The Requiem. Instead its more like an Anne Rice angst ridden vampire romp meets a vampire romance story... still atleast its not Twilight.

You can't have got far in the second series then? The sexual aspect becomes more needlessly gratuitous and also annoyingly repetitive. I don't want to spoil it cos don't know how far you have seen but it is the result of one of the main storyline loops of the second series. Personally I liked the secondary storylines better (not only for that reason). I am being so vague here but don't want to spoil anyone.
I enjoy it, it's one of the few current shows I watch (the other main one being Dexter!).

RecQuery
13-Nov-09, 12:10
I've watched to the end of season 2, could be I was desensitised to it by then or it just didn't annoy me as much. Jason's storyline seemed a bit out of character but it got pulled back near the end.

mrs_inkstack
14-Nov-09, 12:02
Loving it ;) Is a bit cheesy but it has a 70's hammerhouse horror / vampire feel to it - love a bit of cheese !

Fluff
14-Nov-09, 19:47
I have really been enjoying it so far. My OH thinks its ok, he prefers the funnier episodes.

honey
14-Nov-09, 19:48
I love true blood it,s brillant seen season 2 it,s better than the first one :D

agreed!! the 2nd series is much better. i love most things vamp related, and this hasnt dissapointed!!:D

Fluff
14-Nov-09, 20:25
honey, are you looking forward to New moon then? I have just finished reading the books, couldnt put them down!

brandy
15-Nov-09, 10:11
ive read all the books, but havent really gotten into the series.