PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone reception in wick

wickscorrie
12-Nov-09, 13:07
what mobile phones providers (like virgin, t-mobile, o2, 3 etc) give the best reception in wick?

taylor.4
12-Nov-09, 13:24
what mobile phones providers (like virgin, t-mobile, o2, 3 etc) give the best reception in wick? Im on vodafone and i get a good reception in wick, but my kid's are on o2 and they also get good reception, it depends what kind of mobile you are after??

upolian
12-Nov-09, 13:28
ive never lost reception in wick on o2,i top up £15 i get free calls and texts to o2 mobiles for a month,and the £15 credit is used for other networks,you also get a code sent to your phone that you enter on the o2 website you receive 2 free gifts(if you topup £15) 1 if you topup £10, my latest 2 gifts were 20minutes free calls to any network,the other was blockbuster rentals free for a month! cant go wrong with o2 in my opinion,hope this helps L:)

northener
12-Nov-09, 15:51
I changed from Orange to O2 a couple of years back - no probs around Wick and a little better (IMO) around Groats and other dodgy areas.

Free mobile to mobile, too.

simple338
12-Nov-09, 15:52
i to would recommend o2 always had a signal on my phone in wick, no problems with them and the free minutes and texts are good to.

shamrock2007
12-Nov-09, 20:33
You can go on the company websites & type in your postcode & see whats best with your area

Henrik7
13-Nov-09, 10:56
O2 have the best coverage for this area but I wouldn't imagine you would struggle with the majority of providers.

Leanne
13-Nov-09, 12:23
I'm on Vodafone and can get a reception even in the dip in Watten in the middle of a stone building! My other half on the other hand has to walk a mile to the end of the lane to use his phone... He's on Orange

Kirdon
13-Nov-09, 20:47
O2 has a mast on top of the lighting tower at the harbour so probably has the best all round reception in wick. Vodaphone has a mast up at the airport beside Simrad and are also pretty good but there is a lot of "shadows" down the high street etc. Don't know about any other suppliers.

Phill
13-Nov-09, 21:56
I was on Orange for years and when we moved up here I was told O2 & Vodafone had better coverage.
So I changed to O2 AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
18 months of bobbins signal and nightmare customer services, it go to the point they sent me a new free phone and payed my bill for the last few months, but they wouldn't cancel my contract.

On Vodafone now and get good coverage in most areas, even in the middle of Camster forest too!

Ooops, forgot to say, went onto T-Mobile after O2, Good coverage with them too and excellent customer services.