PDA

View Full Version : Born to soon

shamrock2007
11-Nov-09, 22:23
Did anyone watch the programme on Monday night with Kym Marsh about prem babies. Was really moved by it. Brought back lots of memories had one born at 30wks in Edinburgh (last neonatal bed in Scotland) & one born at 34wks in Inverness. Thankfully both were well and all turned out okay but just makes you realise how lucky we were. Does make you wonder if there is enough neonatal care in Scotland.

carasmam
11-Nov-09, 23:14
Yes it was a very touching programme. She was very strong to front it so soon after her loss.
It did make me realise how lucky we are, these ladies have so many unanswered questions. "Why me?" must go through their minds so often, :(

Wellies
12-Nov-09, 09:24
I had a baby at 28 weeks and was rushed to Inverness in an Ambulance. She was there for nearly 4 months and that was hard being away from home. She is absolutely fine now. But it is hard and not all babies have a good outcome, she was one of the lucky ones.

Ash
12-Nov-09, 09:39
I had a baby at 28 weeks and was rushed to Inverness in an Ambulance. She was there for nearly 4 months and that was hard being away from home. She is absolutely fine now. But it is hard and not all babies have a good outcome, she was one of the lucky ones.

you've basically written my story, the same thing happened to me, my daughter is nearly 6 now, those 4months in that hospital was the hardest time ever

Wellies
12-Nov-09, 17:42
Yep but its worth it don't you agree.