PDA

View Full Version : No Patience

cherokee
10-Nov-09, 22:51
I am the first to admit to being extremely short of patience, probably more so with myself than with other people.

It is very rarely that I check out websites on Google, but having found some really good looking sites that sound really great for Christmas presents ( a few with designer goods and brand names with up to over 80% discount - all above board, by the way, I made sure of that before I started !!) I thought I'd have a shottie at some ordering.

Well, I can appreciate that the world and his wife are probably scoping these sites, just as I am, and its probably a "busy" time o' night with all the internet traffic probably causing "traffic jams" and i honestly TRY to be patient but.........................

After waiting for a viewing of a single item for well over 15 minutes, I just gave up!! Good grief, I mean queues at Marks & Spencers move quicker than that at the very height of Christmas shopping !!!!!

One consolation though, my computer is still sitting on my desk in one piece as is the study window, with no "hole-shaped" computer through it !!!! :lol:

With hindsight, me thinks it would be a lot quicker to physically drive to Inverness and view said items in their locale rather than to do this "the quick way " (:roll: ?????????, !!!!!!!) - on line.....

How do others Orgers percieve this way of shopping or is it just me and my patience that have bother LOL !!

Dadie
10-Nov-09, 23:00
I am getting ratty with waiting for anything at the moment....so I leave ordering anything I cant do in 2mins flat to my hubby to do:lol:

Then I can get on with other things round the house or have a bath etc....and the money comes off his credit card not mine:D

So I win both ways!

highland red
11-Nov-09, 00:37
I am the first to admit to being extremely short of patience, probably more so with myself than with other people.

It is very rarely that I check out websites on Google, but having found some really good looking sites that sound really great for Christmas presents ( a few with designer goods and brand names with up to over 80% discount - all above board, by the way, I made sure of that before I started !!) I thought I'd have a shottie at some ordering.

Well, I can appreciate that the world and his wife are probably scoping these sites, just as I am, and its probably a "busy" time o' night with all the internet traffic probably causing "traffic jams" and i honestly TRY to be patient but.........................

After waiting for a viewing of a single item for well over 15 minutes, I just gave up!! Good grief, I mean queues at Marks & Spencers move quicker than that at the very height of Christmas shopping !!!!!

One consolation though, my computer is still sitting on my desk in one piece as is the study window, with no "hole-shaped" computer through it !!!! :lol:

With hindsight, me thinks it would be a lot quicker to physically drive to Inverness and view said items in their locale rather than to do this "the quick way " (:roll: ?????????, !!!!!!!) - on line.....

How do others Orgers percieve this way of shopping or is it just me and my patience that have bother LOL !!

Very frustrating I'm sure. I must admit that even with my idle but fertile imagination I still can't conjure up what a "hole shaped computer" would look like.;)

Only kidding I know what you mean.

ShelleyCowie
11-Nov-09, 10:24
Me and my OH ordered all 3 kids toys from argos a few weeks ago. And what we could not get online i went through to wick the same afternoon and got them to make sure we did before they ran out of stock.

I still have the rest of the families to buy for but its things i can buy in Thurso thankfully! Or maybe even another trip to wick.

But i understand your frustration. When i was browsing online for stuff the other night i lost patience and gave in!

i hate buying Christmas stuff online, i miss going down to woolies with the kids so they can pick every toy in the shop! Lol!

Geo
11-Nov-09, 12:07

I do 99% of non food shopping online and rarely have to wait more than a few seconds. Waiting 15 minutes for a page would suggest to me either the site or your internet service was having technical problems.

Loraine
11-Nov-09, 14:24
I do 99% of non food shopping online and rarely have to wait more than a few seconds. Waiting 15 minutes for a page would suggest to me either the site or your internet service was having technical problems.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Do you have broadband or is it dial-up you use? I'd be surprised if broadband was as slow as that!! But as Geo said it could be technical problems with the site/ISP.