PDA

View Full Version : cod modern warfare 2

slinky
10-Nov-09, 00:18
anyone else waiting on the new game :)

young_fishin_neep
10-Nov-09, 00:25
yup... got my fingers crossed i can get it next week :D... was speakin to couple friends on the xbox today and they are going to que up to get it just after midnight.. ment to be one of the most awaited games this year :D

xx

slinky
10-Nov-09, 00:28
yeah looks good if like the last 1 will be excellent i pre ordered mine of play.com says should be delivered 2morrow

ber219
10-Nov-09, 00:35
Shame we have no Sainsburys' lol....£26!. Tesco are doing it at £39.00

mums angels
10-Nov-09, 01:06
ours due in tomorow from play.com for ps3 , shame hubby isnt home to enjoy it as means nothing to me :P

Connor.
10-Nov-09, 01:48
Got mine on saturday, orderered it from www.coolshop.com, sent from denmark.

Installing it now as i type this. See you in a year.

slinky
10-Nov-09, 02:49
ur link takes you to bob marley gifts :roll:

highlander
10-Nov-09, 10:08
would like to get this for hubbys xmas, is it out on xbox or playstation, if both, which machine would it be better to play on?

The Angel Of Death
10-Nov-09, 10:20
Worst thing ever to happen the night before your getting the most anticipated game of the year

One broken playstation :cry:

ShelleyCowie
10-Nov-09, 11:00
Had my copy pre-ordered months ago from play.com! And the BEST thing about them....they post it 3 days before release so its here for the actual day its out.....or earlier! My copy shud be here today!

ShelleyCowie
10-Nov-09, 11:02
would like to get this for hubbys xmas, is it out on xbox or playstation, if both, which machine would it be better to play on?

Its up to you really. PS3 has better graphics but Xbox you get your achievements on. Obviously you get trophies on the PS3 but i dont find them as fun! I cant remember what consol i ordered mine for noe actually! :confused

coreyjay
10-Nov-09, 13:24
Got my copy at midnight from tesco and what a game it is :D

ShelleyCowie
10-Nov-09, 13:25
got mine but aint opened it yet! lol

coreyjay
10-Nov-09, 13:27
ive been playing mine all night:eek:

Gizmo
10-Nov-09, 14:24
Shame we have no Sainsburys' lol....£26!. Tesco are doing it at £39.00

You can get it for £25 in Tesco if you buy another Top 20 game, #19 in the Xbox chart is "The Sega Megadrive Collection", which is £19.97 (It's the only cheap game in the chart), so for £44.97 you can get yourself 2 quality games.

MR_A
10-Nov-09, 14:31
Mine should be here tomorrow!!!!

Canna Wait!!!

hails4
10-Nov-09, 14:32
excellent game, got it for ps3 and graphic are amazing. just been playing online for 2hrs and connections pretty good!

MR_A
10-Nov-09, 14:36
excellent game, got it for ps3 and graphic are amazing. just been playing online for 2hrs and connections pretty good!

Rub it in! Rub it in! [lol]

ShelleyCowie
10-Nov-09, 14:40
Still aint opened mine. No point just now cos i wont get to play it. :confused

MR_A
10-Nov-09, 15:02
Still aint opened mine. No point just now cos i wont get to play it. :confused

:eek: :eek:

ShelleyCowie
10-Nov-09, 15:08
:eek: :eek:

crazy........i know!

EWOK
10-Nov-09, 15:13
mines is here to yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy be starting it in a min:Razz

slinky
10-Nov-09, 20:20
ps3 ids for online matches ???

The Angel Of Death
10-Nov-09, 22:49
Anyone done the airport level yet to say its a bit brutal is an understatement ;)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
10-Nov-09, 22:57
Mind one day up the stair driving like a mad yin on the PS2.Came doon stairs and ma youngests friend asked me if I liked cod,telt him I preferred haddock.

They both looked at me like I was a haddy.

Hope ye's are aw enjoying the game.No doubt I'll get a shot in the next few weeks fae bobby.:D

Connor.
11-Nov-09, 05:41
Yeah, that link was wrong.

It's www.coolshop.co.uk

Really enjoying this game so far :cool:

Icebird
11-Nov-09, 11:34
I pre-ordered hardened edition for Xbox 360 from Zavvi and received an email from them last night to say they are experiencing a short delay and expecting it to be sent out around the 13th. First time ordering with them....think i will go elsewhere in the future :( So gutted think i might cry lol

ewensct
11-Nov-09, 12:11
Got the game yesterday and it is everything you would expect and more. The Airport was not as all hyped about. FPS players have been randomly shooting folk for years. The graphics are fantastic, the game was literally dragging me along at breakneck speed so ended up finishing the single player campaign last night. Yet to tackle Specops and multiplayer.
The texture engine of the game is really pushing the PS3 and it seems to cope easily. Ice looks like ice, though hanging off a ledge precariously with one ice hook was novel. Settings are enormous, deep, wide and monstrously detailed. Friends, neutrals and non-friendlys are everywhere, adding to the almost overloaded confusion, and still all movement and panning is splendidly smooth.
5 out of 5 from me so far, will no doubt be even more impressed with specops and the rest.
Well done Activision for raising the bar once again in the genre of FPS!

ShelleyCowie
11-Nov-09, 12:49
I pre-ordered hardened edition for Xbox 360 from Zavvi and received an email from them last night to say they are experiencing a short delay and expecting it to be sent out around the 13th. First time ordering with them....think i will go elsewhere in the future :( So gutted think i might cry lol

I recommend play.com

I have never had any problems with their delivering! And as i said they post it a few days before release to make sure you get it on the day of release! Have used it for a good few years now and they are awsome!

Even when i ordered my OH's PS3 for his Christmas last year it took 3 days to come by recorded delivery. And they are really cheap too!!

The Angel Of Death
11-Nov-09, 13:08
Found this one on another forum

I'm so Bad Wordie right now that I had to vent. My wife is really sensitive but this just went to far. I waited in line just like ever other pud last night just to get this game. My wife watched me play and I got all the way up to the end of the airport mission. She thought it was disgusting but didn't say too much more about it. Fast forward to this afternoon when I come home from work and my disk is not in the 360. I asked her about it and she said that the airport mission scared her earlier and that she did not want me to play the game again because she felt it was of the devil.

I'm so Bad Wordie Again right now but at the same time I have to respect her because her feelings count too. I'm 25 so I feel I can make my own decisions about what to play. At least she didn't delete my save game. I will probably try to find where she hid it or I may just suck it up and buy another one. Of course, I would have to play it when she's not home and make sure I hide it before she comes. Anyone else experience something similar?

ShelleyCowie
11-Nov-09, 13:18
Found this one on another forum

Lol at the start of the game it warns that there are scenes that some people may find very offensive so you have the option to skip them!

To me it is just a game. :Razz

The Angel Of Death
11-Nov-09, 13:31
Exactly i loved that part nice for a change doesnt mean that i am on my way up to wick airport to re-enact it though

Bugs me the PC crew that moan games make you kill people sick of hearing it

young_fishin_neep
11-Nov-09, 13:40
well i signed on the xbox last night to find practically everyone online on my friends list playing modern warfare 2, feel quite left out now, everyone says in really good cant wait to get my hands on it now though.

x

Connor.
11-Nov-09, 15:44
The game title is '18' so you'd expect that from the game. Considering i think the likes of Grand Theft Auto are a bit closer to the "why did you even make this" category. Shooting prostitutes and stealing their money, beat random civilians to death with golf clubs etc. The airport scene is a lot less brutal.

Bazeye
11-Nov-09, 16:14
I went to Tescos for it for my lads birthday only to find out, when i got back that Id got the PS3 one instead of the x box. Had to go back to change it and got absolutely drenched....doh! Whats the matter with a hoop and stick....kids these days eh.

slinky
11-Nov-09, 18:46
not getting onto multiplayer online this afteroon for ps3 just after i updated files had no problem this morning just after this update i cant get online :confused frustrated [disgust]

ShelleyCowie
11-Nov-09, 19:15
not getting onto multiplayer online this afteroon for ps3 just after i updated files had no problem this morning just after this update i cant get online :confused frustrated [disgust]

We had a problem getting online earlier. The PS3 network was down. Yet it managed to download the update fine! Not tried it since!

Connor.
12-Nov-09, 06:41
It was down while they were doing something with a new patch or an update of some sort. Should be sorted now.

*Martin*
13-Nov-09, 23:14
Shooting prostitutes and stealing their money, beat random civilians to death with golf clubs etc.

These are the best parts of GTA.

Don't have MW2 (yet) the Mrs. thinks Christmas is more important (idiot)

Oh well, at least I don't have a mong of a brother that has it and won't give me a shotty....

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2365/k1ocray.gif

The Angel Of Death
14-Nov-09, 00:19
Oh well, at least I don't have a mong of a brother that has it and won't give me a shotty....

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2365/k1ocray.gif

Why wait for a shot when you can "Borrow" it ;)

black16i
14-Nov-09, 00:57
Best price available for game will be £25, if 2 people need the game, just get together and go to tesco and buy 2 copies, that way its only £25

better than £40;)

celtic88chick
14-Nov-09, 04:54
My brother has modern warfare 2, and since i bought it for him while he was at work (getting asked for id in the process), he has said that i can play on it while he is at work, only if i complete the previous modern warfare first :mad:. Not impressed!!!!!! Although from what i have seen, it looks amazing, must get my finger out and complete the first one!!