PDA

View Full Version : how to remove diesel?

Tugmistress
09-Nov-09, 18:04
from my hair?
washed it three times and it still stinks :(

Aaldtimer
09-Nov-09, 18:55
Try scissors...never fails!;)

Tugmistress
09-Nov-09, 19:02

might come to that yet :(
going to try another bath and hair wash in a wee while :confused

EDDIE
09-Nov-09, 19:03
So how did u manage to get diesel on your hair all u can do is wash your hair probably the smell of the diesel is still part in ure imagination and probably the smell is still in your nose if u no what i means

Tugmistress
09-Nov-09, 19:26

So how did u manage to get diesel on your hair all u can do is wash your hair probably the smell of the diesel is still part in ure imagination and probably the smell is still in your nose if u no what i means

i been changing the fuel feed and return pipes on my tonka truck (frontera) and laid in a puddle of it lol (also did an oil and filter change while there too :D )
i know the smell is in my hair still, i put it under my nose and it makes my eyes water [disgust] (hair is about 16").

young_fishin_neep
09-Nov-09, 19:48
i been changing the fuel feed and return pipes on my tonka truck (frontera) and laid in a puddle of it lol (also did an oil and filter change while there too :D )
i know the smell is in my hair still, i put it under my nose and it makes my eyes water [disgust] (hair is about 16").

i vouch for it still stinking!, she shoves her hair under my nose asking if i think it still smells, trust me its eyewateringly stinky!

xxxx

Thumper
09-Nov-09, 20:11
Try dusting you hair with talc and then combing it out a couple of times then re wash your hair x

majic
09-Nov-09, 20:19
you could try vinegar it gets the smell out of clothes one draw back your hair will smell of vinegar instead:)

Tugmistress
09-Nov-09, 20:42
washed another twice now - soap and hand cleaner and it STILL stinks :(
i give up tonight :(

Leanne
09-Nov-09, 20:51
wash it with beer :)

young_fishin_neep
09-Nov-09, 20:58
wash it with beer :)

im sure beer would smell nicer than diesil, but it a bit of a waste

xx

Dadie
09-Nov-09, 21:41
Neat fairy liquid on dry hair?
Then rinse....it removed vaseline from Laurens hair!
It didnt smell though it was very greasy:lol:

onecalledk
10-Nov-09, 16:34
try head and shoulders shampoo, used by hairdressers to strip colour out of hair if dyed wrongly! worth a try?

K

poppett
10-Nov-09, 16:42
Fairy liquid to wash and use comfort or lenor to condition afterwards. I had a friend who worked in a garage and always stank of diesel and this was her preferred method of fragrant hair. Her hair was very thick and wavy, almost to her hip bone.

Good luck.

rs 2k
10-Nov-09, 19:48
Hi Paula

As u know my hubby works with cars quite a bit and he often comes in stinking of diesel, clothes full of it :lol:

But i noticed when i wash his clothes the stink is worse, but if i air them outside for a few days its not so bad, so maybe thats what u should do

I don't mean sit outside for a few days :lol:, just don't wash your hair for a few days,the water could b making it worse, then try some sort of comfort conditioner

Hope u get it sorted :)

Tugmistress
10-Nov-09, 20:58
well after 9 washes and the hairdressers it still smells lol - but it's a lot shorter!

young_fishin_neep
10-Nov-09, 21:50
well after 9 washes and the hairdressers it still smells lol - but it's a lot shorter!

16 inches shorter to be more precise!! :eek::eek:

Mik.M.
10-Nov-09, 22:05
16 inches shorter to be more precise!! :eek::eek:
The hair or Tuggs?

young_fishin_neep
11-Nov-09, 17:50
haha mik, the hair, if she was 16 inch shorter she would be about the size of action man :D
xx

Mik.M.
11-Nov-09, 18:38
haha mik, the hair, if she was 16 inch shorter she would be about the size of action man :D
xx
Surely you mean Action Woman! [lol] Mik XX

chef4celebrations
11-Nov-09, 23:35
is it as short as mine lol

Tugmistress
12-Nov-09, 08:06
unless you've been scalped since i saw you last then yes!

young_fishin_neep
12-Nov-09, 12:42
Surely you mean Action Woman! [lol] Mik XX

trust me the long hair was the last bit of feminimity mum had left... now the hairs gone.. she not very feminine at all! x

chef4celebrations
12-Nov-09, 14:33
well i am like a cue ball now not even the pink or the brown, just plain white....pmsl

andyw
24-Feb-10, 17:30
Now when i got coverd years ago with tar what goes on the road hospital used BUTTER it desolves it dont know if that work on diesel but it does work on tar

tonkatojo
24-Feb-10, 17:47
BilgeX I used to clean my fishing boat with shifted all oil/diesel/rotten crab ETC, but too late now I fear, Tugs has been shorn LOL.

northener
24-Feb-10, 20:41
Basically, ya stuffed, Tugs.

It's virtually impossible to wash away the smell, I spent 9 years trying to get rid of it every weekend with no joy.:(

ellimac
25-Feb-10, 11:32
Have you tried Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner.....

It might help....... :D

Invisible
25-Feb-10, 11:40
Shave it off for charity