PDA

View Full Version : new moon

sharona
08-Nov-09, 23:32
not long now for cinemas now carnt wait

Cinders392
08-Nov-09, 23:36
Me too! booked into the 12.01am showing on the 20th of november in inverness! Very excited to see how different from the book it is.

nicnak
09-Nov-09, 01:54
Me too, booked mine the day the tickets came available ! kids all think mum is a saddo, but then again they havent read the books! hope the film lives up to the book too!

Amy-Winehouse
10-Nov-09, 16:16
Im booked for the midnight showing cant wait love it :D

Fluff
10-Nov-09, 21:45
I am going to see it during the week after it comes out. Can't wait!!

honey
14-Nov-09, 19:56
i cant wait to get to see it, dont know when im going cause the wee man will just be 2 weeks old when its out, and its my anniversary that week!

johnlc
20-Nov-09, 09:28
off on sunday to c it,oh i cant wait:)

Team edward all the way lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nicnak
20-Nov-09, 15:22
Went to see the premier showing of it last night , all I can say is FANTASTIC, FANTISTIC, even the Hubby who i dragged along with me enjoyed it! So much so we are going again next week to take the young en to see it too!

Amy-Winehouse
20-Nov-09, 23:45
Went to see the premier showing of it last night , all I can say is FANTASTIC, FANTISTIC, even the Hubby who i dragged along with me enjoyed it! So much so we are going again next week to take the young en to see it too!
Yes it was brillant i was there last night also cant wait 2 see it again it followed the book very well delighted with it.

Phoenix200416
21-Nov-09, 12:53
I'm going to see it on Monday evening! I'm so excited! Pleased that to hear that it is good! I'm even more excited now!

telfordstar
21-Nov-09, 14:40
Ive finally got around to watching the first one and it was brilliant. Are the books good?

nicnak
21-Nov-09, 15:17
Yes Telstar the books are brilliant, the third one isnt as gripping as the rest but the final one sure makes up for it, i would reccomend reading the books before you see the film. but beware once you start reading them nothing will get done till you have finished! I was even cooking the tea with a book in my hand when i read them lol!

telfordstar
21-Nov-09, 15:35
Yes Telstar the books are brilliant, the third one isnt as gripping as the rest but the final one sure makes up for it, i would reccomend reading the books before you see the film. but beware once you start reading them nothing will get done till you have finished! I was even cooking the tea with a book in my hand when i read them lol!

Cheers nicnak might see if i can get the new moon one i will not bother with the twilight book as just watched the film!

Fluff
21-Nov-09, 19:29
Telford, the book is ten times better than the film and quite different in some ways. Well worth a read.
Personally I found the 3rd book to be my fav, I thought it was brill!

porshiepoo
22-Nov-09, 19:09
Turns out I went xmas shopping at Inverness on Saturday (unplanned) so decided to catch the afternoon showing at Vue.

The poor guy serving the tickets didn't know what hit him when we turned up. lol. There were only a few seats left for the 2.30 and he was dithering about my daughter and her friend being students as they didn't have I.D. My response was to literally growl "I'll pay full price, we just want the damn tickets". He responded with "I can see these tickets mean a lot to you".
The girls were embarrassed but luckily we could all laugh about me being so desperate. :lol:
Anyway, we were lucky to get tickets at all, it sold out minutes later. The queue was ridiculous (luckily we were at the beginningish as we queued an hour early. Sacrificing all sweets and drinks) and it went all the way outside.

Other than screaming girlies and wolf whistles we really enjoyed the film even though I fell asleep for the first 10 mins lol.

Great film though. Would love to see it again.

robglysen
22-Nov-09, 23:19
Not read the books, but went to see it with wife, niece and a bunch of her friends, great film, but theres a vision or dream sequence where edward and bella are running in the woods in the most rediculously camp way, the whole cinema started laughing.

I dont know if it was intentional or not can some who read the book clear this up? Please warn if its a spoiler for the sake of others.

honey
23-Nov-09, 18:23

i havent seen the film... yet. hubby is treating me next friday as sister in law is desperate to take Owen for the night. so its my first post pregnancy treat!!

i agree about the books though. The Breaking Dawn is the best out of the 4, and i have heard they will be splitting that into 2 films, so even more films to look forward too. the only bad thing about it is you cant discuss it with folk who havent read it yet as you would spoil it for them.

i need to bite on a pillow to stop myself..... ;)

ShelleyCowie
23-Nov-09, 19:14
i havent seen the film... yet. hubby is treating me next friday as sister in law is desperate to take Owen for the night. so its my first post pregnancy treat!!

i agree about the books though. The Breaking Dawn is the best out of the 4, and i have heard they will be splitting that into 2 films, so even more films to look forward too. the only bad thing about it is you cant discuss it with folk who havent read it yet as you would spoil it for them.

i need to bite on a pillow to stop myself..... ;)

Honey you seem as obsessed as i feel myself becoming! My OH is buying me the books for my Christmas. Can not wait to see New moon aswell! I have watched Twilight 4 times in 5 days!! Cant get enough of it!

Even your signature is a line from the film! Im lovin it! :Razz

Vistravi
23-Nov-09, 22:03
Ive finally got around to watching the first one and it was brilliant. Are the books good?

The books are brilliant. I have collected after some finding all 4 and i enjoyed them all immensely. The last one breaking dawn was the best for me. It really finished of the series so well.

Vistravi
23-Nov-09, 22:07
Honey you seem as obsessed as i feel myself becoming! My OH is buying me the books for my Christmas. Can not wait to see New moon aswell! I have watched Twilight 4 times in 5 days!! Cant get enough of it!

The books are miles better shelley by far. I enjoyed the film twillight but i enjoyed the book more. In fact in the film there is the start of new moon and the film misses out the character breakage of Bella due to Edward leaving her after thinking it was the best thing to do for her. She becomes stronger because of it and more sure that she wants a future with Edward. It's a darn good read. Enjoy them when you get them! I shall shut up now and stop spoiling it lol.

I can't wait to see new moon. Jamal isn't too keen on it but he's coming with me to see it ;)

I can't believe that my liking for the books came after reading my sister's copy of elicpse for something to read. It looked ok so i gave it a shot lol. I was warned it was part of a series at least! lol

Amy-Winehouse
25-Nov-09, 10:27
The breaking dawn book for me was one of the best books i have read i read all 4 in a week:eek:lol loved every second of reading them boohoo just sad it,s over, Just waiting for the new book midnight son it,s from edwards perspective read a few pages online looks really good cant wait to get my hands on it:Razz

dont you just wish all men were like edward he,s the modern day romeo with fangs love him yes im a bit addicted lol

Fluff
25-Nov-09, 13:29
Amy, she has no plans to release Midnight Sun, it has been put on hold/cancelled indefinitely.

Amy-Winehouse
25-Nov-09, 16:32
Amy, she has no plans to release Midnight Sun, it has been put on hold/cancelled indefinitely.
It was cancelled but it said on her website that she will wright it now because so many fans have asked her to :D so it says on her website that it will be her next project:D

Fluff
25-Nov-09, 19:50
hmm intresting.....

Cinders392
25-Nov-09, 20:54
I beleive she is def going to finish this book
Jacob is the man for me, at 105F he is hot! I so wish I was renesme cullen!

honey
26-Nov-09, 21:26

I am!! ive always been into vampires and anything supernatural, and these books/films have just captured my imagination.

ask my 3 year old, he sees a picture of Rob Pattinson and says "mummy, theres edward" ask him what i say when i see the vampire and he says "ooooh, hes lovely" :lol:

honey
26-Nov-09, 21:28
It was cancelled but it said on her website that she will wright it now because so many fans have asked her to :D so it says on her website that it will be her next project:D

thats great news!!!

sharona
27-Nov-09, 17:55
watched the film yesterday absolutely fab cryed and cryed again

honey
30-Nov-09, 11:33
watched this on friday night. turned up for an earlish showing to find it was solod out, as was the next one. didnt get in till the 9 o clock showing! but it was worth the wait.

much better to watch if you have read the book as the book explains certain things in more depth, while the filom seems to gloss over it a bit, but this stops the film becoming a bit tedious with you waiting to see wshat happens next.

so, yes, watched it in the cinema, now cant wait for the dvd to come out so i can watch it again.... and again ;)

Rie
30-Nov-09, 12:33
Watched it last thursday and loved it, well worth the drive to inverness, cant wait for dvd and the next 2 films to come out,
Only spoilt at the end by some one shouting out " oh you are joking" when the film finished on edwards proposal !! :lol:

honey
01-Dec-09, 17:48
Watched it last thursday and loved it, well worth the drive to inverness, cant wait for dvd and the next 2 films to come out,
Only spoilt at the end by some one shouting out " oh you are joking" when the film finished on edwards proposal !! :lol:

oops, not everyone has read the book and wont know what happens at the end........

ShelleyCowie
07-Dec-09, 23:52
All 4 books got delivered the other day but im not allowed near them cos they are for my christmas! :~( They are all special edition books. Comes with a few extras! :D Cant wait to get stuck into em!

froal
08-Dec-09, 17:21
seen the film yesterday in inverness thought it was ok thought the 1st one better lets see what happens when the 3rd comes out, maybe the books are better ? can anyone recommend them !
Think i'd perfer The Wolfman trailer looks real good just up my street blood and gore !

flowertot
10-Dec-09, 13:33
I have read all the books in one week, nothing else got done in the house whilst I read them.

They are all great and I totally recommend them.

Hoping to see New Moon Film over xmas period when I am down in Inverness.

Sort of loss now that I have read the books, as they gripped me so much, oh I suppose I will need to do the house work now, unless anyone can tell me of any other books that are like that to read or get into. :cool:

froal
11-Dec-09, 23:44
Looks like i'll have to buy the books now ! :)
Are they all named like the films like the same Twlight etc or are they under different names ? i read in another post there's 4 books ! :)
Thanks for that

StacNKel
14-Dec-09, 00:47
I read all the books in 4 days they are really good i have a lot of different vampire books have always been into them. have to say though i watched the movie after i read the books and i thought the movie was boring... haven't seen new moon yet so i am hoping its going to capture my heart as much as the books have.

twiglet
05-Jan-10, 21:30
Dragged OH to see it. OH was bored to tears and I was a tad dissapointed. The book was so much better but loved the CGI of Jacob transforming into a wolf.

Mik.M.
05-Jan-10, 22:59
Dragged OH to see it. OH was bored to tears and I was a tad dissapointed. The book was so much better but loved the CGI of Jacob transforming into a wolf.
2 1/2 hrs of my life wasted but at least it was warm & comfortable in Inverness.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
05-Jan-10, 23:33
I have just finished the first book, took me ages til read it cos i dont get much peace to read in this house but it described so much and answered alot of questions i had from the movie! (I still watch the movie nearly every day)

Cant wait to read New Moon, cant wait to see it either! :Razz

telfordstar
06-Jan-10, 19:33
I have just finished the first book, took me ages til read it cos i dont get much peace to read in this house but it described so much and answered alot of questions i had from the movie! (I still watch the movie nearly every day)

Cant wait to read New Moon, cant wait to see it either! :Razz

I liked new moon but i thought eclipse was slightly better. Yesterday i picked up my copy of breading dawn but with 760 pages mite take me a while lol.

Vistravi
06-Jan-10, 20:00
I liked new moon but i thought eclipse was slightly better. Yesterday i picked up my copy of breading dawn but with 760 pages mite take me a while lol.

I liked them all but as the story went on the books got better. Enjoy breaking dawn for me it was the best out of the 4. It only took me 4 days to read it lol.

honey
17-Jan-10, 12:39
Sort of loss now that I have read the books, as they gripped me so much, oh I suppose I will need to do the house work now, unless anyone can tell me of any other books that are like that to read or get into. :cool:

get the night world books, shorter stories about the secret world of vampires witches and werewolves. i really enjoyed them.

ShelleyCowie
21-Jan-10, 23:30
I have New Moon on pre-order! I honestly can not wait to get it!! Im counting down the days! :Razz

bobbyrussell09
24-Jan-10, 02:05
I have New Moon on pre-order! I honestly can not wait to get it!! Im counting down the days! :Razz
why ???????????

Fluff
24-Jan-10, 02:43
why not? (extending message to at least 10 characters)

telfordstar
24-Jan-10, 11:51

Me too Shelley I cant wait!!!

telfordstar
17-Mar-10, 15:32
New Moon has been posted woooo hooooo

ShelleyCowie
17-Mar-10, 16:22
New Moon has been posted woooo hooooo

Mine too! Im hopeful it comes on saturday! EEEEEEKKKKKKK! Im so excited!

I really didnt want to read the New moon book before i watched the movie, but 2 nights ago i had the urge that i couldnt put it off anymore. I dont get much of a chance to read with my schedule getting busier by the day but im nearly done and i LOVE it!

But im still nowhere near turning to Team Jacob!!! :lol:

TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY! [lol]

Vistravi
20-Mar-10, 18:44
Mine too! Im hopeful it comes on saturday! EEEEEEKKKKKKK! Im so excited!

I really didnt want to read the New moon book before i watched the movie, but 2 nights ago i had the urge that i couldnt put it off anymore. I dont get much of a chance to read with my schedule getting busier by the day but im nearly done and i LOVE it!

But im still nowhere near turning to Team Jacob!!! :lol:

TEAM EDWARD ALL THE WAY! [lol]

God no Shelley! Team Jacob all the way. What a hunk! Edward has nothing on Jacob.

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-10, 20:03
God no Shelley! Team Jacob all the way. What a hunk! Edward has nothing on Jacob.

:eek: Get out.......just get out! Lol. jokin.

i see where people are coming from saying they changed to Team Jacob, but i guess when i read it i seen it from a different view, im now reading Eclipse and i still think Jacob is being nasty. Edward is being protective for the sake that he knows Jacob in his "state" can not control himself. You all know what happened to Emily!

Jacob doesnt want Bella to be with Edward just because he is the enemy. He loathes him because of him being a "leech" or "bloodsucker"

I have the movie, now i just have to make chris let me watch it! :( Its not goin well! So far i have to watch it on Tuesday! :eek:

Invisible
20-Mar-10, 22:55

i see where people are coming from saying they changed to Team Jacob, but i guess when i read it i seen it from a different view, im now reading Eclipse and i still think Jacob is being nasty. Edward is being protective for the sake that he knows Jacob in his "state" can not control himself. You all know what happened to Emily!

Jacob doesnt want Bella to be with Edward just because he is the enemy. He loathes him because of him being a "leech" or "bloodsucker"

I have the movie, now i just have to make chris let me watch it! :( Its not goin well! So far i have to watch it on Tuesday! :eek:

Unfortunate for you Shelley, Can I ask why Chris isn't letting you watch it

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-10, 23:08
Unfortunate for you Shelley, Can I ask why Chris isn't letting you watch it

You can ask and i will answer Mr Invisible...he says its too much of a chick flick and not his "type" of movie. Even though over the last 3 years i have watched at least 15 of his movies that were not my type such as Kung Pow and Kung Fu Hustle etc etc... :(

He is just a meanie!

Invisible
20-Mar-10, 23:17
You can ask and i will answer Mr Invisible...he says its too much of a chick flick and not his "type" of movie. Even though over the last 3 years i have watched at least 15 of his movies that were not my type such as Kung Pow and Kung Fu Hustle etc etc... :(

He is just a meanie!

Nout wrong with Kung Fu Hustle

nicnak
20-Mar-10, 23:49
My copy came today and I watched it again tonight, Brill, just Brill! Hubby even bought me a blue ray player and tv so I can watch it in the kitchen whilst I'm making tea !lol How spoilt am I!

ShelleyCowie
21-Mar-10, 01:12
Nout wrong with Kung Fu Hustle

Lol thats what he said, just not my type of film tho.

My copy came today and I watched it again tonight, Brill, just Brill! Hubby even bought me a blue ray player and tv so I can watch it in the kitchen whilst I'm making tea !lol How spoilt am I!

Can i borrow ur hubby please? Just til i watch it! [lol]

Vistravi
21-Mar-10, 13:17

I have the movie, now i just have to make chris let me watch it! Its not goin well! So far i have to watch it on Tuesday! :eek:

Aye true in the books i'm very much for team Edward but in the film ooohhh it has to be team Jacob!. The film is eye candy for us readers :) Jacob just has that natural muscle look going on for him that i find terribly attractive. I've always liked the natural muscle look in a guy. Men who take it too far to the pont where they have no necks just don't do it for me.

Give Chris a slap and blackmail him with tears! I had to watch new moon through headphones the first time lol. the second time i watched it with my mate and ness neighbour Clare, Jamal had to watch it as it was two against one ha ha.

ShelleyCowie
21-Mar-10, 14:05
Aye true in the books i'm very much for team Edward but in the film ooohhh it has to be team Jacob!. The film is eye candy for us readers :) Jacob just has that natural muscle look going on for him that i find terribly attractive. I've always liked the natural muscle look in a guy. Men who take it too far to the pont where they have no necks just don't do it for me.

Give Chris a slap and blackmail him with tears! I had to watch new moon through headphones the first time lol. the second time i watched it with my mate and ness neighbour Clare, Jamal had to watch it as it was two against one ha ha.

Hmmm i never thought Jacob looked that good. Even from watching the trailers. yes he is muscular and whatever, but Edward has a natural look and i love the pale skin on him too :)

I am hopeful that i get to watch it tonight but he has said he wont watch New Moon because he hasnt seen Twilight...no problem then he can watch twilight first then we can watch New Moon! Sorted lol

Dadie
24-Mar-10, 21:06
Just going to settle down and watch this on DVD!

DO NOT DISTURB!

The girls are in bed... Euan is sleeping.... got a cup of tea... all good!

ShelleyCowie
24-Mar-10, 21:50
Just going to settle down and watch this on DVD!

DO NOT DISTURB!

The girls are in bed... Euan is sleeping.... got a cup of tea... all good!

Its brilliant. :D

I meant to watch it again today but watched Saw 6 instead as i had not seen it yet. I will watch new moon again tomorrow night maybe! :o)