PDA

View Full Version : The Most Disliked People In Wick

Bingobabe
16-Apr-06, 11:23
Got to be the traffic warden at the top of the list.Anyone else spring to mind.[lol] [lol]

wickchick
16-Apr-06, 11:44
Has to be the certain people that speed past my house in a rush to get home. Already killed three of my dogs. Worst part i have two younger brothers.

MR J
16-Apr-06, 11:57
Got to be the traffic warden at the top of the list.Anyone else spring to mind.

People who park in the wrong place cos they are too lazy to walk and then REQUIRE a traffic warden[smirk]

jings00
16-Apr-06, 11:58
I agree Mr J !

changilass
16-Apr-06, 11:59
Has to be the certain people that speed past my house in a rush to get home. Already killed three of my dogs. Worst part i have two younger brothers.

Take a note of there reg and report to polis, would hate your next post to be about your brothers

golach
16-Apr-06, 12:00
Got to be the traffic warden at the top of the list.Anyone else spring to mind.[lol]
Wardens only do their jobs, uncaring, ignorant car owners are responsible [disgust]

Geo
16-Apr-06, 12:04
I like the traffic warden! Wick town centre is much better for having the roads kept clear. It's not like there is a lack of parking in the town.

grantyg
16-Apr-06, 12:08
I saw the traffic warden loads when I was up last week.

He always seemed to be on bridge street and marching up and down like a russian soldier!!

Lucy
16-Apr-06, 12:09
The druggies and morons who break into innocent peoples houses, schools etc and make everyones life miserable:mad:

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 12:22
Got to be the traffic warden at the top of the list.Anyone else spring to mind. [lol]

I think it's a bit unfair to pick on traffic wardens after all you only get a ticket if parked illegally, which can be annoying when someone parks in a stupid place, like right at a junction or on a corner which i have seen many times.

Its almost as irritating as people who park in the mother and baby section with no kids and the disability area when they have no disability badge.
so spare a thought for the traffic wardens they are only trying to do their job
They are only so disliked cos they stop you parking illegally[disgust]

teuchter
16-Apr-06, 13:05
Nope , i cant vote for the traffic warden. At least he has a job ,and it isint one that i would like. My vote is going to have to go to the people in Mr &Mrs Billyboys other thread.

Mamabear
16-Apr-06, 13:09
The youths who break into shops & throw stones at cars=Neds in upper Pulteneytown, They really get on my & many other shop assistants nerves

willowbankbear
16-Apr-06, 13:47
I saw the traffic warden loads when I was up last week.

He always seemed to be on bridge street and marching up and down like a russian soldier!!

What Ive seen of him, he does a very good job. Cant say theres any1 that stands out for most disliked people in Wick, Thugs annoying old folk but that apart nobody really

elaine
16-Apr-06, 14:10
The druggies and morons who break into innocent peoples houses, schools etc and make everyones life miserable:mad:

HERE, HERE!

nancypotter45
16-Apr-06, 14:22

Well said Lucy. I think the traffic warden is only doing his job and the street is much better as there is now not a long line of cars and I received a parking ticket but it was my own fault as I was parked where I shouldn't have been (squirming having to pay £30 though)

I also dislike people who 'sit on the fence', stir up trouble then make out they are your best friend - say things about you and then make out they get on okay with you!!

pulteney person
16-Apr-06, 15:50
The mannie who is in charge of the new heating system in pulteney grrr. i think he needs a customer relations course.

aww the traffic warden is a lovely mannie. he keeps the drivers on their toes as he marches up and down, taking his job very seriously. the drivers wait until he goes up the cliff road and then they park in bridge street, get their shopping and away again before he gets back.

WeeBurd
16-Apr-06, 16:11
2Little2Late - are you inciting trouble, teehee <tongue firmly in cheek>:lol:

young_fishin_neep
16-Apr-06, 20:56
The idiotic boy and girl cruisers in Wick every night. They have no consideration for anyone but them selves. They really are annoying driving through the street all day and night. Every time they see someone they know, they always sound the car horns and what really makes me annoyed is they always think they are driving in thick fog because they always have their fog lights on. Just wish they would all clear off and go somewhere else.

we also have them in thurso and a few of them come from wick and i know a few of the thurso lad crusers and are good mates with them, was out in town on saturday night and i have to say they dont seem to be a problem here why is it different for wick?

kaz xx

p.s. i am not trying to cause trouble just asking!

coastown
16-Apr-06, 20:56
people you know that pass you on the street, then the next time you pass them they ignore you, after all it costs nothing to say hello.:mad:

Bingobabe
16-Apr-06, 22:16
I think it's a bit unfair to pick on traffic wardens after all you only get a ticket if parked illegally, which can be annoying when someone parks in a stupid place, like right at a junction or on a corner which i have seen many times.

Its almost as irritating as people who park in the mother and baby section with no kids and the disability area when they have no disability badge.
so spare a thought for the traffic wardens they are only trying to do their job
They are only so disliked cos they stop you parking illegally[disgust]This was meant tongue in cheek or for an example no offence intended.Anyway i dont drive!!!!

Billy Boy
16-Apr-06, 22:18
This was meant tongue in cheek or for an example no offence intended.Anyway i dont drive!!!!

no offence taken, we were just giving our views:roll:

Bingobabe
16-Apr-06, 22:22
people you know that pass you on the street, then the next time you pass them they ignore you, after all it costs nothing to say hello.:mad:Totally agree with you i cant stand that:mad:

Phoebus_Apollo
16-Apr-06, 22:33
people you know that pass you on the street, then the next time you pass them they ignore you, after all it costs nothing to say hello.:mad:

there nowt as queer as folk...

changilass
16-Apr-06, 22:34

Gotta admit I have been accused of this a number of times. It aint that I am ignoring folk, its just that when I am down the street I am on a mission - cos I hate shopping - and I just don't see folk

Sorry

ice box
17-Apr-06, 00:06
Mines has to be taxi drivers they think they own the road .

Venture
17-Apr-06, 11:26
Mines has to be the bin lorry, totally inconsiderate when it comes to other motorists.

2little2late
17-Apr-06, 13:22
Mines has to be the bin lorry, totally inconsiderate when it comes to other motorists.

You'd soon complain if it never turned up at all.

footie chick
17-Apr-06, 13:24
Mines has to be taxi drivers they think they own the road .

and its not just in Wick!!

2little2late
17-Apr-06, 13:25
we also have them in thurso and a few of them come from wick and i know a few of the thurso lad crusers and are good mates with them, was out in town on saturday night and i have to say they dont seem to be a problem here why is it different for wick?

kaz xx

They pull out in front of you at roundabouts, when driving behind them, they purposely drive slowly etc. etc. enough said on this subject.
P.S. One good thing about them though, they are keeping the filling stations in business. This will be my last post on this subject.

Whitewater
17-Apr-06, 20:50
Has to be the thugs that do all the damage breaking into other peoples homes, apart from the damage, they don't give a hoot about the misery and heartache they cause when they steal and destroy articles of sentimental value, which in many cases, are the only tangible items someone may of a dead loved one.

The traffic warden is OK.

Venture
17-Apr-06, 21:05
2little2late - I said motorists not householders.

jings00
17-Apr-06, 21:07
They pull out in front of you at roundabouts, when driving behind them, they purposely drive slowly etc. etc. enough said on this subject.
P.S. One good thing about them though, they are keeping the filling stations in business. This will be my last post on this subject.

there are a few things i don't like about them, but in particular indicating, if they indicate at all, at the last second, (coulda crossed the road twenty times sometimes!) and the way some of them feel they have a right to shout abuse at pedestrians walking down the road.

2little2late
18-Apr-06, 22:33
2little2late - I said motorists not householders.
I don't understand your point. You complained about the bin lorry. Where do householders come int this?

daviddd
18-Apr-06, 23:04
...anyone who has scrap cars in their garden or on their land - lowers the tone of what could be a very nice place.....

mareng
19-Apr-06, 07:14

kaz xx

Lad Cruisers?

They've done it for 30 years

We've commented on it for 30 years.

Nothing new, and not really a huge problem (keeps the petrol stations open, at least)

mareng
19-Apr-06, 07:18
Got to be the traffic warden at the top of the list.Anyone else spring to mind.[lol] [lol]

To be honest - it's a bit of a loaded question to the residents of Thurso, isn't it?

(Take the phone book, write down everyone's name that has "01955" next to it)

In jest - don't even saddle up that "high horse"!

johno
05-Nov-06, 19:09
People who park in the wrong place cos they are too lazy to walk and then REQUIRE a traffic warden[smirk]
how about all those church goers who fill up kirkhill and high street on sunday mornings sometimes right up to Mowats old garage from the old cinema,when there is an almost empty car park at the riverside????
ps. nothing wrong wth attending church, BUT there are car carks in abundance [FREE] all over the town.

changilass
05-Nov-06, 19:55
Now thats a tad unfair Johno, do you expect them to walk the streets in their sunday best:lol:

gollach
05-Nov-06, 20:58
i have to say they dont seem to be a problem here

Try living in central Thurso before you say they're not a problem.

tiggertoo
05-Nov-06, 20:59
Leeky Joe, he's bin hingin aboot at corner for donkeys years oglin the yung girlies and station road wen e high school gets oot and all the other predators o yung girls oot er. e guys who in there denner oor who are spinnin past e school, some are in there mid twenties,perverts or wot

pultneytooner
05-Nov-06, 21:08
The youths who break into shops & throw stones at cars=Neds in upper Pulteneytown, They really get on my & many other shop assistants nerves
There are neds all over wick not just in pultneytown, remember that.

highlander
05-Nov-06, 21:10
Sorry i know this is disliked people in Wick, but if i can have my tuppence worth plz, its the blooming buses that park in front of Royal Hotel, there is a huge carpark behind hotel, why do they have to park there, and keep all the traffic back!!!

willowbankbear
05-Nov-06, 21:12
This is an exclusive to Wick thread Highlander, by the looks of it:confused but I know fine what you mean

Cattach
05-Nov-06, 23:19
Sorry i know this is disliked people in Wick, but if i can have my tuppence worth plz, its the blooming buses that park in front of Royal Hotel, there is a huge carpark behind hotel, why do they have to park there, and keep all the traffic back!!!

Parking at the Royal is a real pain and the traffic warden does nothing about it so here we have to hates in one.

saxovtr
05-Nov-06, 23:40

personally running about the streets is sad,that or dealing or taking drugs?you dont have to take notice of them,but if you cant beat em join em lol

pultneytooner
05-Nov-06, 23:54
Lad Cruisers?

They've done it for 30 years

We've commented on it for 30 years.

Nothing new, and not really a huge problem (keeps the petrol stations open, at least)
Except you didn't have the net to comment on it.