PDA

View Full Version : Urinating on war memorial

highlander
05-Nov-09, 13:54
Listening to radio2 about the 19yr old who urinated on a war memorial and could be sent to prison for it, some think its harsh, what they are saying his name phil laing is on utube and has had threats of being kneecaped or murdered. With having his name on the internet he will be persecuted for the rest of his life, what they are talking about it is how can he redeam himself. People have phoned in and said he should be made to clean up war memorials, or run a marathon to raise money for help of heros. Yes he should be given harsh punishment but is prison the answer?

Venture
05-Nov-09, 14:01
Here is a link to the story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225168/Carnage-Uk-blamed.html

Rheghead
05-Nov-09, 14:03
Imprisoned for urinating on a memorial? Has the world gone completely mad?

He is young and daft, the fault is on us for not inculcating him into a life of respect for all things that need respect. We are really needing a load of shame right now.

highlander
05-Nov-09, 14:05
Thanks for posting the link

Gizmo
05-Nov-09, 14:10
Another case of the vile british media blowing something all out of proportion. He was a drunken divot who more than likely had no idea what he was taking a leak on, he should be fined, given a bucket and scrubbing brush, and told to scrub the memorial clean on a Saturday afternoom for all to see, but jail?...that's just a step too far.
This happens every weekend up and down the country, this lad is one of thousands doing the same thing, he was just unlucky enough to be photographed doing it.

buggyracer
05-Nov-09, 14:15
now i dont condem what he has done, imo he is young and was a bit worse for ware after to many shandy's, but by all means put him in prison. Right after they put the 100's of muslim extreemist's who march in protest of the war and those who serve us in foreign lands, with slogan's of hate etc, what's good for one is good for the others surely? :confused

Flashman
05-Nov-09, 14:40
Yes he should be punished but not with Prison, what will that teach him?

Better to make him clean it up and do a bit of community service helping people who fought in WW2 and learn a bit about what they fought for.

How many "Brits Abroad" go urinating all over Europe, it is more of a binge drinking problem I think.

golach
05-Nov-09, 15:38
Why not let him spend his sentence in a military prison? A spell in DQ's would soon sort him out, no human rights in those places.

golach
05-Nov-09, 16:03

He is young and daft, the fault is on us for not inculcating him into a life of respect for all things that need respect. We are really needing a load of shame right now.
If it had been your new Wendy house he had been photographed urinating on, would you be so tolerent Rheg?

Metalattakk
05-Nov-09, 16:54
Skin him alive! Skin him alive, cut bits off him and burn his twitching corpse, then fashion his skin into a vile, gruesome, flapping cape to be worn by the pitchfork-wielding, torch-bearing, baying mobs as they dance around his open funeral pyre!

Yeah, that'll teach him. Teach him good. If it was good enough for Ozzy Osbourne after he did the same on the Alamo, then it's good enough for this reprobate.

youoldduffer
05-Nov-09, 17:02
Bring back national service that'll teach em.

Phill
05-Nov-09, 17:09
Skin him alive! Skin him alive, cut bits off him and burn his twitching corpse, then fashion his skin into a vile, gruesome, flapping cape to be worn by the pitchfork-wielding, torch-bearing, baying mobs as they dance around his open funeral pyre!

And THEN make him clean up the memorial!

your just too easy going.....

~~Tides~~
05-Nov-09, 17:14
People are such idiots. Kneecapping anyone for any reason is much worse that peeing on something, for any reason!

annthracks
05-Nov-09, 17:36
Listening to radio2 about the 19yr old who urinated on a war memorial and could be sent to prison for it, some think its harsh, what they are saying his name phil young is on utube....

Now that is scary

You pratt! don't slander the name of Phil Young like that again! READ the article ...

Philip Laing, 19, was described as being 'ashamed, disgusted and embarrassed' at his behaviour when he appeared in court.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225168/Carnage-Uk-blamed.html#ixzz0W0JCiMN3

Metalattakk
05-Nov-09, 17:39
And THEN make him clean up the memorial!

your just too easy going.....

Aye, I'm just a bleeding-heart, lily-liberal, yoghurt-knitting peacenik.

ShelleyCowie
05-Nov-09, 17:43
Why not let him spend his sentence in a military prison? A spell in DQ's would soon sort him out, no human rights in those places.

That sounds fair to me! The lad wudna know what had hit him them!

George Brims
05-Nov-09, 17:50
Make him lick it clean.

highlander
05-Nov-09, 18:19
Now that is scary

You pratt! don't slander the name of Phil Young like that again! READ the article ...

Philip Laing, 19, was described as being 'ashamed, disgusted and embarrassed' at his behaviour when he appeared in court.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1225168/Carnage-Uk-blamed.html#ixzz0W0JCiMN3

LOL well first of all i was going to say why am i prat, ok i gave the wrong surname, i appoligize to any phil youngs out there, but if anyone happened to go on utube they would not find what they were looking for about this subject, but im sure there is nicer ways to say someone has made a typing error! also why dont you also phone up radio2 to correct them on the name too, as that is where i got the name phil young, as you will have noticed i did say thanks for the link to the story after i typed what was said on the radio.

Stavro
05-Nov-09, 18:57
People are such idiots.

Very true. And how the warmongers have always utilized this fact. :(

The kid is being made an example of to keep pro-war interests happy.

squidge
05-Nov-09, 21:17
Clean the memorial and spend some time with some war veterans - then he will feel ashamed of himself for his lack of respect for these men who risked so much and lived through so much. He wont simply be ashamed of being seen cleaning up.

northener
05-Nov-09, 22:44
Very true. And how the warmongers have always utilized this fact. :(

The kid is being made an example of to keep pro-war interests happy.

Funniest thing I've read in ages.

Anyway, back to reality. A good kick up the arse and a spell of tidying up war graves should sort him out. he's a drunken muppet - that's all.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-Nov-09, 22:47
He has already apologised for it.Too many sherberts.Was showing off in front of the burds.

Stavro
05-Nov-09, 23:05
Anyway, back to reality.

Your version of it anyway. Or should it be, perversion? ;)

northener
05-Nov-09, 23:21
Your version of it anyway. Or should it be, perversion? ;)

Aye, right pervy, me.

Anyway:

"And how the warmongers have always utilized this fact. :(

The kid is being made an example of to keep pro-war interests happy"

Go on - I'll bite:roll:.

Why do you say that?

Stavro
05-Nov-09, 23:35
Go on - I'll bite:roll:.

Why do you say that?

Okay, I say it because the old days of the king leading his army into battle have long gone. Politicians do not lead men into battle, they sit in the Palace of Westminster while the men are dying thousands of miles away, then they erect concrete or stone memorials and lay a few flowers at them once a year.

It is disrespectful to treat the memorial as this lad did, but the real crime lies in why the human beings whose names are written on the memorial were sent off to die in the first place. Making an example of the lad serves to obscure the latter crime with the former indignation that the public will feel.

Bazeye
06-Nov-09, 00:12
Blown out of all proportion to divert the average tabloid readers mind away from the mess the country is in.

northener
06-Nov-09, 00:52
Okay, I say it because the old days of the king leading his army into battle have long gone. Politicians do not lead men into battle, they sit in the Palace of Westminster while the men are dying thousands of miles away, then they erect concrete or stone memorials and lay a few flowers at them once a year.

It is disrespectful to treat the memorial as this lad did, but the real crime lies in why the human beings whose names are written on the memorial were sent off to die in the first place. Making an example of the lad serves to obscure the latter crime with the former indignation that the public will feel.

Fair comment Stavro, though I doubt that many will agree with your connection between the two.

I think it would be wrong to tar all wars with the same brush. Certainly the Gulf and Afghan wars are politically and morally divisive in the UK. But I doubt that there would be many who would say that, for example, that WWII was a case of warmongering.

I read the initial report online at the 'Daily Mail' website...what a load of overblown shreiking claptrap that report was....typical Mail fodder.

Like I said, kick his arse and get him tidying up war graves. We've got bigger fish to fry than this media overhype.

Nacho
06-Nov-09, 01:30
is it just me or does the picture look like he's intentionally working his pee from one wreath to the next ?

i don't buy his 'too blootered too know what i was doing' excuse, people in that state normally do it in their pants or the washing machine/laundry basket

seems to me like he's a bladdy bladdered student trying to be controversial.

i'd have him flogged for his crop top and pink pants ... but peeing on a memorial?

he's a pratt for sure, but just one of many pratts out on the lash, unfortunately for him he got caught and photographed , like that other drunk with her (or someone elses) around her ankles last week.

punishment ? i think he's been punished enough already to be honest.

Lolabelle
06-Nov-09, 02:46
is it just me or does the picture look like he's intentionally working his pee from one wreath to the next ?

i don't buy his 'too blootered too know what i was doing' excuse, people in that state normally do it in their pants or the washing machine/laundry basket

seems to me like he's a bladdy bladdered student trying to be controversial.

i'd have him flogged for his crop top and pink pants ... but peeing on a memorial?

he's a pratt for sure, but just one of many pratts out on the lash, unfortunately for him he got caught and photographed , like that other drunk with her (or someone elses) around her ankles last week.

punishment ? i think he's been punished enough already to be honest.

I thought the picture looked like he wasn't the only one who'd pee'd on the memorial.
He got his picture taken doin it!

It's disgusting when any drunk people pee in public. Or any non drunk people!
Only toddlers who are being toilet trained should have the right to quickly do a wee in public, surely the rest of us could tell long enough in advance to try to find somewhere to go legally or at least privately.

Metalattakk
06-Nov-09, 02:53
Only toddlers who are being toilet trained should have the right to quickly do a wee in public

Too right. get that Paula Radcliffe up against a wall forthwith, the dirty mare that she is.

greenasiamcabbagelooking
06-Nov-09, 03:16
the speed and efficiency that Paula has a pee really has to be admired ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6I2-YP42rs

whether it's a war memorial or a deserted lane in Clyth, she should be granted Peedom of the City

no fuss, not even a shake .... awesome

oldmarine
06-Nov-09, 15:50

Being a WW2 Vet I can understand people being upset, but I have to agree with Rheghead on this one.