PDA

View Full Version : Behold the wonders....

Vistravi
04-Nov-09, 22:18
Walking home beside the canal in the pitch black for once i wasn't hating it (usually get almost run down by cyclists with no lights on their bikes or not see dogs and people untill we are on top of each other) the reason? I could see all the stars one in particular shining and the full moon in the cloudless black sky. The first time i have seen the stars in inverness since moving down 8 months ago.

It was a wonderous sight and worth taking the time to enjoy. :)

Am i alone in my love of gasing up at the stars and thinking that the full moon is beautiful?

redeyedtreefrog
04-Nov-09, 22:29
Walking home beside the canal in the pitch black for once i wasn't hating it (usually get almost run down by cyclists with no lights on their bikes or not see dogs and people untill we are on top of each other) the reason? I could see all the stars one in particular shining and the full moon in the cloudless black sky. The first time i have seen the stars in inverness since moving down 8 months ago.

It was a wonderous sight and worth taking the time to enjoy. :)

Am i alone in my love of gasing up at the stars and thinking that the full moon is beautiful?

I love the stars too, its amazing how far away they are, and we're seeing them as they were hundreds of thousands of years ago. Its just wow.

WeeBurd
04-Nov-09, 22:44
You're not alone Vistravi, I'm a complete astronomy nerd... have been since I was a pre-teen, many years ago :lol:

Leanne
04-Nov-09, 22:46
The most amazing thing is that on a really clear night you can actually see the milky way! I have never seen the milky way before because of all the light pollution :(

joxville
05-Nov-09, 06:45
My early shift begins at 5am, though operating restrictions stops us from starting the plant up until 6am, so I sit outside every morning looking at the moon and stars. The problem here is too much light polution to fully enjoy the view. I've had a love of the night sky since I was 4 years old, it never ceases to amaze me, and it's one of the simplest pleasures too.

Vistravi
05-Nov-09, 21:09
The most amazing thing is that on a really clear night you can actually see the milky way! I have never seen the milky way before because of all the light pollution :(

Ooohhh. That thought makes me want to live in the middle of nowhere where there is no pollution at all just to see it. :D

shazzap
05-Nov-09, 21:58
I love the ight sky.When i was a child i used to sit on the kerb before i had to go in and just gaze up at the stars.

Nacho
06-Nov-09, 01:57
were due the Leonids meteor shower sometime soon, some clear nights away from the street lights are on order

get out and see them, get a blanket, get horizontal and get some hot chocolate/red wine and plenty of 'oohs' and 'aahs' .... ;)

Mik.M.
06-Nov-09, 09:58
Thats what I like about living up here.Take the dog for a walk on a clear night see all the stars and no noise at all.