PDA

View Full Version : hash in the attick

Bruce
04-Nov-09, 18:53
did anyone watch this last nite?shoud it be leagal to grow for your own use.this would stop all the dealers getting ritch!!!!!!

thebigman
04-Nov-09, 18:59
What do they want with poor Ritch?

northener
04-Nov-09, 21:03
What do they want with poor Ritch?

Musta been dealing on someone elses turf.:Razz

Anyway, I missed the programme but laughed out loud when I saw the title - brilliant.

joxville
04-Nov-09, 21:19
No, it should not be allowed, how can you really prove it is for your own use. What happens when you have a few deadheads visiting you that have none of their own stuff left, do you refuse them on the grounds it's illegal to supply?

I think this idea should be dropped immediately.

Bruce
04-Nov-09, 22:50
no matter what we mite think.cannabis is here to stay.the police cant stop it.all walks of life smoke it.why should the gangs profit on this.100 millon quid is what scottish people alone every year smoke.thats a hell of a lot of money.to be put in the hands of theese gangs.god nose what they do with it or what they could do with it.if the goverment was growing this would we be in a deep recession?

Jeid
04-Nov-09, 22:58
I think it should be. It's a harmless drug

Moira
04-Nov-09, 23:13
I may well have engaged with the OP on this topic but I guess he paid more attention to watching the grass growing underneath his feet, rather than concentrate on his education.

htwood
04-Nov-09, 23:40
alcohol and cannibis should be same category. Buy it safely and regulated at the licensed shops, or make up a batch at home. Just don't drive after using either one

Kathy@watten
04-Nov-09, 23:59
Well perhaps if the legalisation is to happen it should be a taxable income? All very well making a profit legally and being hammered with tax but for those who glean their income in a more dubious form and profit greatly where do they get penalised? yes i know there is a chance of a spell at HMP nd the removal of ill gotten gains but really the drug dealers/growers/prostitutes/pimps and whatnots have an easy income!
Having seen snippets of the programme last night I just wish i could be dedicated enough to make my houseplants flourish with the same vigour, perhaps it's all in the watering?? once in a blue moon is obviously not enough!

Rheghead
05-Nov-09, 00:09
Just don't drive after using either one

I think if there was a roadside test which the police could use then cannabis may have been legalised long ago.

Jeid
05-Nov-09, 00:36
Rather optimistic rheghead, but I'd like to believe that to be true!

Scorpio12thNov
05-Nov-09, 09:48
alcohol and cannibis should be same category.

Sorry but alcohol is the worst drug of the lot

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/drugs-chief-alcohol-more-dangerous-than-ecstasy-lsd-and-cannabis-14544981.html

I couldn't care less whether I took another dram in my life or not, alcohol has destroyed millions of lifes. There were 8,724 alcohol-related deaths in 2007, lower than 2006, but more than double the 4,144 recorded in 1991. The alcohol-related death rate was 13.3 per 100,000 population in 2007, compared with 6.9 per 100,000 population in

Now tell me, how many people have died with the use of dope???

Zilch

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_anyone_that_has_died_from_smoking_cannabi s

So if folk are aloud to make up thier own home brew ale, why can't folk grow thier own weed? I think it's shocking that dope is illegal. A natural product given to us from the earth & the "Government" say we aren't allowed to use it:confused

_Ju_
05-Nov-09, 12:32
I think it should be. It's a harmless drug

It might be many things, but harmless it is not.

Now tell me, how many people have died with the use of dope???

Zilch

Not true.

Bazeye
06-Nov-09, 00:22
What happens when you have a few deadheads visiting you that have none of their own stuff left,

What makes you think only deadheads smoke it Jox?

Jeid
06-Nov-09, 01:01
Everyone has their own opinions.

_Ju_
06-Nov-09, 08:18
Jeid, there is opinion. It can be your opinion that marajuana is nice. It might be your opinion that it does YOU no harm. It might be your opinion that it should be legalised.
Then there is medical scientific fact. It causes 7 times greater physiological harm than a cigarette to those who use it, aside from its mental effects and toxicity.

Thumper
06-Nov-09, 08:56
I think it should be. It's a harmless drug Sorry Jeid but it is NOT harmless,I know first hand the effects it can have on someone,not me personally but a relative is now seriously mentaly ill and was fine before they used cannabis,so IMO it is not harmless at all but can for some be very harmful!x

loganbiffy
06-Nov-09, 10:21
I'll throw in my two-pence.
I believe it does do harm, both mentally and physically.
People say it is not addictive, i beg to differ.
After years of seeing people who are "dying for a smoke", well how is that not addictive?
I don't really have a stance on whether or not it should be legalised, it doesn't really put me up or down.

Again, everyone has their own opinion and this is mine.

Scorpio12thNov
06-Nov-09, 13:48
Obviously opinions will vary on this subject...

In the last 100 years of recorded medical history exactly 0 deaths have been caused by smoking marijuana. It can be tolerated 1000mg/kg. in other words, a 70 kg (154 lbs) person would have to consume 70g (2.5 oz). that would be consuming THC, the chemical that gets you high, not the actual bud. That amount is 5000 times more than needed to get high. So it is mathematically and physically nearly impossible to overdosed, much less die, from smoking cannabis.

The British Government's Chief Drug Adviser comes out & says that Alcohol & Cigarettes are more dangerous than Ecstasy, LSD & Hash. I'm not here to talk about Ecstasy & LSD, however I agree with him 100% regarding Alcohol & Cigarettes being more dangerous than Cannabis.

I say to y'all til chill oot wi a bieg reefer:lol:

joxville
06-Nov-09, 15:26
What makes you think only deadheads smoke it Jox?
I don't care who they are or their standing in life, if they have to use a drug for 'recreational purposes' rather than medicinal, then to me they are a deadhead.

loganbiffy
06-Nov-09, 15:37

In the last 100 years of recorded medical history exactly 0 deaths have been caused by smoking marijuana. It can be tolerated 1000mg/kg. in other words, a 70 kg (154 lbs) person would have to consume 70g (2.5 oz). that would be consuming THC, the chemical that gets you high, not the actual bud. That amount is 5000 times more than needed to get high. So it is mathematically and physically nearly impossible to overdosed, much less die, from smoking cannabis.

The British Government's Chief Drug Adviser comes out & says that Alcohol & Cigarettes are more dangerous than Ecstasy, LSD & Hash. I'm not here to talk about Ecstasy & LSD, however I agree with him 100% regarding Alcohol & Cigarettes being more dangerous than Cannabis.

Nobody has died from smoking cannabis, i agree. However, people have most likely died from the crap it gets mixed with. And let's be honest here, any type of smoke inhallation is going to be bad for your body.

As for the overdose, you can have an overdose, obviously not a fatal one but I believe it is called a "whitey" haha.

Gleber2
06-Nov-09, 15:54
I don't care who they are or their standing in life, if they have to use a drug for 'recreational purposes' rather than medicinal, then to me they are a deadhead.
Do you drink alcohol, tea or coffee? Do you smoke tobacco? If you answer yes to any of these questions then you are using a drug for recreation and not medicine.
BTW, a Deadhead is a follower of the Grateful Dead.

_Ju_
06-Nov-09, 16:25

Maybe this will work:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/content_objectid=13836296_method=full_siteid=50082 _headline=-Cannabis-poisoning-kills-Welsh-addict-name_page.html

Scorpio12thNov
06-Nov-09, 16:29
Hey _Ju_

Can't seem to get into the link you posted:confused

Gleber2
06-Nov-09, 17:20
One death and that was not conclusive. A good record for cannabis, don't you think.
It perhaps can be said that cannabis can cause mental problems in a very small percentage of regular users. This percentage is extremely small when compared to the effect of alcohol and tobacco over a long period. One wonders how many men and women will have severe liver, kidney, and heart problems in the future because of our present attitude to strong drink and how many will be alcoholic. When you compare the 500 plus people who have died from illegal drugs in Scotland last year against the number who have died from alcohol and tobacco and their related problems, I think you will find that all illegal drugs cause less problems than any of your legal drugs. 500 deaths from illegal drugs and thousands from legal ones.

_Ju_
06-Nov-09, 17:48
The point is that categorically and more than once it was stated that it was impossible to die as a direct cause of canabis poisoning. It is not impossible and is, infact, likely to become more frequent as the plants are being selected for stronger concentrations of the active principle. So it was one death (as far as is known), but I did not stand on the pulpit bleating the impossibility of that death.
Now how about the physical effects (7 times worse than tabacco) and the psycological effects that lead, indirectly, to death? What about the effect it has on families, children, when their mum/dad spends their life spaced out at the cost of their children? Oh yeah... coffee, tabacco, drink argument. I really don't care what potheads do with their time and money, but don't any of you dare to say it is a harmless drug, because it is NOT one. Just like Alcohol is not harmless nor smoking.

lister
06-Nov-09, 18:19

You need to live in this century maaaaaaan!
Drugs,drugs,drugs is all you see,its the blinkered people like you that make all the millions on users worldwide laugh at you with your outmoded opinions and severe lack of 1st hand knowledge.

Do us a favour,dont post if ye dont know....
Pathetic, and you're the dead "no idea" head . [lol]

butterfly
06-Nov-09, 18:54

Aye,and the moon is made o cheese........;)

Gleber2
06-Nov-09, 18:59
Aye,and the moon is made o cheese........;)
No, it's made of soap bar!!!!!

butterfly
06-Nov-09, 19:20
No, it's made of soap bar!!!!!

Is that why they put a man on the moon........:lol:
;)

trix
06-Nov-09, 19:23
Is that why they put a man on the moon........:lol:
;)

if they can put one man on 'e moon....how can they no put them all ayre?? [lol]

joxville
06-Nov-09, 19:26
You need to live in this century maaaaaaan!
Drugs,drugs,drugs is all you see,its the blinkered people like you that make all the millions on users worldwide laugh at you with your outmoded opinions and severe lack of 1st hand knowledge.

Do us a favour,dont post if ye dont know....
Pathetic, and you're the dead "no idea" head . [lol]
Actually I do have first hand knowledge. Drugs weren't the answer to my problems.

lister
06-Nov-09, 19:32

Very much agree there Scorpio and also to this thread the governments sacking of their drugs advisor Proff Nutt when he and his team of scientists were following exact scientific procedures to gain true knowledge on the drugs in question,he mearly applied his expertise and came up with his and his teams findings and the "men in black" chose to get rid of an employee of the government for a true and proper answer to "DRUGS"..they didn't like the answer,why?,whats behind all the red tape and hyperbole?.whats the governments real agenda ?

Scorpio12thNov
06-Nov-09, 19:32
Hey Ju,

Read the link you posted & tbh I don't believe it. I don't believe anyone has died through smoking or eating dope, & as Gleber2 says, Cannabis has a good record compared to other harmful killers, such as cigarettes & alcohol.
& even if it is harmful to ones health, who cares? I mean take this example. Here we are on a Friday night, how many millions across the world will be going out to the pub tonight, get blazing, & smoke a chimney of fags? I bet the figure will be millions upon millions. Not healthy all that drink & tobacco! Plus the ammount of trouble that starts with drunk people in pubs. I'd sit with a spaced out stoner any day of the week than a bevved up numpty that stinks of fags.

Now I'm going to stick that in my pipe & smoke it!;)

ChuckBuscuits
06-Nov-09, 23:09
some like it,some don't.each to their own.
but i ain't ever seen a stoner glass someone for spilling their pint!
or getting run over because they can't walk straight while "under the influence"! [lol]

Bazeye
06-Nov-09, 23:53
Bin smoking it since 1977. Nowt wrong with me wibble wibble.

Bruce
07-Nov-09, 00:27
come on vikki you dont mean that