PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry into decision on Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

Mr P Cannop
03-Nov-09, 22:49
what does everyone else think about this ??

Fran
04-Nov-09, 02:03
I thought he was dead

Serenity
04-Nov-09, 05:16
I thought he was dead

Not as far as I'm aware!

As to the original question, do you mean an inquiry into the decision to release him or an inquiry into his conviction?
I definitely think there should be an inquiry/further appeal on the conviction as it seems full of holes.
As I first and foremost don't think the guy did it and secondly don't believe in an "eye for an eye" I think the decision to release him was correct. Maybe there should be an inquiry into the politician's reasons for releasing him though. Bet they were very different :roll:

Mr P Cannop
04-Nov-09, 12:21
everything

upolian
04-Nov-09, 12:29
who is this?

Gizmo
04-Nov-09, 13:22
who is this?

Fred Bassets Libyan uncle...i think :eek:

Tubthumper
04-Nov-09, 14:01
Is he not the son of Mick Megrahy, the Scottish Miner's leader during the 1984 strike?

Mr P Cannop
04-Nov-09, 14:41
does anyone know where i can get this report/s ??

Tom Cornwall
04-Nov-09, 15:34
I thought he was dead

we were lead to believe that the, (or his), medical experts said he only had 3 months to live...so they let him go on compassionate grounds....the 3 months must be pretty near up, so he must be panicking now..or maybe, celebrating, about how they fooled the Scottish Office into letting him go..but...maybe if he doesn't die within the 3 months he'll hold his hands up and come back...did you see that pink pig just passing the window

Kodiak
04-Nov-09, 17:14
It was reported on the MFR News last week that he was dead. That was the only place I heard this but it was definately him and they said he had died in Hospital.

Gizmo
04-Nov-09, 17:31
It was reported on the MFR News last week that he was dead. That was the only place I heard this but it was definately him and they said he had died in Hospital.

Those reports were dismissed by his lawyers.

Fran
04-Nov-09, 17:36

I read in the pAPER ON 21ST October that he had died.