PDA

View Full Version : Ever lost onything then foon it 3 months later

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-Nov-09, 20:08
Lost this wee key thats used for bleeding the radiators in oor hoose.Thought it was lost for good.Until,this afternoon sat doon for a cup of coffee and a fag,when something jagged into ma bum(missed ma piles):lol:There it was in ma back pocket of a pair of jeans I hadnae wore for 3 months.Wit a fool.But wit a relief.:)Has this happened to any of you?

Flashman
03-Nov-09, 20:11
I thought you said you were leaving? ;)

northener
03-Nov-09, 20:13
I've just remembered this week that the reason I cannot find my favourite leather belt and a pair of jeans is that I left them in my room in a pub/hotel called the TollGate in Gloucesterhire a couple of months ago.......derrrr....

Cedric Farthsbottom III
03-Nov-09, 20:19
I thought you said you were leaving? ;)

:lol:Check the thread,ma first post.Never mentioned the org,posts,threads,orgers.Mentioned ma piles for the time I sit on ma erse looking at the org.It was meant in humour,most folk got it,some were worried(my sincere apologies).So Mr Flashman,have ye ever lost anything?LOL

joxville
03-Nov-09, 20:20
I've lost my senses............still looking for them yet. :eek:

Flashman
03-Nov-09, 20:30
:lol:Check the thread,ma first post.Never mentioned the org,posts,threads,orgers.Mentioned ma piles for the time I sit on ma erse looking at the org.It was meant in humour,most folk got it,some were worried(my sincere apologies).So Mr Flashman,have ye ever lost anything?LOL

Haha, Just my wits on one or two occasions!

I was a bit worried too though, glad your here to stay with or without piles! :)

George Brims
03-Nov-09, 22:22
I once thought I had lost my wedding ring. It turned up in the pocket of my dressing gown a couple of weeks later. Bit of a relief seeing as it was the second one. The first never turned up.

Leanne
03-Nov-09, 22:29
Need to find my engagement ring still :(

Kevin Milkins
03-Nov-09, 22:33
I must admit, the older I get, the more I seem to loose things (or misplace them).:~(

I do enjoy that warm glow that comes over me when I find something that I thought I had lost and never to be seen again, and as a coincidence, I lost by radiator bleed key and found it just recently.:Razz

Invisible
03-Nov-09, 22:38
I lost my beloved U2-18Singles CD, only to find that it was in another cd case (don't know how it got mixed in with the Scrubs soundtrack)

mums angels
03-Nov-09, 22:49
around three months ago my husband lost a bag in transit somewhere between Africa and here , unfortunatly it had my sons Ipod in it and after 3 months waiting for the bag to be located with no luck we bought our son the new ipod for his birthday that was on Sunday .. and the bag turned up on doorstep this afternoon , ipod and all , i wasnt sure wether to laugh or cry !!

NLP
03-Nov-09, 23:42
Lost my daughters nursery polo shirt, was missing for about 6 weeks found it in with her pyjamas.

George Brims
04-Nov-09, 01:44
around three months ago my husband lost a bag in transit somewhere between Africa and here , unfortunatly it had my sons Ipod in it and after 3 months waiting for the bag to be located with no luck we bought our son the new ipod for his birthday that was on Sunday .. and the bag turned up on doorstep this afternoon , ipod and all , i wasnt sure wether to laugh or cry !!
Don't worry, having a spare iPod is a good idea. Those things break a lot.

Serenity
04-Nov-09, 05:27
I must admit, the older I get, the more I seem to loose things .:Razz

Maybe you should keep better hold of them then you wouldn't be losing them so much :p

Serenity
04-Nov-09, 05:30
To answer your original question, no.
I lose things all the time.. never to be found again. Really need to spend some time sorting my stuff out. The best way to describe my filing system: non existent; my cupboards etc: midden.
On my to do list.

Bazeye
04-Nov-09, 14:54
Not strictly on thread but I was out once with my wife, my brother and his wife in a pub. As I was getting the round in I noticed a wad of notes on the floor so bent down to pick them up. When I took the drinks over to the table they were sat at I found out it was my money. Must have fallen out of my pocket when I was paying for the drinks. I didnt know wether to laugh or cry.

_Ju_
04-Nov-09, 15:08
I lost my glasses once, during a histology exam, when I had to take them off to look through a microscope. This was some time in February. i did go back to look for them but they had disappeared. At least I passed the exam, I thought. I found them at the begining of the next winter, in the pocket of the cardigan I had bee wearing that day because it was cold. I never did like that cardi too much.;)

Mother Bear
04-Nov-09, 16:03
Another sad story! I lost my car keys...hunted high and low......got a quote for nearly £100 to get a new one 'cut and programmed' . I did have a spare one but if I lost that one I would be in real trouble. Admitted I couldn't really afford to get a new one done.......strangely they then bought the price down...so I agreed to get one. Collected it one week.....[and the final price was even lower than their 2nd quote...don't ask!]...and then ..a week later?...I FOUND the original key! But of course absolutely no good to me now as they have programmed the new one, and the spare one I had. You live and learn...sometimes the hard way!

suth13
08-Nov-09, 00:10
lost the house key two years ago, one of my work mates found it three weeks ago in his van.

Vistravi
08-Nov-09, 00:32
Lost my daughters nursery polo shirt, was missing for about 6 weeks found it in with her pyjamas.

[lol]

Who put it there? :lol:

Vistravi
08-Nov-09, 00:44
My partner has lost his house key.... i'm sure it will turn up after we get a copy of mine made :lol: A spare is always good!