PDA

View Full Version : The Big Rot

bingo1
14-Apr-06, 18:33
[mad] Aint it a shame that there are no dentists on the nhs anymore. Single mothers/fathers and people on low income what are they supposed to do? I know that they can get the insurance plan that covers 2 check ups per year i think three hygiene appointments and as many emergency appointments as you need. But you still have to pay for the treatment and the dentists are not cheap. There are people out there who just cannot afford it so therefore get no dental treatment at all. Its such a shame in this day and age. I think things are going backwards in time. They want to downgrade the maternity ward at caithness general, no nhs dentists, dunbar downgraded!! What ever will be next? Oh please dont answer that i really dont want to know.

unicorn
14-Apr-06, 18:38
I'm hoping to get my dental treatment in Turkey in a few weeks. £360 for hubby and me a year just to be on the dentists books here a year is ridiculous!

bingo1
14-Apr-06, 18:42
Is it much cheaper to get it done in turkey?

unicorn
14-Apr-06, 18:43
I have a friend there who had 2 teeth removed and felt nothing dentist was clean and hygenic and it cost £16

bingo1
14-Apr-06, 18:51
Thats good! Wish it was like that here. No such luck eh. Hope everything goes well.

ice box
14-Apr-06, 18:56
£12 for the dentist to tell me there going to take it out what has the world come too thank god for the minimum wage lol:(

unicorn
14-Apr-06, 19:04
Well I am certainly planning it so I will let you know how it goes :)

connieb19
14-Apr-06, 19:07
£12 for the dentist to tell me there going to take it out what has the world come too thank god for the minimum wage lol:(Whats the minimum wage got to do with it icebox?:confused:

Billy Boy
14-Apr-06, 19:24
what's next? could we be paying to be kept on the doctors list.the way the national service is going? anything's possible[evil]

footie chick
14-Apr-06, 19:33
I'm hoping to get my dental treatment in Turkey in a few weeks. £360 for hubby and me a year just to be on the dentists books here a year is ridiculous!

Wish I known it was so cheap in Turkey would have gone to the dentist when I was out there. Good excuse for another holiday:lol: finally got kids seen to locally on the NHS only waited a year and a half

obiron
14-Apr-06, 19:36
thats a long wait.

footie chick
14-Apr-06, 19:39
At least they're getting seen now lot o people still waiting. keep phoning nhs helpline was the only way they got seen or if you say ur worried about their teeth!!

unicorn
14-Apr-06, 19:43
I know I need new fillings cos some of mine are 20 years old! So it seems as good a time as any to get it done.

mostlyharmless
14-Apr-06, 20:18
Its a cunning plan to reduce obesity, no teeth no food..simple!

bingo1
14-Apr-06, 21:35
Well I am certainly planning it so I will let you know how it goes :) yea ok then.:grin: