PDA

View Full Version : Clan Sinclair Charitable Trust is under Investigation.

Rheghead
01-Nov-09, 21:51
I've just read a copy of a letter stating that the Clan Sinclair Charitable Trust is now under investigation from the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator for alleged financial irregularities by the trustees that aren't in the interests of the charity. From what I've been told to the tune of a 6 figure sum unaccounted for from charity funds.

I'm deeply saddened by this development. :~( [evil]

Whitewater
01-Nov-09, 22:20
I was not aware of this. The outcome could be very interesting, thank you for that rhegers.

Fran
02-Nov-09, 00:54
Are you sure this was not in a letter sent to everyone by a Mr.Campbell!!!!

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 01:25
Are you sure this was not in a letter sent to everyone by a Mr.Campbell!!!!

No this is a letter from the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator to the solicitor of the complainant who donated nearly half a million quid to the Clan Sinclair Trust informing them that they are taking allegations very seriously and are investigating the matter.

catran
02-Nov-09, 09:14
No this is a letter from the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator to the solicitor of the complainant who donated nearly half a million quid to the Clan Sinclair Trust informing them that they are taking allegations very seriously and are investigating the matter.

Is their headquarters at Noss Head Lighthouse?Or is that just a library type of thing?

sids
02-Nov-09, 09:41
It's ok: they've got a guarantor

http://www.castlesinclairgirnigoe.org/patron.html

davie
02-Nov-09, 13:01
Like yourself Rheghead I am also "deeply saddened by this develpment".

New Liebour smear tactics have reached a new low with this one, Alistair Campbell and Damien McBride have nothing on our local 'spin doctor' (thats political speak for a stranger to the the truth if anyone wonders).
Amazingly neither the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Clan Sinclair Trust's Accountants are aware of this "scandal".
Neither is anyone locally or on God's earth aware of "nearly half a million pound donations" or "six figure sums being unaccounted for".
Obviously your political agenda works on the basis that if we throw enough muck some of it will stick - that is called despicable or worse in any civilised arena.

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 13:03
Like yourself Rheghead I am also "deeply saddened by this develpment".

New Liebour smear tactics have reached a new low with this one, Alistair Campbell and Damien McBride have nothing on our local 'spin doctor' (thats political speak for a stranger to the the truth if anyone wonders).
Amazingly neither the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Clan Sinclair Trust's Accountants are aware of this "scandal".
Neither is anyone locally or on God's earth aware of "nearly half a million pound donations" or "six figure sums being unaccounted for".
Obviously your political agenda works on the basis that if we throw enough muck some of it will stick - that is called despicable or worse in any civilised arena.

You're phishing and it has nothing to do with Labour Party and why would it? The trustees are aware of recent developments. This investigation has come about from a genuine complaint about a substantial donation to the Clan Sinclair Trust. Play it down if you will but the bomb is ticking. Wanna see the letter? :confused

changilass
02-Nov-09, 13:07
Yus please can you scan and paste it here please. Might as well all have a look see.

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 13:10
Yus please can you scan and paste it here please. Might as well all have a look see.

No can do, that would be low, am happy to show it to you personally though, I'm not in the business of rubbing noses in the dirt, sorry.

You should all be aware by now that I wouldn't do something if it wasn't true.

davie
02-Nov-09, 13:22
Come on Rheg, as of 1130 this morning NOBODY within the organisations I quoted is aware of this "scandal".

"You should all be aware by now that I wouldn't do something if it wasn't true" - I have heard that one before somewhere !.

Posting a copy of the 'letter' would not be half as 'low' as raising this thread in the first place, or have you realised that posting something of that nature, with letterhead and signature of course, could have repercussions outwith the world of Caithness.org.

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 13:25
Stop phishing! This is a serious matter.[disgust]

davie
02-Nov-09, 13:37
"Phishing" is certainly a serious matter - according to Wiki :

"In the field of computer security, PHISHING is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication."

Now I am not interested in any of the above but only some evidence which you offered (wanna see the letter) in support of your scurrilous post.

Flashman
02-Nov-09, 14:33
"Phishing" is certainly a serious matter - according to Wiki :

"In the field of computer security, PHISHING is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication."

Now I am not interested in any of the above but only some evidence which you offered (wanna see the letter) in support of your scurrilous post.

Davie can you update me on what political advantage the poster is trying to gain from his claim, im not so clued up at the moment of the goings on on the ORG....Cheers :)

changilass
02-Nov-09, 14:48
I can now confirm that I have seen the letter and it is as described by Rheggers.

davie
02-Nov-09, 14:56
That was quick - you went to Reay and back to Castletown to see a 'letter'.

Can you confirm the amounts specificied in the original post - 'nearly half a million pounds' was that £499,999.99p or what ?.

The 6 figure sum, is that £100,00, or £999,000 ?

changilass
02-Nov-09, 15:02
Re-read the opening post, it says 'from what I have been told' it doesn't say that the figures are in the letter.

No I didn't drive through to Reay, the OP was on his way out and called in to show me the letter in his passing.

davie
02-Nov-09, 15:14
So the amounts quoted are in fact hearsay ?

I do not doubt for a minute that you did see a 'document' of some sort but I have every reason to believe that it did not come from the quoted source (they have no record of any letter on this subject).

The o.p. has been building up to this point ever since his original post regarding a prominent member of the Sinclair family. For a man who is 'not interested in politics' but is 'emailed speeches from Parliament' he is either well aware of what appears to be New Liebour policy on smears or someone is using him to get their gutter politics across to the .org

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 15:25
Your paranoia has reached new heights. :)

The 6 figure sum, is that £100,00,

For someone who claims to know more than me about this case you don't even know a 6 figure sum when you see one.

Why the sudden interest? Tory toff or just a mate of the Sinclairs?

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 15:35
Davie can you update me on what political advantage the poster is trying to gain from his claim, im not so clued up at the moment of the goings on on the ORG....Cheers :)

There is no political advantage, I'm no politician, I'm just posting something of local interest on the Caithness community website, what is more motivating than that? :confused

I thought everyone would like to know that the Clan Sinclair Trust is under investigation by OSCR for alleged irregular financial matters. That is fact.

If I find out the outcome (it may take weeks/months) then I'll be happy to let everyone know about it then except I think there may be bigger pikes than me who will take up the story.

Anyway Davie, you still haven't told me why this story is of political importance?

Metalattakk
02-Nov-09, 15:42
I thought everyone would like to know that the Clan Sinclair Trust is under investigation by OSCR for alleged irregular financial matters. That is fact.

And from whom, pray tell, did you receive this 'copy of a letter' and under what circumstances are you authorised to broadcast its contents?

Rheghead
02-Nov-09, 15:46
And from whom, pray tell, did you receive this 'copy of a letter' and under what circumstances are you authorised to broadcast its contents?

The original complainant is happy since the matter is now in the public domain and the Trust know of its existence.

Really, would OSCR discuss an individual case with a member of the public who phoned their office up on the offchance for a nosey and/or the Trust admitting they are under investigation? think about it.

I am not saying anymore on the matter until I hear of another development.

davie
02-Nov-09, 15:52
There is no political advantage, I'm no politician,
I think there may be bigger pikes than me who will take up the story.

I would imagine a certain Mr M cK y of your aquaintance would be very interested.

As I said before, proven methodology of the outgoing Government, sling enough mud and hope some sticks.

Metalattakk
02-Nov-09, 15:52
The original complainant is happy since the matter is now in the public domain and the Trust know of its existence.

I am not saying anymore on the matter.

Fair enough.

I'd be happier to discuss this with the Organ Grinder rather than his newly-acquired monkey anyway, if it's all the same to you. ;)

Flashman
02-Nov-09, 17:18
So the amounts quoted are in fact hearsay ?

I do not doubt for a minute that you did see a 'document' of some sort but I have every reason to believe that it did not come from the quoted source (they have no record of any letter on this subject).

The o.p. has been building up to this point ever since his original post regarding a prominent member of the Sinclair family. For a man who is 'not interested in politics' but is 'emailed speeches from Parliament' he is either well aware of what appears to be New Liebour policy on smears or someone is using him to get their gutter politics across to the .org

So the O.P is a New Labour fanatic and his post is an indirect smear on our current standing M.P?

I see :D

Fran
03-Nov-09, 01:28
I'm sure John Thurso will be very interested to read all this.

Dog-eared
03-Nov-09, 13:31
As the old Caithness saying goes - " The only difference between a Sinclair and a tinkler is a bar of soap "

Apologies to Tinklers. :D