PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Clothes

AfternoonDelight
01-Nov-09, 17:17
I've recently had cause to look for some maternity clothes in Wick...so I went to Ethel Austin, M&Co, Jaques Vert, New Look and Tesco - all to no avail.

Whilst I realise that a maternity shop would probably not have enough custom to sustain it, I would've thought one of the chain stores would have a small selection.

Now I am forced to either go to Inverness or shop on the internet, neither of which is ideal given sizing and time constraints.

Have I discovered a niche in the market, a blatant disregard by companies to pregnant women in the far north or is there some little shop hiding away somewhere in Caithness that I am yet to come across? :confused

twiglet
01-Nov-09, 17:29
Not found one yet. A friend of mine is also pregnant and while in London I went to Mothercare to have a look for her. The choice was really disappointing and definately geared towards the smaller mum rather than the average size 14/16 and up.

Dadie
01-Nov-09, 21:12
Its catalogues or nothing .... even if you go to Inverness the shops you expect to have maternity clothes in the shop eg. next dont you have to order from the catalogue!

H and M are good if you can see something you like in your size!

Mothercare is hit or miss .... usually order online!