PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Arts Piece on Bringing Bands to Caithness

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Nov-09, 02:37
A few weel-kent pugs in here. Cheers lads :)

http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/november-2009-interview-ryan-cook--darren-macleod.htm

guitarzan
01-Nov-09, 15:10
Nice wee article there - good read.

Good luck for when you get in touch with Foo Fighters about that half hour slot in Skins theboss ;)

Moira
01-Nov-09, 22:48
That's no' a bad bit of reporting Pepsi. Well done.

Just a wee bit of constructive critisism however, you got Darren's surname wrong at one stage. If you need a proof-reader give me a shout. :D

The Pepsi Challenge
02-Nov-09, 13:21
Not my fault, am afraid.

In the interview piece, I listed both Darren and Ryan's names as DM and RC; it was the decision of whomever subbed the piece to list their full names behind their answers. Therefore it's their mistake; not mine.

If it upsets you that much, feel free to send Hi-Arts an email describing your complaint. Perhaps they'll give you a job.

tremner
02-Nov-09, 20:45
A few more known bands that have appeared in Caithness back in the 60's and 70's in the Assembly Rooms are The Troggs,Love Affair,Easybeats,The Casuals [At number one in the charts with Can't let maggie go]when they appeared,and the Mindbenders with Eric Stewart who later was part off 10cc.

tremner
03-Nov-09, 10:07
Memories from the 60's can be vague.The Casuals hit was actually Jesamine released in 1968.Lene Lovich and Mickey Jupp also played in Wick in 1978 [i think] as part of the Stiff Records train tour.There are more i'm sure.

Dog-eared
21-Nov-09, 16:47
Lulu and the Lovers, The Quarrymen (Beatles ),