PDA

View Full Version : Change of Attitude

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 01:29
I have just watched Friday night with Jonathan Ross that I recorded and I have to admit that given a fair hearing even I can have a change of attitude towards a person.

Boy George was one of the guests on the show and although I enjoyed some of the Culture Club music, I never liked the guy and always regarded him as a slimy git, (and I am not homophobic).

He was very open about his problems with drugs and his sexual orientation that led to his recent incarceration, but I was more surprised by how articulate, witty, and together he was.

Although I am not going to rush out and buy his new single any time soon, I would say "fair play to him for changing my attitude".

Anne x
31-Oct-09, 01:33
were you watching tonights show ? as that is not the show I have just watched I saw Dara O Brien etc tonight

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 01:40
were you watching tonights show ? as that is not the show I have just watched I saw Dara O Brien etc tonight

No, I think it may have been last weeks show, (I record the series and knock them off when I get a chance).
I am due to watch tonight's show at lunchtime next Friday.:lol:

Nacho
31-Oct-09, 01:56
Although I am not going to rush out and buy his new single any time soon, I would say "fair play to him for changing my attitude".

hopefully the rent boy that he shackled to a wall in his sex dungeon and beat with a chain can get a slot on the b-side .... :confused

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 02:11
hopefully the rent boy that he shackled to a wall in his sex dungeon and beat with a chain can get a slot on the b-side .... :confused

I have to admit that I am not fully aware of what the entire circumstances of his crime that led to him being in prison, but I sort of got the impression he was looking to take his life in a different direction and I would find it hard to believe that a rent boy would be entirely without blame.

Sapphire2803
31-Oct-09, 02:27
I would find it hard to believe that a rent boy would be entirely without blame.

Why on earth would you think that?

Nacho
31-Oct-09, 02:59
I would find it hard to believe that a rent boy would be entirely without blame.

Why on earth would you think that?

because Kevin thinks that the rent boy is acceptable as collateral damage for an articulate gay man's fancy.

much the same as an imported eastern european sex slave, the impoverished cocaine farmers in south america or a prostitute making a living in Aberdeen.

are they all without blame Kevin ? do they all deserve whats coming to them ?

do with them what you will, the BBC will still embrace you as long as you are witty and articulate

next week's guest is Gary Glitter

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 08:57
Crikey, it's getting more like a den of vipers by the day and I can see why so many are calling it a day, and leaving the org.:eek:

My original post had nothing with or no bearing on what the crime was, or what it was about, just a simple post about, I never liked Boy George or what he was about and I always considered him to be a stroppy cross between Grace Jones and Sir Elton.

I saw him give an interview on Friday night with Johnathan Ross, that changed my perception of him and he has got more about him than I first thought.

If I climbed a tree as a youngster and fell, my mother would clip me around the ear and say "it was your own fault for climbing trees", if I bumped my car as a teenager my dad would tell me off for not driving carefully. My comment about the rent boy was in that vain and not an excuse for whatever crime Boy George committed.

I just don't know why some folk go out of there way to look for problems where there ain't any.

Nacho
31-Oct-09, 14:55
apologies Kevin,

i obviously misinterpreted your post and went off on one.

please don't leave :(

Kevin Milkins
31-Oct-09, 19:22
apologies Kevin,

i obviously misinterpreted your post and went off on one.

please don't leave :(

Apologies accepted. We can all have a bad day.:(

redeyedtreefrog
31-Oct-09, 20:13
I watched this one on iPlayer last night, how good was Tim Minchin's song?

lybsterlad
28-Jul-10, 21:58
Crikey, it's getting more like a den of vipers by the day and I can see why so many are calling it a day, and leaving the org.:eek:

My original post had nothing with or no bearing on what the crime was, or what it was about, just a simple post about, I never liked Boy George or what he was about and I always considered him to be a stroppy cross between Grace Jones and Sir Elton.

I saw him give an interview on Friday night with Johnathan Ross, that changed my perception of him and he has got more about him than I first thought.

If I climbed a tree as a youngster and fell, my mother would clip me around the ear and say "it was your own fault for climbing trees", if I bumped my car as a teenager my dad would tell me off for not driving carefully. My comment about the rent boy was in that vain and not an excuse for whatever crime Boy George committed.

I just don't know why some folk go out of there way to look for problems where there ain't any.
totally agree and some more than others