PDA

View Full Version : Emmerdale

goldenguernsey
14-Apr-06, 01:49
Did anyone notice at the end of Emmerdale tonight when the Doctor slapped Steph she lost an earring? The next clip we saw she had both earrings intact, perfectly in place? This was when they were disposing of the body of Stephs brother, surely if we can spot something as obvious as this the TV people must surely know about it? Have any of you fellow orgers seen this episode?
If not I think it's repeated at the weekend.

ice box
14-Apr-06, 01:56
I have notice that lately with tv soaps they a slipping up .

sjwahwah
14-Apr-06, 02:09
I know! How mental is that, ay? btw.. did you also notice how the met police just shot that innocent de Menezes guy on the tube just after the 7/7 bombings.. and then they lied about it on national telly and then they got away with it? no reprimand .. no apology.. no proper enquiry.. nothing. They definately are slipping, the media, they are![para]

goldenguernsey
14-Apr-06, 02:52
I think it's a case of we only get to see what they want us to see!

Chobbersjnr
14-Apr-06, 02:56
I know! How mental is that, ay? btw.. did you also notice how the met police just shot that innocent de Menezes guy on the tube just after the 7/7 bombings.. and then they lied about it on national telly and then they got away with it? no reprimand .. no apology.. no proper enquiry.. nothing. They definately are slipping, the media, they are![para]

BOOM take that:)

Loafer
14-Apr-06, 08:03
Did anyone notice at the end of Emmerdale tonight when the Doctor slapped Steph she lost an earring? The next clip we saw she had both earrings intact, perfectly in place? This was when they were disposing of the body of Stephs brother, surely if we can spot something as obvious as this the TV people must surely know about it? Have any of you fellow orgers seen this episode?
If not I think it's repeated at the weekend.

Well jings, crivens help ma boab. The storyline musta been rivitting if you picked up on that one!!!!!

The Loafer

fred
14-Apr-06, 11:29
I have notice that lately with tv soaps they a slipping up .

The purpose of soaps always was to create reality not depict it, that is why they are called soaps.

They originated in America with a company called Proctor and Gambel, they had had some success increasing their soap sales by bribing Holywood script writers, the hero and heroin after a horific car chase during which the mafia, FBI and local police threw everything they had at them they would get away, rent a room at a motel and the first thing the heroin says is "I"m going to take a bath". Then when television came along they saw their chance, they sponsored programs about ordinary everyday people. The Normal family would get up early, mother would be in the kitchen cooking breakfast, in her bath robe, while Mr Normal would be waiting for Miss Normal to finish taking a bath so he could take a bath. Mr Normal would go off to work and the kids to school and Mrs Normal would ring a neighbour, who had just got out of the bath, no one ever answered a telephone unless they had just got out of a bath. When Mr Normal gets home from work he says "Hi honey I'm home, I'm going to take a bath" and later one of the sons sweethearts calls round and says "can I use your bath?". The day ends with Mr Normal lying in bed waiting for Mrs Normal, who is taking a bath.

Normal everyday Americans who had been brought up to take a bath once a week started wondering if they really were normal, I mean it isn't something which crops up in conversation so often and all the normal people on TV seemed to take at least three baths a day. So one by one people started taking a bath every day and before long that had become normal and the soap companies were selling seven times as much soap as they used to and making seven times as much money.

The American programs were shown on British TV too, by the 1970s there were hose pipe bans and stand pipes in the streets of Northern England.

candyfloss
14-Apr-06, 11:48
I love emmerdale, its my favorite soap[smirk]
I was too rivitted last night to notice if Steph had her earrings in or not