PDA

View Full Version : happy easter

abalone
14-Apr-06, 00:12
Happy Easter everyone.Did anyone watch the Gospel of Judas on National Geograghic? Unfortunately I can't get it so I've had to be satisfied with snippets in the press and on television.I've always felt sorry for Judas,he was obviously the chosen one to be the betrayer,Christianity wouldn't have got a foot hold without him.I can feel a moral coming up,is there one?

gleeber
14-Apr-06, 00:18
I can feel a moral coming up,is there one?
Dinna shove yer granny of the bus. Happy Easter

goldenguernsey
14-Apr-06, 01:54
That programme had me totally locked in, I must admit I never knew there were so many Gospels that we have never heard of?
The 4 that appear in the New Testament are the only ones selected by a learned man of his day for inclusion.
Makes you wonder don't it?

JAWS
14-Apr-06, 03:33
Happy Easter everyone.Did anyone watch the Gospel of Judas on National Geograghic? Unfortunately I can't get it so I've had to be satisfied with snippets in the press and on television.I've always felt sorry for Judas,he was obviously the chosen one to be the betrayer,Christianity wouldn't have got a foot hold without him.I can feel a moral coming up,is there one?
There certainly were many Gospels but Paul, a Gentile and a Roman, made sure only his preferred version was allowed, all other versions were heresy and as far as possible were totally destroyed.

Today’s version of Christianity says the Jews handed Jesus over to the Romans for punishment, Pilot questioned him and found no wrong, so he offered the Jews his freedom and they cried, "Crucify Him".
This conveniently moves the blame for Jesus' death firmly and squarely on the Jews.
The Jewish method of execution was by stoning. Crucifixion was the form of execution reserved by the Romans.

Certainly the Jews had no need to seek the Roman's permission to enable them to put Jesus to death. From other incidents in the Gospels it's obvious that the Roman's were not in the least bit interested in the odd Jew or two being stoned to death.
Only if he had caused the Romans problems would he be Crucified but when the Roman Empire started to move towards Christianity it would hardly be convenient for them to admit, "It was us what done it!". It makes far more sense to make a few alterations to move the blame.

With regard to Judas, I think it is St. John who gives the version of Jesus dipping the bread in the wine, telling everybody that who he gives it to will betray him, gives it to Judas and tells him to get on with what he must do.
The picture given is that the all seeing Jesus has divine inspiration about what Judas will do.
And all that having happened in full view and hearing of all the disciples, what do they do? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Judas wanders off and they just carry on enjoying their meal without even batting an eyelid.
It makes far more sense to realise that they all knew that something was going to happen but only knew exactly what when Jesus signals to them that He has picked Judas and then tells him to hurry up and do it.

Here endeth my understanding of it at least.

Gleber2
14-Apr-06, 04:10
That programme had me totally locked in, I must admit I never knew there were so many Gospels that we have never heard of?
The 4 that appear in the New Testament are the only ones selected by a learned man of his day for inclusion.
Makes you wonder don't it?

The four were ordered by Constantine to fit the story he wanted to spread around.

Gleber2
14-Apr-06, 04:12
There certainly were many Gospels but Paul, a Gentile and a Roman, made sure only his preferred version was allowed, all other versions were heresy and as far as possible were totally destroyed.

Today’s version of Christianity says the Jews handed Jesus over to the Romans for punishment, Pilot questioned him and found no wrong, so he offered the Jews his freedom and they cried, "Crucify Him".
This conveniently moves the blame for Jesus' death firmly and squarely on the Jews.
The Jewish method of execution was by stoning. Crucifixion was the form of execution reserved by the Romans.

Certainly the Jews had no need to seek the Roman's permission to enable them to put Jesus to death. From other incidents in the Gospels it's obvious that the Roman's were not in the least bit interested in the odd Jew or two being stoned to death.
Only if he had caused the Romans problems would he be Crucified but when the Roman Empire started to move towards Christianity it would hardly be convenient for them to admit, "It was us what done it!". It makes far more sense to make a few alterations to move the blame.

With regard to Judas, I think it is St. John who gives the version of Jesus dipping the bread in the wine, telling everybody that who he gives it to will betray him, gives it to Judas and tells him to get on with what he must do.
The picture given is that the all seeing Jesus has divine inspiration about what Judas will do.
And all that having happened in full view and hearing of all the disciples, what do they do? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Judas wanders off and they just carry on enjoying their meal without even batting an eyelid.
It makes far more sense to realise that they all knew that something was going to happen but only knew exactly what when Jesus signals to them that He has picked Judas and then tells him to hurry up and do it.

Here endeth my understanding of it at least.

You almost sound like you believe it all!!!!![evil]

JAWS
14-Apr-06, 06:05
You almost sound like you believe it all!!!!![evil]
No, but that doesn't stop me exercising my closed childish mind by thinking about it.

If humanity hadn't exercised the ability to see things differently we would still be chipping away at flints and living in caves.
Fortunately at that time, those who wished to ban alternative thoughts were either in a minority or simple got left behind.
Unfortunately some did survive and are still with us today, wagging their fingers and tut tutting, muttering "How dare you think that, you might upset somebody!"

I might be right about what I suggested or I may be wrong but if it helps even one person sees something they had never considered previously then it has served it purpose.
It doesn't matter to me if that thought agrees with my post or proves it to be the biggest load of rubbish ever posted, if it's stimulated somebody to a new insight then it has served it's purpose.

How many huge advances have been made because somebody saw something in some idiots blundering.