PDA

View Full Version : taken in on the first day

ice box
13-Apr-06, 20:20
i was speaking to a friend that was speaking to the manger of home base and he said that there made £35000 by 3 o clock not bad for the first day work .:)

willowbankbear
13-Apr-06, 23:31
Im not surprised as I was up that south road four or five times & the car park looked packed all day. Two or three folk I spoke to said that the shops were heaving most of the day. Long may it continue, roll on the petrolchemical plant(riggerboy):grin:

changilass
13-Apr-06, 23:41
Love the pic and the caption

willowbankbear
13-Apr-06, 23:47
Thanks, Ive had 2-3 pms saying the same, I saw it earlier on & couldna resist, D.W will chuckle at it Im sure[lol]

Fran
13-Apr-06, 23:52
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000) what a great picture and especially the caption.....made my day.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb068&pp=ZNfox000 (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb068_ZNfox000)

ice box
14-Apr-06, 00:20
Love the pic worded just right lol

bagpuss
14-Apr-06, 00:22
Not all bargains however- I spotted some super duper taps I really wanted- and the price looked fantastic- but the pic on the box showed a different tap- with a note saying that the contents might be different. To be on the safe side, I asked the nearest member of staff to open them and check that they were what i wanted- and guess what- they weren't- someone had moved all the signs around.

Absolutely great for garden hoses and handles for cabinets though- and as you rightly point out- no 100 mile trek. Now can we just get a M&S food store?

I chatted up the shop fitters- and sad to say no Next or Borders/Starbucks on the horizon- but we are getting an Edinburgh Woolen Mill. Oh joy!

ice box
14-Apr-06, 00:28
Edinburgh woolen mill yippy granny cloths cant wait

i hear it quite dear well just have to wait and see .

krieve
14-Apr-06, 00:33
Edinburgh woolen mill boo hoo! why not next or matalan :cry: :roll:

ice box
14-Apr-06, 00:50
Some one always sticks a rotten apple in somewhere

Only joking glad where getting something we should appreciate these things

cullbucket
14-Apr-06, 01:27
Everything I ever bought from Edinburgh Woolen Mill shrunk or holed too quick - I thought that place was for the gullible tourists - good luck wick
- or maybe its my habit of machine washing everything...whichever way, they dont last if you use them
I always wondered how they stayed in business

JAWS
14-Apr-06, 02:07
Thanks, Ive had 2-3 pms saying the same, I saw it earlier on & couldna resist, D.W will chuckle at it Im sure[lol]
Be careful Willowbankbear, portraying sweet little pussies as nasty, gun toting thugs.
You could cause endless distress to all sorts of people of delicate disposition with fragile emotions.
Heavens above, the result could be catastrophic, totally catastrophic!

Lucy
14-Apr-06, 03:23
I was in Homebase at 8am before going to work and probably because it was quiet at that time i got excellent customer service. One lady went and got me an extra trolley and took it to the check out for me, another lad helped us back to the car and helped put all the stuff in the boot. You wouln't get that anywhere else. Going back asap to get the grout etc to go with all the tiles and see if i can chat up a nice member of staff to come and put them on the wall, but maybe thats taking customer service a bit far:) :)

Loafer
14-Apr-06, 08:10

These places are made for tourists. Take my advice. KEEP WELL CLEAR!!

Overpriced and poor quality.

The Loafer

badger
14-Apr-06, 10:36
Be careful Willowbankbear, portraying sweet little pussies as nasty, gun toting thugs.
You could cause endless distress to all sorts of people of delicate disposition with fragile emotions.

Thanks for two giggles today - the original pic and your comment.

grantyg
14-Apr-06, 10:38
I ve been barred from every Homebase store in the country!

Walking round the Homebase Garden department this afternoon, I was approached by a spotty faced youth who asked if I wanted decking.

So I got in first !

Okay bad joke but it needed posting!

bagpuss
14-Apr-06, 23:49
All they need to do to make 35k is to sell a few kitchens and the odd bath or sofa. Given that their overheads- wages, council taxes will be huge, they'll need to make that every day of every week.

Big firms need to turn over stock very fast- I occasionally curse when the jacket bought from Mackays at £45 is reduced within a fortnight to £25. If it doesn't fly off the shelves the ladies don't get their bonuses.

With Homebase, what is the difference between the chaps in white shirts and ties serving upstairs and the chaps and chappesses in black downstairs? I bought a hose and got a patient explanation about what connects with what, but still had to ask a neighbour for help later. However the nice gentleman in the downstairs section was very charming.

willowbankbear
14-Apr-06, 23:56

Beware Jaws my friend, Tiddles the bullet pumper likes fish,especially big tough sharks........On her dinner plate[lol] [lol]

JAWS
15-Apr-06, 02:57
Beware Jaws my friend, Tiddles the bullet pumper likes fish,especially big tough sharks........On her dinner plate
It looks like it's already got my pet star-fish.
I wondered where it had gone, I've been Hooking Fur it all day! [lol]

Loafer
16-Apr-06, 18:23
The lady of the bread and my good self took a trip through to Homebase today and were mightily impressed with what we saw. The shop had a fantastic stock. We were surprised by the size of the place!!

We will definately be back. The only problem for me is the amount of DIY that Solastar has planned for me. The first is insulating the loft. Scratch, scratch!!

The Loafer

footie chick
16-Apr-06, 18:59
Went to Homebase yesterday great shop. Didnt think too much o burger king outside:lol: :lol:

_Ju_
16-Apr-06, 21:11

It's not all granny clothes ( I conceed that alot of it is, though), but it is darn good quality!!!!! The t-shirts never stretch, fade or die ignomious deaths from inumerous washes. Maybe that is why so many (wise) grannies buy there.

I want a Borders or a WHSmith PUUUUUUUUUU-LEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!