Hillhead Primary School, Mon 9th Nov, 6.30pm
Village Hall Reay, Tue 10th Nov, 6.30pm

Hope to see you there!

The Pepsi Challenge
29-Oct-09, 14:07
Will there be subtitles?

maidencaithness
29-Oct-09, 23:14
planning on going tomorrow night supposed to be good being a Caithness lassie should be able to understand the dialect!

tootler
31-Oct-09, 00:40
I went to see the Grey Coast's "Fields of Barley" tonight in the Castletown Drill Hall and I really enjoyed the show. :D

If you get the chance, go along and see it - all this talk in the press of the Caithness dialect dialogue not being understandable is a bit of a nonsense, really... there are only two characters and one of them sustains a convincing American accent through the whole show, so the dialect aspect is hardly overwhelming!:roll:

Quality, from every angle. The two young actors were spell-binding in their roles. The lighting and the music were atmospheric. The quality of the script-writing was just fantastic... early scenes made me laugh out loud and, as the play progressed and the characters developed, it became so poignant that even I nearly shed a tear.

Make the effort to go and see this play and you won't regret it.

Well done to everyone at the Grey Coast Theatre Company - it's really heartening to see such a young cast working SO well together. Full marks.:D

Boozeburglar
31-Oct-09, 00:54
Will there be subtitles?

What do they say about critics again?

Is that the best you could do?

You are second rate; even at your much practised sarcasm.

The Pepsi Challenge
31-Oct-09, 02:42
What do they say about critics again?

Is that the best you could do?

You are second rate; even at your much practised sarcasm.

Touched a nerve, eh? Seems I've been chastised by the typist once again. I suppose I should apologise, but I won't. You have your opinion; I have mine. Enjoy.

Boozeburglar
31-Oct-09, 02:46
Touched a nerve?

Why is it that you have no more imagination than to think any negative reaction to you is down to something other than your consistently negative output?

The day someone like you gets under my skin is the day it all fell off and reached such a bottom feeder's reach.

Mik.M.
31-Oct-09, 10:18
I went to see the Grey Coast's "Fields of Barley" tonight in the Castletown Drill Hall and I really enjoyed the show. :D

If you get the chance, go along and see it - all this talk in the press of the Caithness dialect dialogue not being understandable is a bit of a nonsense, really... there are only two characters and one of them sustains a convincing American accent through the whole show, so the dialect aspect is hardly overwhelming!:roll:

Quality, from every angle. The two young actors were spell-binding in their roles. The lighting and the music were atmospheric. The quality of the script-writing was just fantastic... early scenes made me laugh out loud and, as the play progressed and the characters developed, it became so poignant that even I nearly shed a tear.

Make the effort to go and see this play and you won't regret it.

Well done to everyone at the Grey Coast Theatre Company - it's really heartening to see such a young cast working SO well together. Full marks.:D
Couldn`t have put it better myself. A vey big well done to all involved,a most enjoyable evening.

The Pepsi Challenge
31-Oct-09, 18:21
I think Fields Of Barley is a good story. It is well acted, well directed, and will probably continue to entertain the Caithness people for some time to come.

If Boozeburgler can't handle criticism, though; well, then, tough.

Boozeburglar
31-Oct-09, 20:14
At what point was any criticism directed at me?

twiglet
31-Oct-09, 21:24
Thoroughly enjoyed the play, wd to the two actors for a stunning performance and to the others behind the scenes. Well worth catching if you can.

Wd also to all the other performers at the event. Loved the Castletown kids song.

Undine
31-Oct-09, 21:52
Have to say if you get a chance it is well worth going to see.
As well as the play it is nice to see the children taking part.
I think it is good that we get a chance to see what Caithness can offer in regards to this sort of thing.
The two actors show a great deal of promise and the direction is fantastic.
It's a MUST SEE

alanatkie
01-Nov-09, 00:14
If i had seen it advertise tbh Not something i would have gone and watched. We went along as our Daughter was doing a song with the Castletown school, we could have left after that but decided not too.

It was a great night. The kids did really well for only composing the song & learning it that day. The play was excellent & a great night was had by us. High recommended to go & see. If miknhev can understand it any one can [lol]

Moira
01-Nov-09, 00:23
That's great!

How did Pepsi do performing the subtitles? ;)

alanatkie
01-Nov-09, 00:25
forgot to say wow twiglet what a singing voice didn't know you had it in you.

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Nov-09, 02:18
That's great!

How did Pepsi do performing the subtitles? ;)

I'd be up for giving it a go :)

Amadan
01-Nov-09, 21:58
Hope to see some folk at Pennyland School tomorrow at 6.30pm :-)

Thank you for those who left the show responses :)