PDA

View Full Version : broadband

Dadie
28-Oct-09, 21:45
Who would you recommend as a broadband provider for up here?
Just looking to change provider at the moment and wondering who has the best deals on!
Any helpful advice welcome:lol:

dragonfly
28-Oct-09, 21:56
know its not everyone's favourite but we've been with AOL for years and not one problem with service. get unlimited downloading, browsing etc which is essential with 2 teenagers in the house, phone them up every year, say what deal can you give me or I'll go to BT and at present think I'm getting their most expensive package for £15 a month

which reminds me I must remember to phone again next month!

transit
29-Oct-09, 00:40
im with aol and got a good package!

telfordstar
29-Oct-09, 14:02
Im with sky and got unlimited calls, line rental and broadband for £22.50pm canna grumble at that.

Katy
29-Oct-09, 14:38
I'm with Sky too, pay £17 a month for our broadband can surf as much as I want but downloads are limited but I don't download much so never gone over.

But its been playing up this last 2 days....anyone else with sky having problems?!

Kxx

telfordstar
29-Oct-09, 22:46
I'm with Sky too, pay £17 a month for our broadband can surf as much as I want but downloads are limited but I don't download much so never gone over.

But its been playing up this last 2 days....anyone else with sky having problems?!

Kxx

Mines has frooze a few times!!

RecQuery
29-Oct-09, 23:39
Who would you recommend as a broadband provider for up here?
Just looking to change provider at the moment and wondering who has the best deals on!
Any helpful advice welcome:lol:

Well I mean it depends, why are you looking to switch? what do you use the connection for?

Thinkbroadband (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/search/package/basic.html) have a decent search facility.

I personally prefer small to medium ISPs as theres less abstraction and I'm more likely to talk to someone knowledgeable, also customers are more important to small ISPs.

madmax
29-Oct-09, 23:59
I'm with the post office, £20.50 a month for broadband, line rental, free evening and weekend calls, free mobile calls at weekends too. Free calls to loved ones on birthdays and christmas.
Its the wired modem option but I have my own wireless router and works fine.
Had no problems with the service ever.

Jeid
30-Oct-09, 16:26
With O2 and they've been brilliant.