PDA

View Full Version : Argos

rfr10
13-Apr-06, 16:37
Apparently, Argos are going to be expanding into the shop next to the original one. Does anyone know if this is correct, if it is, that means we will have one less shop. I also hear that matalan are planning in setting up a store.

footie chick
13-Apr-06, 16:53
Edinburgh woolen mill have applied for planning and building warrent are they going into one of the units? Matalan would be better!

rfr10
13-Apr-06, 16:58
Edinburgh woolen mill have applied for planning and building warrent are they going into one of the units? Matalan would be better!

I hope the don't get into one of the units, all you have to do is go to John O' Groats, they sell EWM products there. I don't think it will end up being a busy shop but you never know.

footie chick
13-Apr-06, 17:01
IDEA move matatlan to JOG that should liven it up for the guide books[lol]

badger
13-Apr-06, 17:32
I was hoping we'd get an optician and was told by the agent they were negotiating but haven't heard any more. It's ridiculous having to wait 5 weeks for an appointment when anywhere else you can just walk in.

Venture
13-Apr-06, 20:30
whats definitely needed up there now is a food outlet of some kind like Costa Coffee or Starbucks. A lot of folk will come a long way to shop but wont find anywhere for a coffee when they are finished their shopping.

Billy Boy
13-Apr-06, 20:37
i think farmfood's or iceland would be a good idea?was there one at the bottom of girnigoe street at one time :confused:

footie chick
13-Apr-06, 20:39
Yeah there was cant remember what one think its an office now

Loafer
13-Apr-06, 20:40
I agree that an optician would be the best. O'Brians and Henderson's have it too easy. Specsavers have been doing market research with their weekly shows in the Park Hotel. Surely some time soon??

The Loafer

ice box
13-Apr-06, 20:42
i think farmfood's or iceland would be a good idea?was there one at the bottom of girnigoe street at one time :confused:
it was a frozen food shop it' was were the c.a.b is now .