PDA

View Full Version : Scratching one spot.

cuddlepop
28-Oct-09, 09:34
Before I take Scorrie to the vet has anyone any idea why he pesisitently scratches his left side?:confused

he's been showered,tick@flead,diet changed,brushed ......I've looked and once you find his skin its not inflamed or red.

When you rub his bum which he loves the leg goes up to scatch his side.

I think its just him, OH not convinced.:roll:

teenybash
28-Oct-09, 11:52
Doesn't sound serious CP...........my daughters dog was doing similar and she dabbed the area with vinegar every now and then and he stopped. The famous bum scratch my girl loves and she wiggles and riggles and tries to scratch.........probably just a tickle spot if there are no sign of irritation. :)

cuddlepop
28-Oct-09, 14:59
Doesn't sound serious CP...........my daughters dog was doing similar and she dabbed the area with vinegar every now and then and he stopped. The famous bum scratch my girl loves and she wiggles and riggles and tries to scratch.........probably just a tickle spot if there are no sign of irritation. :)

Thanks teeny he's just a big ball of hair so its bound to itch,maybe he's too hot.
That bum scratch is something else.:lol:

ClachanHope
28-Oct-09, 20:21
Before I take Scorrie to the vet has anyone any idea why he pesisitently scratches his left side?:confused

he's been showered,tick@flead,diet changed,brushed ......I've looked and once you find his skin its not inflamed or red.

When you rub his bum which he loves the leg goes up to scatch his side.

I think its just him, OH not convinced.:roll:

What breed of dog is Scorrie???? Is his skin black???? Is it flaky like dandruff???

cuddlepop
29-Oct-09, 09:26
What breed of dog is Scorrie???? Is his skin black???? Is it flaky like dandruff???

He's a Beardie and his skin is pinkish white with no flakes,he looks just like that dog on the advert fo rpet insurance;when the lady is cooking a steak for her poor doggy.:eek:

ClachanHope
30-Oct-09, 16:16
He's a Beardie and his skin is pinkish white with no flakes,he looks just like that dog on the advert fo rpet insurance;when the lady is cooking a steak for her poor doggy.:eek:

When you rub his belly and he scratches, that's usually just a joyful reaction to the rub, but his scratching at other times could be caused by grass mites, or sand mites if he runs on the beach. Have you had him groomed, sometimes a good bath with a mild shampoo or medicated shampoo and groom out can help.