PDA

View Full Version : Seemples !!

Aquarian Girl
27-Oct-09, 23:50
Anyone watch the wildlife programme on BBC1 last night at 9.00. I had to laugh out loud at the meerkats resting, falling asleep in the sun and then falling over :lol:. I just love these little guys sooo much. I see that the must have this christmas is going to be a toy version of the meerkat in the ad for insurance. Seemples !! How brill is that. Think Santa might bring me one ?? Maybe I'd better get my letter off now and make sure he gets it in time before the rush.

Liz
27-Oct-09, 23:55
Never saw the programme but I really love meerkats! They have such cheekyl little faces.

I have a lovely Stephen Gayford painting of them.

Better be a good girl so Santa will give you your toy meerkat.:D

Aquarian Girl
27-Oct-09, 23:57
Will be very very good if I can have one. Haven't seen them advertised anywhere so think I' better do some googling and then some hinting.

Aquarian Girl
28-Oct-09, 00:05
Ah well that's it then. His name is Aleksandr Orlov and he will be available fron Dec 2009 at a cost of £19.95 from Harrods BUT it's a limited edition of 5000. The waiting list is now closed and the remainder will go on sale in the store sooooo guess that's that. Will just need to gat a naked one and dress him myself.

riggerboy
28-Oct-09, 12:12
what ever happened to action man, my god the world is going bonkers grown folks wanting a stuffed toy meerkat that will not speak to them in a cute and cuddly sort of way,

bring back action jackson, action man, and lets not forget ken barbies enstranged husband,

golach
28-Oct-09, 14:35
Will be very very good if I can have one. Haven't seen them advertised anywhere so think I' better do some googling and then some hinting.

I am fairly sure Morrisons have them in their gardening section, my mother got two they cost £5 each.

Anji
28-Oct-09, 17:21
Anyone watch the wildlife programme on BBC1 last night at 9.00. I had to laugh out loud at the meerkats resting, falling asleep in the sun and then falling over :lol:. I just love these little guys sooo much. I see that the must have this christmas is going to be a toy version of the meerkat in the ad for insurance. Seemples !! How brill is that. Think Santa might bring me one ?? Maybe I'd better get my letter off now and make sure he gets it in time before the rush.

My OH and I were falling about as much as the meerkats. It's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

The series has been very good so far. I'd definitely recommend it to lovers of nature programmes.

Venture
28-Oct-09, 17:34
http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/GlobalPages/NewsArticle.aspx?Id=8bdc9ca2-fe45-4271-9f0b-47c270cc101d

I'm quite disappointed, he dosen't look as cute or cheeky as he does on TV in fact he looks more like a dog than a meerkat. He dosen't have that grin on his face.

Never mind we can always chat with him on twitter.;)

http://twitter.com/Aleksandr_Orlov

achingale
28-Oct-09, 21:27
Meercats are just wonderful to watch. They are so funny. I want Aleksandr for Christmas, not the fluffy toy, but the real thing! Seemples...keeek

Vistravi
28-Oct-09, 22:08
Anyone see the program "mammals" last night. In it there was a scene with a baby elephant that got stuck in mud. It's mother tried to help it out but she ended up making it worse. Grandma sees what is happening charges overs pratically rams mum out of the way and gets the baby out! It was funny but enlighting at the same time :lol:

Anji
29-Oct-09, 14:13
I saw that programme. I love elephants, and was relieved when Grandma came to the rescue. Sometimes I think elephants are more intelligent than some humans.

Aaldtimer
29-Oct-09, 17:42
Here's a whole family of them for the garden!

http://www.theoriginalgift.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_21051_-1_60289_11056 :lol:

George Brims
29-Oct-09, 17:58
If any of you ever come to Los Angeles on holiday, go to the zoo. They have a meerkat habitat where you can go in a room underneath them and put your head up in a perspex dome in the middle, so you're right there with them. It's marvelous (except for the weans tugging on your trouser leg to get their shot). They have a few at different heights so kids as well as adults can do it.