PDA

View Full Version : Despicable

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 15:52
Anyone read about this mother who took her five year old wheel-chair bound son to have breakfast with the Blairs? Appeared on GMTV and would tell anyone who would listen that her son had cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis, a throat disorder and was allergic to nearly all food. Local charities raised thousands The little boy had unnecessary surgery to fit a feeding tube directly into his stomach when he was only four years old. She faked qualifications to get a job as a nurse. Meanwhile she was spending 200,000 in benefits on holidays, DIY and a European cruise to boot! The truth? Her little son was in perfect physical health. How she managed to deceive everyone including doctors is beyond belief!

MR_A
27-Oct-09, 15:59
If thats right I feel really sorry for the kid.

Lets hope she gets life in prison and the kid gets rehomed!

Rheghead
27-Oct-09, 16:00
How did she get a 4 yr old to give the symptoms of cerebral palsy to doctors?

Phill
27-Oct-09, 16:11
Dunno the story, sounds like munchausen by proxy.

Kodiak
27-Oct-09, 16:16
Where did you read this, do you not have a Link?

Cerebral Palsy & Cystic Fibrosis, fooled all Doctors and received £200,000 in Benefits, you must have read this in the "Weekly World News"

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 16:17
How did she get a 4 yr old to give the symptoms of cerebral palsy to doctors?

She managed to bamboozle doctors, even although they could find no symptoms. She kept insisting that there was something wrong with her son.

Bobinovich
27-Oct-09, 16:27
Here's a link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220904/Mother-claimed-130-000-benefits-sons-faked-illness.html) - I read it a few days ago and it made me sick :(

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 16:30

http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

Kodiak
27-Oct-09, 16:53
http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx

OK that is a Link but nothing about the story you posted.

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 17:22
Cerebral Palsy & Cystic Fibrosis, fooled all Doctors and received £200,000 in Benefits, you must have read this in the "Weekly World News"

Why do you think that GPs are not fooled by benefits fraudsters? Please explain. :roll:

The link I gave before has constantly changing headlines, which is why you probably did not see the story. So here's another link for you -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1222568/The-picture-woman-forced-healthy-son-wheelchair-convinced-doctors-sick.html

Notice that the court order restricting identification has been lifted.

Amy-Winehouse
27-Oct-09, 17:31
Thats terrible how someone could do that to their child there are plenty of poor folk out there who,s children are critically ill and have some kind of condition that affects their entire life and only wish that their child was in perfect health !!!! grrrrrrrrr boils my blood what a twisted sick excuse for a human being should be put to jail for life as she,s destroyed her kids already !!!!:mad:

teddybear1873
27-Oct-09, 17:37
Another cow who should be thrown in a cesspit.

ShelleyCowie
27-Oct-09, 17:50
I read about that a few days to a week ago. The boy managed to keep it up because she made him think he was ill so it was all psychological (sp).

I thought the story was awful. How could a mother do that to her son and fool everybody! All for money! [evil]

joxville
27-Oct-09, 20:19

OK that is a Link but nothing about the story you posted.
Bob's right about it being in the paper, I read it last week in work. I can't be arsed finding the link.

ShelleyCowie
27-Oct-09, 20:52
Here is a link.....hope it works

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6878582.ece

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 21:39
Thats terrible how someone could do that to their child there are plenty of poor folk out there who,s children are critically ill and have some kind of condition that affects their entire life and only wish that their child was in perfect health !!!! grrrrrrrrr boils my blood what a twisted sick excuse for a human being should be put to jail for life as she,s destroyed her kids already !!!!:mad:

This vile woman is probably a remorseless sociopath without a conscience. She would most likely be crafty enough to blend into good society, whilst giving a false impression that she was a wonderful, protector and carer for her unfortunate son.

You made a very valid point about many parents who are experiencing the heartache about their genuinely ill children.

trix
27-Oct-09, 23:16
when i first red 'e thried i immediatly thot that 'iss woman must hev a mental illness...but efter readin 'e link it seems that 'e wifie is choost bad bad bad...!

no maternal instincts at'all, choost me me me i luv me!! she should get locked up for a long time an kept awie fie bairns for ever :eek:

but then i ask, if yer bad til a bairn...or an animal say, then surly ye must hev a mental illness??

how do ye ken 'e difference between bad bad....and ill?

Bazeye
27-Oct-09, 23:22
Get her sterilised now.

upolian
27-Oct-09, 23:38
when i first red 'e thried i immediatly thot that 'iss woman must hev a mental illness...but efter readin 'e link it seems that 'e wifie is choost bad bad bad...!

no maternal instincts at'all, choost me me me i luv me!! she should get locked up for a long time an kept awie fie bairns for ever :eek:

but then i ask, if yer bad til a bairn...or an animal say, then surly ye must hev a mental illness??

your definately from wick

butterfly
27-Oct-09, 23:39
Dunno the story, sounds like munchausen by proxy.

I googled that,it seems that offenders are more than likely to have been emotionally and physically abused themselves.It seems what goes around keeps coming back around in those situations.....Very sad.

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 01:50
:eek:

The difference is the perpetrator isn't mentally ill. Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behaviour. Sickness is the absence of choice. Wicked people always know what they are doing. Evil conduct is never excusable!

squidge
28-Oct-09, 02:01
The difference is the perpetrator isn't mentally ill. Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behaviour. Sickness is the absence of choice. Wicked people always know what they are doing. Evil conduct is never excusable!

How do you know she isnt mentally ill? The papers say that the judge has ordered psychiatric reports to be compiled. Do I need to ask again what medical or psychiatric qualifications you have - this time to make the decision that this woman is not mentally ill? Oooooooh Stavro maybe you are the psychiatrist and therefore have a unique viewpoint but then again maybe you are NOT.

If this woman is ill then its a shame for both her and her boy that this was not picked up on ages ago but munchausens is very difficult to diagnose I believe. Lets hope the psychiatrist gets to the bottom of this. Either way she will rightly be punished. Lets hope if she is ill she gets help as well.

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:04
How do you know she isnt mentally ill? The papers say that the judge has ordered psychiatric reports to be compiled. Do I need to ask again what medical or psychiatric qualifications you have - this time to make the decision that this woman is not mentally ill?

Are you qualified to judge someone else's medical or psychiatric qualifications, squidgey?

squidge
28-Oct-09, 02:13
Are you qualified to judge someone else's medical or psychiatric qualifications, squidgey?

definitely :D

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:29

This reply allows me to diagnose you as suffering from delusions of grandeur. :D

Aaldtimer
28-Oct-09, 04:27
This reply allows me to diagnose you as suffering from delusions of grandeur. :D

That reply allows me to diagnose you with delusions of adequacy!:lol:

Rheghead
28-Oct-09, 11:02

We are all able to make probablistic assessments on folk as to whether they are completely bonkers or no, the only difference is that your assessment may have some legal or professional standing.

katarina
28-Oct-09, 11:21
I would say it's definately a case of munchausens by proxy. I once read about a case in America where a foster mother convinced authorities that there was something wrong with all children in her care. One was autistic, two were ADHD. she recieved high benifits for their care amd for home schooling which they never had. Eventually it was discovered there was nothing at all wrong with them. How can the authorities and the medical profession be so easily dupped? Yet it happens.

Then loved, well cared for children are removed from their homes because they are OVERWEIGHT!

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 16:05
I would say it's definately a case of munchausens by proxy. I once read about a case in America where a foster mother convinced authorities that there was something wrong with all children in her care. One was autistic, two were ADHD. she recieved high benifits for their care amd for home schooling which they never had. Eventually it was discovered there was nothing at all wrong with them. How can the authorities and the medical profession be so easily dupped? Yet it happens.

Then loved, well cared for children are removed from their homes because they are OVERWEIGHT!

I do not agree that it was Munchausens, but certainly the medical profession is easily and regularly duped. :eek:

trix
28-Oct-09, 19:32

what aboot 'e couple that areny allowed til get merried!! 'e lassy hes a mild learning difficulty an hes met a guy that wants til merry her an hev bairnys wi her, (she's pregnant) yet social work says its illegal for her til get merried an' they are gona take 'e bairny awie fie her when its borne :eek:

cana understand 'at aine :confused thot maybe 'e guy hes a serious conviction or somethin...but 'ats no 'e case.

wonder how social department came til their conclusion :confused

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 20:56
How do you know she isnt mentally ill?

Munchausen syndrome is named after Baron Munchausen who was a consummate liar on a monumental scale. Some so-called Munchausen patients know that their condition is false, which would prove that they were not mentally ill, but possibly evil liars.