PDA

View Full Version : exhausts!!

pirateeye
26-Oct-09, 22:32
hello does anyone know a reasonable place, either local or online to buy car exhausts. looking for one for a renault megane scenic 2.0 litre petrol 1999 model

poppett
26-Oct-09, 22:35
McConnecheys on Millbank Road in Thurso can order reasonably priced exhausts for any model, but Renault parts are always expensive wherever they come from.

Online I have used Nottingham Ford Dismantlers and they also seem to be able to source any part (new or used) for any make and model. Just google their name.

rs 2k
26-Oct-09, 22:40
Hi

I would recommend euro car parts

I was needing a cat for my car and i was dreading the cost coz maconnachie's (How do u spell that word [lol]) wanted £160 for a cat for my sisters fiesta 1.2

So i went on euro car parts and i got a cat and centre pipe for £48 they wanted £5 postage but if your order is over £50 u get free delivery so i ordered a new fan belt too [lol]

Also next day delivery too

eurocarparts.com (put in your number plate its easier)

Kodiak
26-Oct-09, 22:46
So i went on euro car parts and i got a cat and centre pipe for £48 they wanted £5 postage but if your order is over £50 u get free delivery so i ordered a new fan belt too

Quite a good price that, but did you fit it yourself? If not how much did it cost to be fitted.

At least at McConnachies's the price includes all fitting and fixtures so you know where you are with them. Also all parts are guaranteed.

rs 2k
26-Oct-09, 22:52
Yes fitted it myself but needed a couple of gaskets so just went over to mcConnachies and bought a couple

They r good guys in there and if u turn up with something they will fit it

U get a guarantee with euro car parts too

XR2
27-Oct-09, 13:41
I can recommend Thurso Tyre Centre. Got an exhaust fitted there just recently.

twinkle
28-Oct-09, 11:06
I would recommend Thurso Tyre Centre as well when i had my Astra i needed a new part of exhaust and was told by McConnecheys that they wouldn't be able to save the back box (was gutted as it was a twin exhaust backbox which was expensive) i would need to get a new one of those as well. I went to see Sandy in the Tyre Centre and he saved my back box and fixed the part of exhaust that needed changing all for an excellent price!!

MR_A
28-Oct-09, 11:47
I would recommend Thurso Tyre Centre as well they have always been spot on with me and I have been in there a few times now.