PDA

View Full Version : thanks for squashing my cat!!!

JammyDodger69
26-Oct-09, 20:35
Can i just say thankyou very very much to the idiot that killed our four month old cat on the bt/burnside road.
This happened about two weeks ago and we had to explain to our children that their kitten wasn't coming home....and that was after we had to scrape up what was left of our cat.
The idiot was obviously driving too fast as the cat didnt stand a chance, it took about 20mins to identify her, she still had her collar but only had half her jaw left and her teeth, there was no head, just some bones and hair and two paws.

The person who did this would have had bits of our cat stuck to their bumper and would certainly had heard the thud.
we had to drive past and walk the kids past the remains off our cat for about 3 days after... until it finally rained.
im sorry if this is hard for some people to read but it was even harder for us have to identify her and scrape her up so that we could give her a proper burial.

i just hope the person who did it reads this and at least feels some shame.

teenybash
26-Oct-09, 21:08
A graphic but sad story.........unfortunately I doubt if the moron who ran the kitten over would be capable of feeling shame.
I hope your little ones are getting over the loss of their kitten.:(

JammyDodger69
26-Oct-09, 21:16
thankyou for your reply.
thankfully the kids are kept busy with halloween just now.
we also have the brother and the mum of the kitten.
we originally had four kittens but two were killed when they were only 3dys old by the father. so we have to make the most of the one we have left, he's started sleeping in the basket with our labrador and suckling off her...its so sweet.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Oct-09, 21:21
it's always so sad when i read about things like that.... we have a four month kitten too .... we decided to keep her indoors (in a large agricultural shed / stables) few people on here passed comment about that being "unfair" on the cat - but it's having a great time , chasing mice, enjoying the attention when we are in the shed which is quite a bit and safe from the road and other mangey cats that are going about the countryside....

Vistravi
26-Oct-09, 21:42
I understand how you feel as i would feel exactly the same way if someone did that to my cat. I'm glad my cat is showing no interest still of going outside as i would not be happy with her outside and not knowing if she would come home. I know that may seem wrong to not want her outside, my partner keeps telling me to let her out but i am so glad she doesn't want to go out.

At least you still have your other two cats to console you all with. My family have lost a few cats, one of them my dad's gorgeous abyssinian cat was ran over like your kitten was but was in a big enough piece for some sick teenagers to throw around and kick [evil] Nothing fills the place of a lost pet.

Children are very resilent and will properly recover from it before you will.

Some people who do this to animals just don't care. There will always be people that don't care what thye do to animals as they just can't see that the animal feels pain and the emotions we do.

Vistravi
26-Oct-09, 21:51
it's always so sad when i read about things like that.... we have a four month kitten too .... we decided to keep her indoors (in a large agricultural shed / stables) few people on here passed comment about that being "unfair" on the cat - but it's having a great time , chasing mice, enjoying the attention when we are in the shed which is quite a bit and safe from the road and other mangey cats that are going about the countryside....

My cat is an indoor cat as she likes her comfort and regular attention. She doesn't want to be outside despite my partner saying she does. He just thinks i'm being unfair by keeping her in. Lord help the spiders and other insects when they come in, they don't stay very long! She just won't leave them alone :lol:
If she does decide that she wants out then i'd let her out (well i think so!) A quieter area will help. She's a smart cookie and doesn't go to many people. I'm no doubt she'd put another cat in their place. She has my mum's three young cats scared of her! :lol:

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Oct-09, 21:59
well Timone does go a wander out with me with me if a customer comes to pick up something from shed but she always goes straight back in ..... we did buy a cat flap for shed door....BUT........ still undecided.............

Vistravi
26-Oct-09, 22:01
They do know their own mind best KEEP ON TRUCKIN ;) My cat only gets curious as to what is on the other side of the door when it is left open for ages. She's not like my stepdad's queen cat that once the door is open for a milisecond she's out of it. My stepdad's cat is very much so a outdoor cat. Only comes home to get some more food and occasionally a warm bed.

Dadie
26-Oct-09, 22:24
Cats that are killed on the road do not have to be reported.
If it was done in the Dounreay traffic I seriously doubt anyone without a death wish of their own would stop to check or remove the cat from the road.
Sad but true.
It may make you angry and sad but these things happen, and no it wasnt me!
I have not run over a cat yet but 1 came close 1 day when I had a chocolate craving and jumped in the car, got 1/2 way to the nearest shop that was open and it ran out infront of me (thank god no-one was behind me or I would have been in trouble) slammed on the brakes, missed cat, went home and ate scotbloc!

purplelady
27-Oct-09, 00:14
It is awful to have a cat killed like that it happened to us many years ago after which we got two kittens who were not allowed out till we moved to a place that had a very queit road one liked going the other did not sadly the old boy died a few months ago and when i say old he lived to be 18 and we still have his sister who rarely goes out feel for you and your lose xxxxxxxxxxxx

Bradcon
27-Oct-09, 16:23
This a total disgrace, but is hapening everywhere. Left the house last night to go to work. Turned the car, then noticed something in the road, just 2 doors down from my house. Stopped to check and it was a poor cat. Dead in the middle of the road. Sadly dead and one of my neighbours. Why is it so hard to move an animal to the pavement anf knock on 1 door to try to find its owners. [evil][evil]

I cant understand why someone would just drive away and leave the poor thing.:(

Birdie Wife
28-Oct-09, 12:11
A lovely old lady I know in Melvich lost one of her cats last week - she now only has one cat, and it's all the company she has in the house :( why can't people just stick to the speed limit??

K.B
28-Oct-09, 17:52
this is so sad..some people can be so cruel they think of cats as vermon almost!!:mad:
our cat was knocked down on the thrumster road about 2 1/2 months ago whilst we was on holiday..luckily she crawled down 2 our byre and lay in the straw until my mum found her and took her to the vets,she escaped with broken ribs and very bad lacerations.but i dont know what you must have gone through finding your cat like that...its awful

Sarah
28-Oct-09, 18:48
That's awful, what a tradgic thing to go through :( sadly, I know the feeling all too well. Mine was 6 months old however. I don't see how people can just leave the porr thing :(

changilass
28-Oct-09, 21:15
What makes you so sure that the car was speeding, cats do get confused and jump in the wrong direction when they see car lights and some are so slight that a driver would not neccesarily know they had run anything over.

I know I would not get out of the car on a night to go door knocking (cats can wonder for bliddy miles)if I ran a cat over at night - going by the reaction on here you would get lynched.

I don't remember so many cats getting run over in the past, are drivers aiming at the poor things or are cats getting softer and loosing their ability to react?

Metalattakk
29-Oct-09, 04:24
Crikey, anyone would think that the driver deliberately swerved across the road to hit the cat then screeched to a stop, reversed and ran over it another couple of times...just for fun, like.. :roll:

The reality is more likely to be that the cat was hit by a car, Dounreay rush hour perhaps, and then hit again a few more times by following cars.

Sad, yes, but to call the driver (any driver in that situation) an 'idiot' is plainly stupid and wrong.

dragonfly
29-Oct-09, 09:04
Cats that are killed on the road do not have to be reported.
If it was done in the Dounreay traffic I seriously doubt anyone without a death wish of their own would stop to check or remove the cat from the road.
Sad but true.
It may make you angry and sad but these things happen, and no it wasnt me!
I have not run over a cat yet but 1 came close 1 day when I had a chocolate craving and jumped in the car, got 1/2 way to the nearest shop that was open and it ran out infront of me (thank god no-one was behind me or I would have been in trouble) slammed on the brakes, missed cat, went home and ate scotbloc!

Crikey, anyone would think that the driver deliberately swerved across the road to hit the cat then screeched to a stop, reversed and ran over it another couple of times...just for fun, like.. :roll:

The reality is more likely to be that the cat was hit by a car, Dounreay rush hour perhaps, and then hit again a few more times by following cars.

Sad, yes, but to call the driver (any driver in that situation) an 'idiot' is plainly stupid and wrong.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat and know how you feel as I have lost 2 to cars on Ormlie Road however both Dadie and MA are probably correct in their assumptions - you live near to an extremely busy road which when Dounreay is coming in or out cars go so fast, even in the 40mph limit, and are so close to each other that if one of them hit your cat they would have no chance of stopping as they would be endangering themselves and the drivers of cars behind them. I work at BT and at 4:30 its impossible to get out due to the stream of cars from dounreay

unfortunately cats are free spirits who roam wherever they want, with few barriers in their way, they don't have any understanding of road dangers and sadly if they misjudge their timing in crossing roads pay the ultimate price.

I am sure the driver of the car that hit your cat is feeling terrible about it I know I would be

luskentyre
31-Oct-09, 02:35

Ah, so the "rush" to get to work is an excuse for letting an animal get squashed almost beyond recognition (or killed), and for causing considerable distress for the owners? I think you need to get your priorities sorted out!

If I hit a cat I would stop at the easrliest opportunity and do whatever I could. I would have thought any rational human being would do the same - obviously Im wrong...

Metalattakk
31-Oct-09, 02:47
Ah, so the "rush" to get to work is an excuse for letting an animal get squashed almost beyond recognition (or killed), and for causing considerable distress for the owners? I think you need to get your priorities sorted out!

If I hit a cat I would stop at the easrliest opportunity and do whatever I could. I would have thought any rational human being would do the same - obviously Im wrong...

Yes you are wrong, because you haven't read and understood what I said. All you've done is see the situation from your point of view.

Dadie
01-Nov-09, 21:36
Would just like to add I have a cat who is very much part of the family and would not like to have him squashed on the road.
We had cats as children 1 was killed on the road outside the house and another was mashed up so bad by the combine harvester he had to be put out his misery.
Fact of life cats get killed by mis adventure sometimes.
I personally would not put an animals life above a humans though.
If a cat ran out in front of my car and it was unsafe for me to slam on the brakes, sorry but the cat would have it!
If on the other hand it was a child the brakes would be slammed on without a thought to my own safety.
I think this is what most people would think and sometimes stopping would cause more risk than driving off.