PDA

View Full Version : Imcome support > jobseekers allowance

Alice in Blunderland
26-Oct-09, 07:38
I see another phased change to this comes into affect today.

If you are on income support and your child is ten you will be transferred onto jobseekers allowance. This is being phased in by the government to help encourage the parent return to work.

Will this work especially in the current climate of rising unemployment? :confused

Is this just another gimmick as the money for the people claiming still comes from the public purse just a different one ?

riggerboy
26-Oct-09, 07:58
i think if your kids are over 10 then they should be sent out to work after school until 9pm and made to work weekends from 8am to 6pm, the parents should be then able to tell the bru that they dont need child minders to go to work this will inturn bring down unemployment and save money,

Amy-Winehouse
26-Oct-09, 08:08
i think if your kids are over 10 then they should be sent out to work after school until 9pm and made to work weekends from 8am to 6pm, the parents should be then able to tell the bru that they dont need child minders to go to work this will inturn bring down unemployment and save money,

Class [lol]

but 1 question, where would all the kids in Wick get a job? It sounds good though I must admit

riggerboy
26-Oct-09, 08:53
Class [lol]

but 1 question, where would all the kids in Wick get a job? It sounds good though I must admit

they could start by digging out the foundations for the new asda superstore up by homebase,lol

Amy-Winehouse
26-Oct-09, 09:01
What about building the new Breakwater in Wick Bay, or the foundations for the new prison at Noss Nead , I like yer style today though [lol]

Gronnuck
26-Oct-09, 09:06
This is another ill-considered change by this worthless discredited government. Another example of cheap political shots intended to deflect criticism away from their own money-grubbing behaviour onto people who rarely have a voice and are among the poorest in society.
Let’s be clear - the instances of single never-married Mums living off benefits and labelled "feckless" is a tiny tiny minority of single parents. The majority are widowed, separated or divorced and desperate to do the best they can for their children.
This change will only increase problems for the poorest and most vulnerable in society and does nothing to address some fundamental problems.
Who will be looking after the children while the single parent is working; and perhaps more importantly who’s going to pay for it?
How many jobs are there which will accommodate the hours single parents can be available for work?
How will the single parent be any better off financially should they choose work?
The tiny tiny minority of feckless parents will just wait until their youngest child is nine years old and find a way to have another baby!

riggerboy
26-Oct-09, 09:28
What about building the new Breakwater in Wick Bay, or the foundations for the new prison at Noss Nead , I like yer style today though [lol]

o hey prison at noss head sounds good or how about a unemployment camp for all persons that have been on the bru for lets say 3 years and more, we could place them in the camp and they would recieve food parcels, this in turn would free up more houses and reduce waiting times and save money, a sort of "Arbeit macht frei"............

Phill
26-Oct-09, 11:35
o hey prison at noss head sounds good or how about a unemployment camp for all persons that have been on the bru for lets say 3 years and more, we could place them in the camp and they would recieve food parcels, this in turn would free up more houses and reduce waiting times and save money, a sort of "Arbeit macht frei"............

Liberal tosh!

riggerboy
26-Oct-09, 11:41
Liberal tosh!

whose tosh is he/ she on the bru ??????????