PDA

View Full Version : Thomas is now home (Some people!)

Peachie
25-Oct-09, 17:51
Just a quick note to let everyone know my new boy has arrived home safe and well, what was sold to me as a 15.2h irish cob x, turns out to be a 16.1h Clydesdale x Irish cob.......GET IN!!! But who cares, its more for my money:lol: I loved him when i rode him last week and love him even more now he's home. I cant belive what a stressful time I was having after what happened this time last week, but he's home now. he has a loch side field and views of the beach from his new home, lucky boy:)
If the weather is ok on wednesday I'll be taking him on torrisdale bay for his first romp about up here.
Thanks for all the nice comments last week, Im really greatful for them.

Picures to follow in a few days when the weather clears up:D

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
25-Oct-09, 17:55
glad you got him home ok!!!

munron
25-Oct-09, 18:16
may you have many happy years together :)

Peachie
25-Oct-09, 18:54
thank you:D

Liz
25-Oct-09, 19:05
So glad that you have got Thomas after all the stress.

He has a lovely home and really looking forward to seeing some photos of him.:D

teenybash
25-Oct-09, 19:49
Wow......I bet he is a beauty with a fantastic personality. Many years ago now, I had a lovely lady..complete with fabulous fethered feet and she was a dream. Many years of happiness I wish for you both.

Peachie
25-Oct-09, 19:55
So glad that you have got Thomas after all the stress.

He has a lovely home and really looking forward to seeing some photos of him.

Im so happy he's here. but Thomas looks abit scruffy at the moment, had full clip a while back, so currently looks like a right bruiser with spicky hair........lol:lol:
He will look stunning when he grows back, it will totally soften him to look like the gentle giant that he is. he's really dark bay, with a white strip down his nose, tan mouth and 4 white socks.
Im in love:D
Been up since 5am to collect him, then stood in windswept field for 2 hours this afternoon in the pouring down rain just talking to him, and given half a chance I would be stood there still. but children need there dinners and boyfriends need telling that you dont love your new horse more than them, so im back here again...for now;)

Peachie
25-Oct-09, 19:57
Wow......I bet he is a beauty with a fantastic personality. Many years ago now, I had a lovely lady..complete with fabulous fethered feet and she was a dream. Many years of happiness I wish for you both.

Thanks teenybash. I love feather! think it makes them look so grand and solid. cant wait for my boys to grow back:)

Kevin Milkins
25-Oct-09, 20:04
Good for you Peachie, they say "all's well that ends well". :Razz

Jovi
25-Oct-09, 20:08
Hi Peachie, I'm so glad youv'e got 'Thomas' home safely,wishing you both many years of great friendship,Good luck :lol:

Loraine
25-Oct-09, 20:19
You must be so excited! Hope you have lots of fun together. Looking forward to seeing the photos too.... ;):)

BINBOB
25-Oct-09, 22:38
SO glad it all worked out.hope u have many happy times together.:D

Liz
25-Oct-09, 23:25
Im so happy he's here. but Thomas looks abit scruffy at the moment, had full clip a while back, so currently looks like a right bruiser with spicky hair........lol
He will look stunning when he grows back, it will totally soften him to look like the gentle giant that he is. he's really dark bay, with a white strip down his nose, tan mouth and 4 white socks.
Im in love
Been up since 5am to collect him, then stood in windswept field for 2 hours this afternoon in the pouring down rain just talking to him, and given half a chance I would be stood there still. but children need there dinners and boyfriends need telling that you dont love your new horse more than them, so im back here again...for now;)

Aw he sounds lovely as he is!!!lol

It must be love to stand out in the yucky weather. Bet you can't wait to get back out with him again!!!

Methinks the boyfriend will be getting jealous.:lol:

Thomas was obviously meant for you.

Peachie
26-Oct-09, 20:15
Aw he sounds lovely as he is!!!lol

It must be love to stand out in the yucky weather. Bet you can't wait to get back out with him again!!!

Methinks the boyfriend will be getting jealous.:lol:

Thomas was obviously meant for you.

yep its love. the more i look at him the grander he looks. He looks amazing stood on the hill over looking the stables. really really huge though....lol
I got a full size head collar thinking it might be a wee bit big, but got it anyway as it is navy / red with big gold buckles (very smart). I groomed him and put it on him today and its on the last hole on both settings:eek:

he's such a lovely boy, I cant wait to give him a blash on the beach, he's never done anything like that before. he'll love it :o)

Peachie
26-Oct-09, 20:32
blast even!..lol

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
26-Oct-09, 21:23
nice one....did you manage to try rug ?

ShelleyCowie
26-Oct-09, 23:41
Aw Peachie thats brilliant!! Really glad you got him home with you now! No more hassle to go through.

He sounds awsome and i cant wait to see photos.

I suppose you would notice if he went missing then! :rolleyes: Only jokin....i would return him by morning! haha.

Peachie
27-Oct-09, 11:14
Aw Peachie thats brilliant!! Really glad you got him home with you now! No more hassle to go through.

He sounds awsome and i cant wait to see photos.

I suppose you would notice if he went missing then! :rolleyes: Only jokin....i would return him by morning! haha.

i think everyone would notice if he went.. I got stopped by some tourist stopping near the stables if that big black horse was mine, because he's amazing..tehehe:lol:

Leanne
27-Oct-09, 11:53
That's cool! Where's the pics. I don't care if the weather and lighting is off - get the camera out! This thread fails without pictures!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/BeerPitcher.jpg

Peachie
27-Oct-09, 13:24
That's cool! Where's the pics. I don't care if the weather and lighting is off - get the camera out! This thread fails without pictures!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/BeerPitcher.jpg
:lol: I'll get on it this aft

windynook
27-Oct-09, 22:50
Cant wait to see pictures of your boy :cool:

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 14:04
http://forum.caithness.org/album.php?albumid=110

Finally I have photos....
I couldn't fit any on a post but managed to put 3 on my album on my profile. Sorry it took so long!! will ad some more when I figure out how to get them off my new phone to computer...lol :o):D

Liz
06-Nov-09, 14:09
Aw he is absolutely beautiful! I can see why you love him so much.:D

Thanks for posting the photos for us to see.

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 14:14
Aw he is absolutely beautiful! I can see why you love him so much.:D

Thanks for posting the photos for us to see.

thanks Liz.

He's lovely, I dont think my photos do him justice. He'll love lovely when his hair grows again.:D

Liz
06-Nov-09, 14:16
His crewcut is quite cute!:lol:

Sure he will be even more handsome once his lovely coat grows in. Why did they cut it so short?

He has a lovely kind face bless him. Would love to give him a big hug but you'll have to do that for me!:D

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 14:32
[quote=Liz;617041]His crewcut is quite cute!:lol:

Sure he will be even more handsome once his lovely coat grows in. Why did they cut it so short?

The last owner had a full clip done on his because her horrible friend (that butted in when I went to see him) said he would look better for it. He is such a stunning boy when he has a long mane and full feather. I think her friend was prob jealous of him. I think in summer if he's being worked hard a belly/neck clip would be advised but he's that unfit I dont even think he's done that much then. I'll get his horses arse in shape...lol
he'll be going across torrisdale bay like lightening in no time...hehe:lol:

Liz
06-Nov-09, 14:45
You riding him across Torrisdale Bay with his beautiful mane blowing in the breeze will be a sight to behold!:D

Does he know what he's in for?!:lol:

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 15:24
oh he knows......lol and he doesn't like it:lol:
i had him down on torrisdale last wednesday and it was too bright and blowy for him so I brought him back, then we've been in the school twice grafting, then took him on the beach again yesterday and he got about 2 hundred yards then started spinning round like a whirling dervish which ended up on him walking backwards and dropping in a hole! Fool:eek:...tut
I wasn't sure if he was scared or trying it on, so I walked him right across the first beach across the sand dunes then was just about to head on the main bit and noticed it was 4.45pm, so had to set off back. The boy did good though, he wasn't impressed with the wide open space or the water, but he wasn't as bothered as he'd been pretending to be, and has no excuses anymore now either. He only moved 12 days ago too, so Im really happy with his progress so far:D

Liz
06-Nov-09, 15:33
Bless him!:lol:

I am sure he will get used to his new regime and be all the happier for it. He is doing so well the clever boy and so very lucky to have you!

Looking forward to more photos as his hairstyle changes.:D

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 15:59
Bless him!:lol:

I am sure he will get used to his new regime and be all the happier for it. He is doing so well the clever boy and so very lucky to have you!

Looking forward to more photos as his hairstyle changes.:D

I know from when I had a short bob last summer is has to get worse before it gets better, so Im ready for it:lol:

Liz
06-Nov-09, 16:04
Ha ha. I know what you mean. I am growing my hair and it's at the in-between stage just now.:D

BINBOB
06-Nov-09, 16:07
What a lovely horse...look forward to more pix soon .:D

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 17:39
http://forum.caithness.org/album.php?albumid=110

just put some more on from tonight. aww :-)

ShelleyCowie
06-Nov-09, 17:58
Aw peachie he is lovely! And huge! :D

Hope you are enjoying your time with him. But from yer pics he shud be happy cos there is plenty o space to run around in that field!! :Razz

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 18:09
Aw peachie he is lovely! And huge! :D

Hope you are enjoying your time with him. But from yer pics he shud be happy cos there is plenty o space to run around in that field!! :Razz

Tell me about it. You see the photo where he's stood with my eldest daughter gracie, his field goes all the way back to that hill in the back ground, well almost, there is a small fresh water loch thats about 20 meters across from his fence to the base of the hill, but apart from that it's all his :-) he's totally surrounded by other horses too, and with his beach views too, what more could he want.....lol

Leanne
06-Nov-09, 18:49
Awww I love him!!!!!!

Liz
06-Nov-09, 19:11
Tell me about it. You see the photo where he's stood with my eldest daughter gracie, his field goes all the way back to that hill in the back ground, well almost, there is a small fresh water loch thats about 20 meters across from his fence to the base of the hill, but apart from that it's all his :-) he's totally surrounded by other horses too, and with his beach views too, what more could he want.....lol
Wow! Can I come and live with you?!lol

Peachie
06-Nov-09, 19:46
Wow! Can I come and live with you?!lol

he lives at Torrisdale trekking so unfortunatly thats not a photo of my garden...lol but Im only 2 minutes drive away and I think he has the best field by far :D:D
sure you could build a small complex by the loch at the end of the field and no one would notice, if you fancied Liz...lol

Liz
06-Nov-09, 19:58
he lives at Torrisdale trekking so unfortunatly thats not a photo of my garden...lol but Im only 2 minutes drive away and I think he has the best field by far :D:D
sure you could build a small complex by the loch at the end of the field and no one would notice, if you fancied Liz...lol

Oh I see!lol

Yes I wouldn't mind a wee but an ben in beside the lovely horses. They'd be good neighbours!:lol:

carasmam
07-Nov-09, 08:32
Oh I see!lol

Yes I wouldn't mind a wee but an ben in beside the lovely horses. They'd be good neighbours!:lol:

I'll give you a lend of my tent :lol:

He's one lucky horse :D

Liz
07-Nov-09, 11:28
I'll give you a lend of my tent :lol:

He's one lucky horse :D

Very kind of you!:lol: Might wait until the weather gets warmer though. So could be a few years!lol

Peachie
07-Nov-09, 13:48
Very kind of you!:lol: Might wait until the weather gets warmer though. So could be a few years!lol

lol

hey I wouldnt be so sure Liz, I've just got back from Thomas now and check out the sunshine on the lastest photo I've just added of Thomas and my girls. Its a lovely day, was chilling by loch for ages. :D

P.s
Sure he's been growing over night again, or the children have shrunk!..hmmm

Peachie
07-Nov-09, 14:01
let see if this will attach as all other tries have failed:confused

Liz
07-Nov-09, 14:12
Yeah you got it!!!:lol: The attachment that is.:confused

Really lovely photo and yes better get the tape measure out!!!lol

It is a lovely day and great to see the sun shining again. Still a tad too cold for sleeping in a tent. Would need lots of hot water bottles!

teenybash
07-Nov-09, 20:38
Thomas definately has the WOW factor....He is absolutely georgous and just so cuddly....bet he has the sweetest temprament.......A great big hug for Thomas.:D

Jovi
07-Nov-09, 22:15
Glad you're getting on so well,he's handsome and with full mane and feathers he'll be a stunner.

Peachie
07-Nov-09, 22:34
Glad you're getting on so well,he's handsome and with full mane and feathers he'll be a stunner.

Thanks Jovi, I totally agree:D