PDA

View Full Version : chocolate mousse - Advice

opel
25-Oct-09, 17:19
Hey folks,

I have made individual chocolate mousses today, simple recipe, was very easy to make, it's turned out lovely, really moussey... all fine
except.... as per the recipe i used the most expensive dark plain chocolate (cos that was all that was in the shop..i certainly will NOT be doing it again!,,far to dear)
70 % cocoa..

i have found it is such a strong mousse, this rich chocolate is very over powering. i have piped fresh cream on top, and added broken flake to a few... and the others i have grated mint matchmakers.
so they look alright but i dunno how the folk at dinner are gonnae like them...

so anyways after all that... my question is,,, does anyone use Milk Chocolate instead of the dark plain chocolate, i wid assume they would not be so rich and heavy?

cheers..

Dreamweaver
25-Oct-09, 18:59
Maybe cooking chocolate would be a better bet. I use it for chocolate muffins and they're a dreammmmmmmmm

Jester
25-Oct-09, 19:04
Maybe cooking chocolate would be a better bet. I use it for chocolate muffins and they're a dreammmmmmmmm

My Mum used to be a Cookery teacher at a secondary school, and always used cooking chocolate

Thumper
25-Oct-09, 19:05
I would use half milk and half dark x

Kathy@watten
26-Oct-09, 18:16
Can choclate mousse be too choclatey should be the question, a classy pud should be made with bitter chocolate and poss some booze too! To make less dark cholatey perhaps swirl with vanilla mousse or possibly some white chocolate mousse. For kids just give them angel delight as they won't appriciate the expensive stuff and waste it!

Creme_Egg
28-Oct-09, 14:42
its nothing to do with the chocolate....how diid u lighten the mousse i.e. with whipped cream or egg whites?....the cream is ok if you use white chocolate but if you use milk 37% or dark 70% and up then it is better to use egg whites and before you say no its not dangerous eating whites. hope this helps if you need a good mousse recipie just p'm me