PDA

View Full Version : Handy Hints..

Iffy
25-Oct-09, 17:02
Just wondering if anyone on here has any ideas/hints to make life a wee bit easier....

The only one I can think of at the moment is -

When washing your duvet cover and pillow-cases - always button up or close the end of your duvet beforehand - stops the pillow cases being "caught" up in it during washing - then you dinnae have to "search" for same pillow-cases !!!

Any other ideas for "Handy Hints" ??:)

goldenguernsey
25-Oct-09, 17:09
Don't waste £3.99 on that new Corsodyl toothpaste, it's absolutely disgusting stuff.
Bought it thinking it would be like the mouthwash but it's nothing like it.
It's not even a good colour, kinda dirty red/brown and tastes vile, almost enough to make you vomit.

Cattach
25-Oct-09, 17:17
Don't waste £3.99 on that new Corsodyl toothpaste, it's absolutely disgusting stuff.
It's not even a good colour, kinda dirty red/brown and tastes vile, almost enough to make you vomit.

Anyone who spends £3.99 on a tube of toothpaste derves to be made to vomit! Buy the basic Tesco sensitive at about 99p and you cannot go wrong.

Vistravi
25-Oct-09, 17:32
Just wondering if anyone on here has any ideas/hints to make life a wee bit easier....

The only one I can think of at the moment is -

When washing your duvet cover and pillow-cases - always button up or close the end of your duvet beforehand - stops the pillow cases being "caught" up in it during washing - then you dinnae have to "search" for same pillow-cases !!!

Any other ideas for "Handy Hints" ??:)

It also helps to prevent hand towels and socks ending up inside them and saves hunting for them only for them to fall out when you put the sheets on the clothes horse. :lol:

EDDIE
25-Oct-09, 17:43
Anyone who spends £3.99 on a tube of toothpaste derves to be made to vomit! Buy the basic Tesco sensitive at about 99p and you cannot go wrong.

Does the tesco sensitive have flouride in it ?

Fluff
25-Oct-09, 17:46
always listen to your wife/girlfriend, they are (almost) always right! lol

Invisible
25-Oct-09, 17:48
for me, I find it great to do all my washing at once. I have two weeks worth of clothes both for work and for play, so normally on a Sunday i have baskets full of washing which 3 hours later, is clean! :D

another hint, well maybe advice is that you should be true to yourself and believe in yourself, therefor morale is greater - it worked for me.

MR_A
25-Oct-09, 17:49

I hear that one, even when they are wrong :lol:

telfordstar
25-Oct-09, 17:55

Couldnt of put that better myself :D

cherokee
25-Oct-09, 17:57
Hi Iffy -

My idea for a handy hint - never believe a company which say they are the "BEST" nine times outta ten they are ones you avoid !!

Invisible
25-Oct-09, 18:13
i thought of another one - never be afraid to say no.

Fluff
25-Oct-09, 18:29
[quote=Invisible;612032]i thought of another one - never be afraid to say no.[-[]
or yes for that matter!

Metalattakk
25-Oct-09, 18:30
Dieters: Buy only Russian Alphabetti Spaghetti as there are only 22 letters in the Cyrillic alphabet. Just watch the pounds fall off.

Potholers: Take a tip from cats and avoid getting stuck in holes by growing a moustache to the exact width of your body.
Yeah, I know. Stolen from Viz' Top Tips. ;)

teddybear1873
25-Oct-09, 18:35
Save on ironing costs by giving all your shirts to the Cancer Research, and then buy them back for 50p each.

ciderally
25-Oct-09, 18:52
Save on ironing costs by giving all your shirts to the Cancer Research, and then buy them back for 50p each.
good one but here you will pay 3.50 each if not more.....:roll:

neepnipper
25-Oct-09, 18:53
Hibernate during the winter!

teddybear1873
25-Oct-09, 18:55
good one but here you will pay 3.50 each if not more.....:roll:

Damn. You will get a cheaper shirt from Tesco's.

BINBOB
25-Oct-09, 19:02
Glad u mentioned this,was thinking of buying it soon. Thank u.:D

upolian
25-Oct-09, 19:03
dont wash your car with a sponge ;)

Thumper
25-Oct-09, 19:07
dont buy expensive drain unblockers-just use table salt,soda crystals and white vinegar-works a treat! :) x

EDDIE
25-Oct-09, 19:16
When ever you burn your finger in the kitchen rub soap on it and leave it on to relieve pain

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 19:19

And if not, they will nag you till you say they'r right. ;)

Its best to agree it saves on the headache pills.

Mik.M.
25-Oct-09, 19:20
Wash the car when it`s raining,the cars already wet and it gets rinsed off with nice clean water.Simples.

joxville
25-Oct-09, 20:26
Wash the car when it`s raining,the cars already wet and it gets rinsed off with nice clean water.Simples.

That's what I do.

Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars, simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.

Always poo at work-not only will you save money on toilet paper, but you'll also be getting paid for it.

Weight watchers. Avoid the temptation to guzzle a chocolate bar by not buying it in the first place, you fat git.

northener
25-Oct-09, 20:33
Caught outside in a heavy downpour?

Then simply handcuff yourself to someone who is using an umbrella.

And don't forget that pool cue cases make a handy travelling box for small snakes.

M R
25-Oct-09, 20:51
dont wash your car with a sponge ;)

Nothing wrong with a micro fibre sponge.. Much better than using the cloths

joxville
25-Oct-09, 20:52
Girls. Don't worry about a nice dress for that important first date, all he's interested in is seeing you naked. ;)

upolian
25-Oct-09, 20:55
Nothing wrong with a micro fibre sponge.. Much better than using the cloths

An mf sponge dosnt cut the job,a lambswool mitt takes dirt into the back(it has a very deep pile) therefore not dragging dirt along the paint...anything with sponge in the name your asking for trouble....and microfibre clothes are for buffing off polish or wax not washing;) depends how much you care about your paint,some people are happy with a 99p yellow sponge wether it inflicts scratching or not :Razz

teddybear1873
25-Oct-09, 21:33
Save your water bill. Pee outside (But not in someones garden)

Cattach
25-Oct-09, 22:27
When ever you burn your finger in the kitchen rub soap on it and leave it on to relieve pain

This is a must not do - does not good, old wifes tale!. should put burn under running cold water immediately.

tracy ann
25-Oct-09, 23:48
25-Oct-09 17:35teddybear1873Save on ironing costs by giving all your shirts to the Cancer Research, and then buy them back for 50p each.

made me laugh so much - v funny!!:lol::lol:

A good tip - cut the end off your broccli and place in a jug of water in your fridge - your broccli will last a few weeks and will never go soft (not sure what else you could try this with!!!;))

EDDIE
25-Oct-09, 23:49
This is a must not do - does not good, old wifes tale!. should put burn under running cold water immediately.

If you run cold water over a burn the sting does come back once u stop the water running even thou thats what your supposed to do but if u rub a we bit of soap over it and leave the soap on it doesnt sting so much i often get burn marks on my fingers im very clumsy person
Try it

sweetpea
26-Oct-09, 00:39

Good one, have to agree it makes life a lot simpler all round[lol]

teddybear1873
26-Oct-09, 03:40
If someone cholks on an ice cube, don't panic. Pure boiling water down there throat....

For any idiots out there I am joking.

upolian
26-Oct-09, 08:03
pour a little anti freeze in an outside hose,connect to wall,let water run through slow have somebody watch the other end when it almost appears,turn the tap off,hose wont freeze ;)

northener
26-Oct-09, 13:41
If you hit yourself on the thumb when using a hammer - then be more careful next time.

To avoid falling off a cliff into the sea - move to Switzerland.

Stig
26-Oct-09, 14:58
pour a little anti freeze in an outside hose,connect to wall,let water run through slow have somebody watch the other end when it almost appears,turn the tap off,hose wont freeze ;)

Better still disconnect hose and take it inside. Less hassle and only a one man job.

lasher
26-Oct-09, 15:06
Never heard anything so stupid in my life!! Where does the antifreeze go when you use the hose the next time!!

Miss Mack
26-Oct-09, 17:29
Girls. Don't worry about a nice dress for that important first date, all he's interested in is seeing you naked. ;)
;) Funny:lol:

upolian
26-Oct-09, 20:20
Never heard anything so stupid in my life!! Where does the antifreeze go when you use the hose the next time!!

you plug hose in water runs through flushes it out....alot of valeters do this in winter to prevent hose freeze,i dont tend to store my equipment in my house,nothing stupid about it,people have different methods this works for me,please tell me why this is stupid?do you think the anti freeze goes on what ever your spraying?:lol::lol: common sense....

Invisible
26-Oct-09, 20:31
how bout don't steal someone elses quotes from the org and pass them off as your own by putting them on facebook. sorry jox lol

teddybear1873
26-Oct-09, 20:34
If you hit yourself on the thumb when using a hammer - then be more careful next time.

To avoid falling off a cliff into the sea - move to Switzerland.

Or if you hit your thumb, straight away hit your big toe with a hammer to take your mind of your sore thumb.

Vistravi
26-Oct-09, 23:50

Aye it is a very common fact that most men are after what they see on the outside not what is inside. It's also a very common fact that most women after a certain age of course look at what is inside and not what is on the outside. Hence why a man such as yourself would get a second look :Razz:D

northener
27-Oct-09, 00:10
To help avoid having a miserable existance...kill yoursef immediately...

Peace and love.