PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu Poll

brandy
24-Oct-09, 23:55
ok so crayola dosent get all the polls *G*
just curious since there has been such a debate how many of us would take the vaccine?
the first two are more for if you have kids and would agress/not agree to have the vaccine and the others are more
for yourself and not your family.

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 00:02
No hesitation, yes.

butterfly
25-Oct-09, 00:04
And yes for me too.

M R
25-Oct-09, 01:54
NO, i am imune to it now.

htwood
25-Oct-09, 04:49
I would have it after all the highrisk groups have received it, but I wouldnt beg to cut in line. Highrisk meaning the very young, very old and immunosuppressed. I've already had the seasonal flu vaccine this year.

Gizmo
25-Oct-09, 08:50
I didn't vote, as there wasn't an option that suited me, I personally wouldn't bother getting the vaccine, as i have very little contact with people on a daily basis, but my family are free to make up their own mind about getting it, or not.

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 11:21
I havent voted either. Im not keen on getting the vaccine, i can tell that they are going to pretty much force me to do it because of my stupid immune system. But i really dont want it. Dont want Athrun to get it either and my OH doesnt want it.

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 12:26
I havent voted either. Im not keen on getting the vaccine, i can tell that they are going to pretty much force me to do it because of my stupid immune system. But i really dont want it. Dont want Athrun to get it either and my OH doesnt want it.

Who is going to force you ??. complain to the boys in blue

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 12:29
Who is going to force you ??. complain to the boys in blue

Huh.....doesnt matter, read the post. :roll:

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 12:54
Huh.....doesnt matter, read the post. :roll:

I did, and read it agai but don't see who is going to force you. :roll:

My immune system has been messed about for the last 20 years through medications, but no one forced me or will force me to take medications or inoculations. Why you ??.

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 13:13
I did, and read it agai but don't see who is going to force you. :roll:

My immune system has been messed about for the last 20 years through medications, but no one forced me or will force me to take medications or inoculations. Why you ??.

Im not about to speak about my medical status on a public forum to be honest. So we will just leave the matter! :D

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 13:43
Im not about to speak about my medical status on a public forum to be honest. So we will just leave the matter! :D

I can understand your not wanting to say precisely but why state it and then clam up. But never mind. :confused

teenybash
25-Oct-09, 14:07
My answer is, no I won't take the vaccine...........didn't vote as no option for me.....family all grown up..............I have an over active immune system and very rarely have trouble with colds, flu etc.....'touch wood.'

roadbowler
25-Oct-09, 14:42
yes, poll is biased seeing there are three ways to say yes but, only one way to say no and should include a no without including children brandy! However, interesting that if you count the people who didna vote but, still don't want to take it or aren't going to take it the nos' are leading the poll.

brandy
25-Oct-09, 14:47
ok, i think two of my answers are confusing people.. the are you nuts one.. is for no i personally would not have it. this is for myself and no one else kind
and the yes im waiting in line .. is yes for my self and no one else..
was just being cheeky, as there was such a heated debate on the swine flu on another post for and against. *Laughs* sorry if it was confusing..
but basically its
1: yes for me and family
2: no for me and family
3: no for myself
4i dont know
5 yes for myself
hope that clears it up

Venture
25-Oct-09, 15:56
I didn't vote, as there wasn't an option that suited me, I personally wouldn't bother getting the vaccine, as i have very little contact with people on a daily basis, but my family are free to make up their own mind about getting it, or not.
So you think because you don't come into contact on a regular basis with other people that this will stop you contacting any viruses or in this case swine flu? So what about when you shop in Tescos. There are lots of people there sneezing and coughing in the aisles, some even into their hands and then transferring the germs to the money they pay their shopping with. The money perhaps you get back in your change in your hand. I dont see any antibacterial hand wash at the checkouts, do you? Viruses can be transmitted in many different ways and although you may not be meeting others on a regular basis your wife and child will be and who knows if they are carriers or not. Worth thinking about perhaps?

Gizmo
25-Oct-09, 16:18
So you think because you don't come into contact on a regular basis with other people that this will stop you contacting any viruses or in this case swine flu?

Of course i don't think that, but the risk is lower for me because i spend very little time in anyones company but my own. The whole swine flu situation is a fuss over nowt, so i'll take my chances.

So what about when you shop in Tescos. There are lots of people there sneezing and coughing in the aisles, some even into their hands and then transferring the germs to the money they pay their shopping with. The money perhaps you get back in your change in your hand.

Paying for your shopping with cash?...how very old fashioned :lol: I've never paid for shopping with cash for years.

But yeah, there is a small risk from cantaminated money, just a small risk though, as the flu virus only survives for a matter minutes once it leaves your body.

Venture
25-Oct-09, 16:34
Of course i don't think that, but the risk is lower for me because i spend very little time in anyones company but my own. The whole swine flu situation is a fuss over nowt, so i'll take my chances.

Paying for your shopping with cash?...how very old fashioned :lol: I've never paid for shopping with cash for years.

But yeah, there is a small risk from cantaminated money, just a small risk though, as the flu virus only survives for a matter minutes once it leaves your body.

You're right the majority of us pay for shopping with a bank card but have you ever paid for a single newspaper with one? How many of us don't handle coins at some point during our daily lives?

Vistravi
25-Oct-09, 17:30
I'm on the fence. Not sure yet. Shall need to speak to my gp about it as i am in a high risk group. Can't say which one. ;)

Gizmo
25-Oct-09, 18:24
You're right the majority of us pay for shopping with a bank card but have you ever paid for a single newspaper with one? How many of us don't handle coins at some point during our daily lives?

But i wasn't talking about everyone else, i was talking about me (and i'm very different than most of you), i buy a paper twice a week, usually with cash, but i can go 4 or 5 days without even touching any other cash.

You really do sound like you have fallen for all the media hype surrounding Swine Flu?

Venture
25-Oct-09, 18:29
Actually you couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. [lol]

brandy
26-Oct-09, 11:10
wow , looks like more is against than for at the moment...

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 00:19
wow , looks like more is against than for at the moment...

This is in line with a poll I saw tonight on either the Guardian or the Independent web site.