PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the public urinating thread??

BRIE
24-Oct-09, 22:26
anyone know where this thread disappeared to? looks like Tracyx disappeared with it too!:(

Venture
24-Oct-09, 22:31
Tracy x and the thread have moved to Portgower.;):lol:

northener
24-Oct-09, 22:31
Dunno, wasn't getting out of hand last time I went on it.

Can the OP ask for the thread to be pulled? Just a thought.

Phill
24-Oct-09, 22:34
Turns out it was the Vampires of Portgower that were peeing in her garden and they don't take any prisoners.....shhhh...they may come for you next!

Who's tapping on my window at this time of ni......

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 22:39
It looks like it was all a wind up and the poster is off the members list now.

tracy x
24-Oct-09, 22:43
i made the decision to remove the thread and i have had no warnings or been removed from this site.

BRIE
24-Oct-09, 22:45
Thats a shame:( I was enjoying the banter!:(

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 22:48
i made the decision to remove the thread and i have had no warnings or been removed from this site.

No one said you were removed from the site!!!:roll:

No one said you were given warnings!!!:roll:

But you did admit to exaggeration.

tracy x
24-Oct-09, 22:48
Thats a shame:( I was enjoying the banter!:(

i was enjoying the banter too - sadly some folk became offensive so i made the decision to remove it.
after speaking to other orgers it seems that this often happens... i have learnt my lesson and will not post again and now hope that this matter will close.

tracy x
24-Oct-09, 22:50

No one said you were given warnings!!!:roll:

But you did admit to exaggeration.

for crying out loud i made a statement - i am not saying that anyone has said this about me... are you trying to make trouble?

northener
24-Oct-09, 22:52
Ah well, I was enjoying that thread.

But, it's your thread and your right to do as you see fit.

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 22:52
i was enjoying the banter too - sadly some folk became offensive so i made the decision to remove it.
after speaking to other orgers it seems that this often happens... i have learnt my lesson and will not post again and now hope that this matter will close.

As far as i can remember no one was offensive to you.All that was said by members on here was that they didnt quite believe it was happening as often as you said it was.Then you admited that you had exaggerated!!!

tracy x
24-Oct-09, 23:02
As far as i can remember no one was offensive to you.All that was said by members on here was that they didnt quite believe it was happening as often as you said it was.Then you admited that you had exaggerated!!!

to be called a liar is offensive....

i explained before the thread was removed that i did exaggerate whilst i was very upset and angry - i also apologised for this mistake as i was clearly being English and over sensitive which is not a good mix - through the Summer it was every week and often more than once - i suggested (my opinion only) that this could have been with the increase of tourists?
i wish this discussion could now end as there must be more important things to talk about - surely?
as for me moving to Port Gower - i drove through only today and quite liked it so who knows :confused

Rheghead
24-Oct-09, 23:04
Middens out o' plops?:confused

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 23:12
[quote=tracy x;611626]to be called a liar is offensive....

i explained before the thread was removed that i did exaggerate

Now now,no one said you were a liar!
I have just stated what you freely admit to yourself!:roll:

tracy x
24-Oct-09, 23:17
[quote=tracy x;611626]to be called a liar is offensive....

i explained before the thread was removed that i did exaggerate

Now now,no one said you were a liar!
I have just stated what you freely admit to yourself!:roll:

mmmm - someone did actually say i was a liar - but to be honest i cannot debate the matter anymore...
time to move on.

teddybear1873
24-Oct-09, 23:31
It was only a peein thread, god help it wasn't an Eartha Kitt one.

M R
24-Oct-09, 23:43
You need thick skin on here. A thread like that was bound to turn into a laugh............now you've calmed down, laugh it off, :Razz chill, :cool: have a dram, :confused oh, must nip to the loo.

teddybear1873
24-Oct-09, 23:50
You need thick skin on here. A thread like that was bound to turn into a laugh............now you've calmed down, laugh it off, :Razz chill, :cool: have a dram, :confused oh, must nip to the loo.

Is that oot or inside haha?

M R
24-Oct-09, 23:59
:) why do i need to type 10 characters :)

shazzap
25-Oct-09, 00:10

Apparently not everyone who joins the Org is on the members list.

Metalattakk
25-Oct-09, 01:16

Eh? (And yes, I've added these just to fulfil the criteria!)

Nacho
25-Oct-09, 01:29

to prove your sobriety i want you to type from 1 to 10 and back again without veering off into qwertyuiop

M R
25-Oct-09, 01:49

All that was needed was a :)

But as i'm sure you know, you must use 10 characters

Alan16
25-Oct-09, 05:01

The background isn't quite the same sort of white as the text... :Razz

BINBOB
25-Oct-09, 10:09

Does not take long to learn that on here ,tracy. Avoid them like the plague[ or swine flu].There are many who know each other and they either show their mates favour or kick them when they are already down.

Be careful in the future.;)

BINBOB
25-Oct-09, 10:10
for crying out loud i made a statement - i am not saying that anyone has said this about me... are you trying to make trouble?

Very likely ....beware.!!!:lol:

BINBOB
25-Oct-09, 10:11
why do i need to type 10 characters

That is another silly rule.;);)

Leanne
25-Oct-09, 10:16

Nothing to say on this matter except there is a word for people who do what you have just done - wind up merchent ;)

EDDIE
25-Oct-09, 10:25

I think its terrible to create a thread to have a moan about something that happens every day through no fault of there own no one can predict when they need to go and then to remove the thread because you get replys back that u dont aprove off thats bad.
Tracey if you post messages on any forum not every will agree with your views thats just the way things its up to u to put your point across to anyone that disagrees with u thats the whole point of a forum it would be a very boring forum if everyone agreed with one another.

horseman
25-Oct-09, 10:30
Be real here,it was only someone taking the piss!

telfordstar
25-Oct-09, 11:51

The word spade and big hole comes to mind!!!!

Oddquine
25-Oct-09, 12:19
I think its terrible to create a thread to have a moan about something that happens every day through no fault of there own no one can predict when they need to go and then to remove the thread because you get replys back that u dont aprove off thats bad.
Tracey if you post messages on any forum not every will agree with your views thats just the way things its up to u to put your point across to anyone that disagrees with u thats the whole point of a forum it would be a very boring forum if everyone agreed with one another.

I didn't get the impression her reason for removing was because she got replies she did not like but that she realised she shouldn't have posted when angry and irritated. I'd have preferred to see the thread closed......if only because it would have saved the interminable org propensity for threads for the purposes of stirring.

Have to say the org is becoming pretty boring in the General Section anyway, because what we don't tend to get are threads with people politely disagreeing with other's opinions but threads chastising people for holding those opinions.

The org General Section is slowly becoming a whinefest of opinions about other posters with little to recommend it to those interested in Caithness and life in Caithness.

upolian
25-Oct-09, 12:38
people taking things to serious as usual

achingale
25-Oct-09, 12:44
For what it was worth I found it interesting and funny at times.

parkie
25-Oct-09, 13:04
every body got peed off with it;)

butterfly
25-Oct-09, 13:28
Very likely ....beware.!!!:lol:

Speak for yourself!There's no one more than you that throws the rattle out the pram when faced with a difference of opinion.

Exactly!

catran
25-Oct-09, 14:49
For what it was worth I found it interesting and funny at times.

Yes it was quite funny, I came up from Inverness yesterday and only saw two for Sale signs at Clyth but no "No peeing notices on either"

northener
25-Oct-09, 14:57
I go through Mid Clyth fairly regularly....I was hoping to be able to suss out which house it was....and then....just for a wind up..........

teddybear1873
25-Oct-09, 15:16
Yes it was quite funny, I came up from Inverness yesterday and only saw two for Sale signs at Clyth but no "No peeing notices on either"

Did you see any humans at Portgower on your passing by any chance lol?

lasher
26-Oct-09, 14:57
I go through Mid Clyth fairly regularly....I was hoping to be able to suss out which house it was....and then....just for a wind up..........
We was on about it in the pub, think we all thought it would be great laugh finding out where at was and having a leak
!!!!

Oddquine
26-Oct-09, 17:08
We was on about it in the pub, think we all thought it would be great laugh finding out where at was and having a leak
!!!!

I should think that if you are male, then there would be little to see which could offend..even through binoculars.

Large females with bare untanned bums would be a different proposition of course.

But the fact that people would even think that post and some of the previous ones were funny simply illustrates the childish mentality which is taking over the org one thread at a time. :(

katarina
26-Oct-09, 17:17
I think some of you should lighten up. It was the first entertaining thread we've had for a while. Don't think anyone set out to deliberately offend you Tracy - guess it's just our Caithness humour. Anyone moving up here and starting a thread that does invite a bit of back chat, has to learn to take it on the chin!
Mostly I find this board has become a trifle boring. It's refreshing to have a good laugh now and again.
Maybe you found my querying the authenticity of your statement offensive (it wasn't intentional)
- but thank you for brightening up my day anyway!

Shabbychic
26-Oct-09, 17:56
I should think that if you are male, then there would be little to see which could offend..even through binoculars.

Large females with bare untanned bums would be a different proposition of course.

What about small females with bare tanned bums?? Surely that is discrimination between tanned and untanned bums, and small or large females.:D:D

Rheghead
26-Oct-09, 17:59
I know which type I'd want to get a glimpse of...

Shabbychic
26-Oct-09, 18:03
I think some of you should lighten up. It was the first entertaining thread we've had for a while. Don't think anyone set out to deliberately offend you Tracy - guess it's just our Caithness humour. Anyone moving up here and starting a thread that does invite a bit of back chat, has to learn to take it on the chin!
Mostly I find this board has become a trifle boring. It's refreshing to have a good laugh now and again.
Maybe you found my querying the authenticity of your statement offensive (it wasn't intentional)

Agree with you katarina. The Public Urination and Portgower threads are the most entertaining threads we have had on here for ages. I don't believe anyone set out to upset anyone. They were just lightening up a board that has lacked humour for quite a while.:)

Perhaps if the board lightened up a bit, some of the "old" posters would come back.:cool:

zeppellin
26-Oct-09, 18:04
I know which type I'd want to get a glimpse of...
If that's you in your avitar, then a glimpse is all you'll get.:Razz

northener
26-Oct-09, 18:04

Oddquine, your childish comment has hurt me deeply......;)

peace and love.

Rheghead
26-Oct-09, 18:08
If that's you in your avitar, then a glimpse is all you'll get.:Razz

Thanks for that my ol' moth to my flame.

maverick
26-Oct-09, 18:11
one feels that the public urinating thread got flushed down the chanty..

Oddquine
26-Oct-09, 18:20

Problem isn't daft threads, imo...........it is daft threads on the back of one which the OP had decided was a mistake.

What is the point of an OP being able to ask a mod for the removal of a thread after explaining on that thread why she intended to ask for the removal.......for somebody else to come on and start a thread harking back.

Is it not a fact that either management has removed the thread for their own reasons......in which case it has nothing to do with us....or the OP has requested removal, in which case it has nothing to do with us.

Threads don't just disappear into thin air...and asking where they are is stirring, imo....because wherever it has gone........it has gone for a reason which has nothing to do with us.

katarina
26-Oct-09, 20:34
like I say - lighten up! live and let live and all that.

ClachanHope
26-Oct-09, 21:04
Tracy x and the thread have moved to Portgower.;):lol:

lol what a delight to get a good laugh on here, it's been too gloomy recently:lol: