PDA

View Full Version : Making A Mountain Out of a Mole Hill...

emc246
24-Oct-09, 15:17
I really need to address this situation and felt that here was the best place to do it.
A couple of nights ago I got up in the middle of the night, disorientated, and ending up having a pretty bad accident - in the dark and not with my senses about me - I tripped and went flying into my window/radiator and ended up bursting open my lip and bashing my head pretty badly also.
It wasn't till I saw all the blood and a cracked window (there single glazed windows and I have a pretty hard head lol), that I was alert suddenly and began to panic and scream in fright.
Plus, I was home alone - even worse. I managed to phone an ambulance even though I was panicing and in shock.
I've since had a few stitches in my lip and am fine other than that - but that's not the point, it's the false rumours and exaggerations going around the town about it that's bugging me.
A silly accident has suddenly become speculation that someone did this to me, or it was an argument/fight that lead this to happen. This is all 100% not true. I was home alone, so for people to accuse my partner of actually doing this, it makes me angry and upset.
He got a bigger fright than me because of what happened to me, it could have been a lot worse, I'm quite lucky I just got a burst lip...so you can imagine how hurtful it is to hear these false rumours.
He'd never cause me harm and anyone who is gossiping about this incident and saying anything to the contrary, you are causing nothing but worry and upset to people who were already feeling that way in the first place.
A mountain is being made out of a mole hill and considering the fact that nobody was actually there when it happened, except myself of course, I find it quite shocking that so many people claim to have "seen this or that", "heard this or that" and are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6.
I suppose when they are gossiping about it, telling people I was thrown through a window, beaten up, etc, etc - sounds a lot better than the boring true story of what REALLY happened.
So there, the record has been set straight and that should be end of story. A big fuss over nothing!

teddybear1873
24-Oct-09, 15:22
I really need to address this situation and felt that here was the best place to do it.
A couple of nights ago I got up in the middle of the night, disorientated, and ending up having a pretty bad accident - in the dark and not with my senses about me - I tripped and went flying into my window/radiator and ended up bursting open my lip and bashing my head pretty badly also.
It wasn't till I saw all the blood and a cracked window (there single glazed windows and I have a pretty hard head lol), that I was alert suddenly and began to panic and scream in fright.
Plus, I was home alone - even worse. I managed to phone an ambulance even though I was panicing and in shock.
I've since had a few stitches in my lip and am fine other than that - but that's not the point, it's the false rumours and exaggerations going around the town about it that's bugging me.
A silly accident has suddenly become speculation that someone did this to me, or it was an argument/fight that lead this to happen. This is all 100% not true. I was home alone, so for people to accuse my partner of actually doing this, it makes me angry and upset.
He got a bigger fright than me because of what happened to me, it could have been a lot worse, I'm quite lucky I just got a burst lip...so you can imagine how hurtful it is to hear these false rumours.
He'd never cause me harm and anyone who is gossiping about this incident and saying anything to the contrary, you are causing nothing but worry and upset to people who were already feeling that way in the first place.
A mountain is being made out of a mole hill and considering the fact that nobody was actually there when it happened, except myself of course, I find it quite shocking that so many people claim to have "seen this or that", "heard this or that" and are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6.
I suppose when they are gossiping about it, telling people I was thrown through a window, beaten up, etc, etc - sounds a lot better than the boring true story of what REALLY happened.
So there, the record has been set straight and that should be end of story. A big fuss over nothing!

Glad to hear your on the mend. Thats Caithness folk for you. They like having a chinwag and adding arms and legs.

You fart at Woolies and by the time you reach the railway station, It's thunder.

joxville
24-Oct-09, 15:25
Come on, it's a small community, what do you expect? You know the truth, your partner knows the truth, that all that matters. Sod everyone else.

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-09, 15:35
Im really not sure what to make of that to be honest. Its quite an open post.

Rumors are rumors...we all get a rumor spread about us at some point in Caithness. Maybe yes some more serious than others but there is no need to justify yourself if you know what exactly happened.

What does it matter what other people think?

Are you recovering well though as i can imagine it would have been a bit scary for you.

horseman
24-Oct-09, 15:41
Thats not the way I got it!
You chinned him,smacked a 'heavy 'over his head-an said that he was an imposter an unknown to you.
So in return he was obliged to upend your good self -an spank the ---out of your butt!
Strange how those things sometimes get twisted;)

Blast!
24-Oct-09, 15:57
Thats Caithness folk for you. They like having a chinwag and adding arms and legs.

Nothing like a good ol' gross generalisation to liven things up.

Mind you, not surprising from one of the mob who follow follow this line of thought...

:D

brandy
24-Oct-09, 16:00
sorry to hear the rumour mill is running rampant again.. its all well and good to say to ignore it, and get over the rumours.. but at the end of the day, rumours like this can ruin a persons life. not only is it horrible but it is very damaging to a persons reputation. how would any of you like to be label as a child molester, or rapist or wife beater.. even though its not true, once that word gets out.. no one will ever believe you.
all we have in this world is our word, and at the end of the day it does matter what people think of you. in as far as getting a job, being able to go out in public without people glaring at you, being ostracised, we are social creatures so being unjustly made into something we are not is very damaging.
im so sorry this has happened to you, i hate that the caithness grape vine has caused distress and upset. hopefully you will get it all sorted out and every one set straight!

riggerboy
24-Oct-09, 16:22
sorry dont believe a word you wrote, i think the truth is what ever the rumours are, plus they are more interesting than the load of waffle you wrote, i think he tried to do you in, threw a window at your head and burst yer lip with a live elephant or something like that smashed yer heid in with a radiator when the heating was on adding to injury with scalding hot water, then made a cuppa tea and thought to himself

i`ll tell her she was sleep walking or having a dream ???

northener
24-Oct-09, 16:31
Tell 'em to get stuffed. Village idiots who have no lives whatsoever and can only entertain themselves by pulling down someone else. What they don't know, they will happily make up.

You know the truth - and that's all that counts.

BINBOB
24-Oct-09, 17:14
I hope u get AND feel better real soon.
Do not worry..it will be a 9 day wonder...u know the truth,ignore[ not easy.i know] the rumour mongers.;)

Mik.M.
24-Oct-09, 18:22
Some folk will never let the truth get in the way of a good gossip story.:roll:

Alan16
24-Oct-09, 18:26
I hope u get AND feel better real soon.
Do not worry..it will be a 9 day wonder...u know the truth,ignore[ not easy.i know] the rumour mongers.;)

That is the most eclectic collection of punctuation I've ever seen. :Razz

unicorn
24-Oct-09, 18:31
I hope you are recovering. My granny always said if they are talking about you they are giving some other pour soul a break. Sad but true.

BINBOB
24-Oct-09, 18:48
That is the most eclectic collection of punctuation I've ever seen. :Razz

As long as ur happy.:D;)

DanaFlett
24-Oct-09, 19:20
That''s caithness people for you they are all the same,and i dont care who see's this,and what they dont know they make it up,makes you sick.[evil]

Vistravi
24-Oct-09, 19:23
That''s caithness people for you they are all the same,and i dont care who see's this,and what they dont know they make it up,makes you sick.[evil]

Agree with you there. Most caithness people are much happier making up rubbish about you than telling the truth.[disgust]

jim baxter
24-Oct-09, 19:53
it would have been worse if you said you lived in portgower

telfordstar
24-Oct-09, 20:24
I have no idea who you and certinly havnt heard any rummers about anyone being beat up. If you ask me you are just looking for people to speak about you by posting it on here!!

I find this a strange post to make :confused

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 20:29

Keep your sweeping statements for the people that are talking about you,we're not all tarred with the same brush.[evil] Your going the right way though to make enemies on here!

teddybear1873
24-Oct-09, 20:30
I have no idea who you and certinly havnt heard any rummers about anyone being beat up. If you ask me you are just looking for people to speak about you by posting it on here!!

I find this a strange post to make :confused

I don't find it strange, just someone who is venting on what happened.

Give the lassie a break.

telfordstar
24-Oct-09, 20:42
I wasnt "not giving her a break" just think maybe say it to the people invilved instead of broadcasting it on here. That was all.

unicorn
24-Oct-09, 20:45

Agree with you there. Most caithness people are much happier making up rubbish about you than telling the truth.[disgust]

I think the generalisation of a whole county by you both is absolutely horrible.
There are good and bad everywhere but all you have both done is make yourselves look bad with posts like that.
We all face gossip at some point in life the key is to hold your head high and get on with life.

Phill
24-Oct-09, 20:50

"And if you tell that to the youth of today, they won't believe you."

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 20:54
I wasnt "not giving her a break" just think maybe say it to the people invilved instead of broadcasting it on here. That was all.

I quite agree with you Telfordstar.Emc246,you should confront those people who are supposedly talking about you and nip it in the bud with them.

butterfly
24-Oct-09, 20:55
I think the generalisation of a whole county by you both is absolutely horrible.
There are good and bad everywhere but all you have both done is make yourselves look bad with posts like that.
We all face gossip at some point in life the key is to hold your head high and get on with life.

Agree,but i think this thread is another wind up...............

telfordstar
24-Oct-09, 21:10
Agree,but i think this thread is another wind up...............

Yip i agree with you there i think!!!!

Kevin Milkins
24-Oct-09, 21:52
You fart at Woolies and by the time you reach the railway station, It's thunder.

Lies and rumors really make me angry.. :mad:

Everyone knows Woolies closed down ages ago. ;)

Phill
24-Oct-09, 22:12
Everyone knows Woolies closed down ages ago.

WHAT! !:eek:

northener
24-Oct-09, 22:23
Lies and rumors really make me angry.. :mad:

Everyone knows Woolies closed down ages ago. ;)

I heard Mohammed has bought it......

emc246
25-Oct-09, 00:24
I wrote my post on here as I knew it would be read by a lot of people - including hopefully people who are gossiping. Its a good way to address a situation - as if I was to confront the people making the lies and rumours up - it would take me forever and a day. Because I've lost count of how many people are making up these lies.
I am an honest and open person and have no shame in what I wrote, because at the end of the day, my partner is being accused of something he never did and that is why I wrote this post.
Because accusing him of things like that could cause a lot of damage, and it was a scary enough thing for us to go through - because I could've been hurt a lot worse than I was - without people and their smart arse comments and lies.
I was brave enough to wear my heart on my sleeve and not allow all these people to get away with their false accusations and lies - I was defending my man and I am quite right in doing so.
Any of you thinking this is "made up" or done for attention, are as bad as those who started making their lies up about what happened to me.
The Internet is the perfect place to get my point across and hopefully, set the story straight because people have no right saying what they are saying about it.

emc246
25-Oct-09, 00:31
That is really sick actually, making a joke about it.
My lip burst open and poured with blood, I got the fright of my life. Plus I had a possible concussion. And yet people feel the need to write "jokes" and sarcastic comments instead.
I should've known writing a post on here would also lead to the usual cocky people coming with their replies and speculation.
I wrote the post, not to broadcast my personal life - but to be read hopefully by the malicious and nasty people accusing my man of hurting me, no one should stand for being called a woman beater when they are nothing of the sort.
Rumours are rumours - that is just evil in my eyes.

sorry dont believe a word you wrote, i think the truth is what ever the rumours are, plus they are more interesting than the load of waffle you wrote, i think he tried to do you in, threw a window at your head and burst yer lip with a live elephant or something like that smashed yer heid in with a radiator when the heating was on adding to injury with scalding hot water, then made a cuppa tea and thought to himself

Stavro
25-Oct-09, 00:42
I wrote my post on here as I knew it would be read by a lot of people - including hopefully people who are gossiping. Its a good way to address a situation - as if I was to confront the people making the lies and rumours up - it would take me forever and a day. Because I've lost count of how many people are making up these lies.
I am an honest and open person and have no shame in what I wrote, because at the end of the day, my partner is being accused of something he never did and that is why I wrote this post.
Because accusing him of things like that could cause a lot of damage, and it was a scary enough thing for us to go through - because I could've been hurt a lot worse than I was - without people and their smart arse comments and lies.
I was brave enough to wear my heart on my sleeve and not allow all these people to get away with their false accusations and lies - I was defending my man and I am quite right in doing so.
Any of you thinking this is "made up" or done for attention, are as bad as those who started making their lies up about what happened to me.
The Internet is the perfect place to get my point across and hopefully, set the story straight because people have no right saying what they are saying about it.

Two questions: If it was dark and you were home alone, why did you not switch the light on? And, unrelated, did you get your dog back after she and her puppies were taken away?

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 00:46
I heard Mohammed has bought it......

Not the Al Farthead.

tonkatojo
25-Oct-09, 00:48
Two questions: If it was dark and you were home alone, why did you not switch the light on? And, unrelated, did you get your dog back after she and her puppies were taken away?

Emc 246, don't tell him, there are to many nosey parkers here.

Stavro
25-Oct-09, 01:24

But if it was the middle of the night and you were home alone, then where was your "partner"?

If he was working away or on shifts, then that would be the end of the rumour before it started, and there would be no need for this thread.

You keep repeating that you were home alone, as if to emphasize something.

:eek:

butterfly
25-Oct-09, 01:29

I fully understand what your saying and do sympathise with you and hope you are ok now.Apologies for thinking it's a wind up.As for the jokers,i think it's the rumour bit,not your injurys,they are laughing at. As Unicorn says we all have to deal with rumours at some point,best to hold your head up high and just ignore.Tomorrow they will be talking about someone else!

M R
25-Oct-09, 01:47
How can you not find some humour in this. Yes this post is trying to set the record straight, but seriously, if you really need 100% sympathy then caithness.org is not the place, certainly not in the General section.

There is a huge range or personalitys on here, this is saturday night, i expect there are a few with a tinny or dram beside them, maybe it's counceling you need. Sounds very traumatic falling over in the middle of the night, by yourself.

butterfly
25-Oct-09, 02:11
Aye you can get a wide range of responses and not all of them to your liking but that's the gamble you take when you post.

Nacho
25-Oct-09, 02:55

i'm sure that nobody is making a joke of your injuries,
and i'm certain that there are many many orgers who have accidentally ended up with facial bruises who have then worried about the general public thinking they must be some sort of pished bampot ... i know i've been in this position.

whenever folk see a black eye or a bruise, they automatically think ...'aye aye, he/she's had a good night'

at the end of the day , who gives a fig about what strangers think about you or your man ?

the insensitive remarks you've received in this thread surely won't surprise you though, this is the orgers alternative way of healing your wounds ...

riggerboy
25-Oct-09, 09:12
i wasnt making a joke of your accident more the fact of how people can make up a rumour and spread it,
i really dont give a if the people are or are not telling the truth on here, i feel sorry for you for the fact the that you hurt yourself, but if you wish to come on here and tell all then you had better make sure you are ready for what comes back at you, not all on here have the ears of god,

My lip burst open and poured with blood, I got the fright of my life. Plus I had a possible concussion. And yet people feel the need to write "jokes" and sarcastic comments instead.
I should've known writing a post on here would also lead to the usual cocky people coming with their replies and speculation.
I wrote the post, not to broadcast my personal life - but to be read hopefully by the malicious and nasty people accusing my man of hurting me, no one should stand for being called a woman beater when they are nothing of the sort.
Rumours are rumours - that is just evil in my eyes.

Bazeye
25-Oct-09, 10:00
You shouldnt have posted that on here, the rumours now doing the rounds in Barrow in Furness and south Cumbria. Seriously though, hows the radiator?:lol:

riggerboy
25-Oct-09, 10:08
on all accounts the radiator is completely knackered both valves are kapute, what have you heard in cumbria ???? just to see if it s the same as up here,

no malice is intended with this reply, it is now getting to the point that the mole hill is now everest, just goes to show better to keep yer mouth shut than to air yer washing in public

achingale
25-Oct-09, 12:41
Emc246, that's just what happens here in Caithness, and elsewhere it has to be said. If nothing is happening someone will make something happen or turn the afore mentioned mole hill into a mountain. A friend of mine spoke to a journalist about a book she had done and mentioned a story -a true story and mentioned no names whatsoever- that someone read and thought was about his family, and it was not. It was a case of 'Well if that is what he wants to believe then that is up to him.' You have to be a bit philosphical at times, but it must have been hard when your oh was getting the blame. I hope you are feeling better now.

Phill
25-Oct-09, 12:50
Barrow in Furness scares me more than Portgower!

Bazeye
25-Oct-09, 13:25
Barrow in Furness scares me more than Portgower!

Scares me too and I live here.:)

Vistravi
25-Oct-09, 16:33

I said "most" in my post. there are some really good people in caithness but i am a awful cynic and i have met alot of caithnessians who just wanted to make up muck about someone instead of accepting what the person said.
Its like the org there are posters we like to avoid, i think the same about some people who live in caithness. But as i said i'm a awful cynic so don't take my word for it ;)

Stavro
27-Oct-09, 23:59
But if it was the middle of the night and you were home alone, then where was your "partner"?

If he was working away or on shifts, then that would be the end of the rumour before it started, and there would be no need for this thread.

You keep repeating that you were home alone, as if to emphasize something.

I have dug up this thread because something bothers me about it. The story just does not ring true in my opinion. I have to ask again: emc246, if it was the middle of the night and you were home alone, then where was your "partner"?

Did you phone him straight away? Did he come straight over from where he was?

trix
28-Oct-09, 00:20
god luv ye's guys - oh how iv mist ye's [lol] [lol]

butterfly
28-Oct-09, 00:21
You got your Sherlock Holmes hat on Stavro?;)

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 00:25
You got your Sherlock Holmes hat on Stavro?;)

:D

As the great man would say: "Give me the facts; just the facts."

squidge
28-Oct-09, 00:35
Seems she HAS given you the facts stavro and you just arent happy with them. :roll:

When i came to live in Caithness I was told that what people dont know about you they make up. I tried to make sure that people knew pretty much everything i was about. The only way to deal with gossip like this is to smile, nod sagely and wink broadly - then go on and get on with the other things that you have to do.

Emc246 when people were talking about me i used to think well at tleast they are talking about ME and not someone who cares about it. Oh and sorry tobe the one to tell you this but it will be a nine day wonder - see when your bruises and cuts have gone - so will the gossip.

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 00:43
Seems she HAS given you the facts stavro and you just arent happy with them. :roll:

Show me where she has answered the questions, squidgey, and I'll have a look there.

For your information, asking questions on someone's thread is not gossip.

squidge
28-Oct-09, 00:58
Show me where she has answered the questions, squidgey, and I'll have a look there.

Her first posts set out the facts - she gave the facts before you asked the questions

Its not ALL about you lol. The rest of the post was simply about my response to gossip and how you should just smile and rise above it

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 01:55
Her first posts set out the facts - she gave the facts before you asked the questions

Its not ALL about you lol. The rest of the post was simply about my response to gossip and how you should just smile and rise above it

Glad that you can laugh at your own jokes, but just tell me where she answered the questions. :roll:

squidge
28-Oct-09, 02:04
I dont really think she needs to answer your questions stavro - she has given what she says are the facts. Why would you disbeleive her? And if you do why does it matter? She has said that she has set the record straight so what... are you calling her a liar - why would you do that?

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:07
I dont really think she needs to answer your questions stavro - she has given what she says are the facts. Why would you disbeleive her? And if you do why does it matter? She has said that she has set the record straight so what... are you calling her a liar - why would you do that?

Do you have a vested interest in this story? Why do you not let her answer the questions for herself? They are very simple and straightforward after all. Aren't they?

greenasiamcabbagelooking
28-Oct-09, 02:12
stop cross examining emc, put your pipe down, take off you mac, get out your wheelchair (can't think of any more cliche tecs) and get off her case.

squidge
28-Oct-09, 02:15
EXACTLY greenasiamcabbagelooking Thats what i was trying to say only its late and im grumpy lol

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:33
stop cross examining emc, put your pipe down, take off you mac, get out your wheelchair (can't think of any more cliche tecs) and get off her case.

Why? The questions are simple and should not be difficult to answer. This is a serious thread, not some sort of game.

butterfly
28-Oct-09, 02:44

That's true.Maybe she should have locked the thread after posting her statement if she wanted to avoid these type of questions......just a thought!

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:47
EXACTLY greenasiamcabbagelooking Thats what i was trying to say only its late and im grumpy lol

The original poster, if she did not want any replies or questions about her account of this unfortunate incident, could have locked the thread.

But she did not. And, let's face it, the questions I am asking should be very simple to answer, if she wants to answer them. This would be the best way to dispel rumours.

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 02:48
That's true.Maybe she should have locked the thread after posting her statement if she wanted to avoid these type of questions......just a thought!

Thank you, butterfly. :D

greenasiamcabbagelooking
28-Oct-09, 10:26
i take your point stavro, but it doesn't look like your going to get your questions answered, you're like a dog with a bone !!

katarina
28-Oct-09, 11:42

Rubbish. I'm from Caithness and I am really not interested in what goes on in another person's home, let alone making it up! And all my friends are the same. Granted there are those who thrive on other's misfortunes, but you get that enywhere you go - probably worse in small communitues - but stop tarring us all with the same brush!:mad:

Scunner
28-Oct-09, 11:45
Rubbish. I'm from Caithness and I am really not interested in what goes on in another person's home, let alone making it up! And all my friends are the same. Granted there are those who thrive on other's misfortunes, but you get that enywhere you go - probably worse in small communitues - but stop tarring us all with the same brush!:mad:

Agree whole heartedly with you, I was offended to be classed as a gossip. I have lived all my life in this lovely county, get on with MY life and really not interested in idle gossip.

Olin
28-Oct-09, 15:38
Coming on here and posting is just telling the story to more people? Obviously yes but I mean I don't even know who you are and never would have heard this story until YOU said it?

And now if I do find out who you are I'll most likely hear the rumours too which I wouldn't have heard were it not for you coming on here and saying it?

So "Meh"

lol

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 16:00
i take your point stavro, but it doesn't look like your going to get your questions answered, you're like a dog with a bone !!

I don't know about being like "a dog with a bone" :D , but certainly the originator of this thread has gone awfully quiet.

It was my concern for emc246's wellbeing that prompted me to examine her story in more detail, but if she does not want to talk, then that's that.

ClachanHope
28-Oct-09, 20:16
Come on, it's a small community, what do you expect? You know the truth, your partner knows the truth, that all that matters. Sod everyone else.
]

I agree with this, who cares what other people think, as long as you and your partner know the truth, then forget about what everyone else says. Stuff them.. I couldn't care less what other people say about me, as long as my loved ones know the truth the rest of the population can tgake a flying....jump

Stavro
28-Oct-09, 21:30
]

I agree with this, who cares what other people think, as long as you and your partner know the truth, then forget about what everyone else says.

Whether it concerns anyone else or not depends upon exactly what happened.

katarina
29-Oct-09, 12:31
Whether it concerns anyone else or not depends upon exactly what happened.

And whose business is it - exactly?

Scunner
29-Oct-09, 14:35
Why make the post in the first place?

butterfly
29-Oct-09, 15:59
You wilna dispel a rumour by putting it on here..........

katarina
29-Oct-09, 18:20
she obviously wanted to set the record straight in case any of the gossips were orgers. what's wrong with that?

catran
29-Oct-09, 23:20

Well, hers by the time she put it on Caithness.Org for whatever motive she had in mind.Only an attention seeker, otherwise one would have left well alone. Who is in the least bit interested in a female wandering about in the dark, why the drama?

Stavro
30-Oct-09, 02:54
You wilna dispel a rumour by putting it on here..........

True, especially if she then ignores simple and straightforward questions that arise from her original post.

Did I not say? Funny, I thought I had said. Well, whether it concerns other people or not depends upon exactly what happened.

The whole point of the thread was apparently to dispel a rumour about her "partner." But when asked where the "partner" was during this time that she was "home alone," she does not answer. The easiest way to dispel the rumour would be to say that the "partner" was working shifts, or was working on the rigs, for example.

Perhaps he lives with his mum and dad - I don't know - but I do know that the story does not make sense as it currently stands. :eek:

trix
30-Oct-09, 04:25
a poem...s'pecialy for emc246.

its called...never heed them doll...by trix

never heed them doll,
da take no heed,
now ye ken fit 'e org is lek
oh yes, ye do indeed.

ye said what ye hed til say
better oot than in..
next time ye feel 'e need
...choost put 'ed in 'e bin :grin:

a wee bit o' humour
til cheer ye up ma friend,
its choost 'e beginin
far fie 'e end...

never heed their comments
they love a guid debate
make peace, not war
love...and never hate ;)

i could go on all nite but what am really sayin is choost ....'ed. carry on regardless (wink)

hev a nice weekend, an i hope yer face heals an ye live it doon....eventually :lol:

care take...omego

Alan16
30-Oct-09, 18:43
i could go on all nite

Please! I'll tell you whatever you want to know!

Blarney
02-Nov-09, 00:46

When i came to live in Caithness I was told that what people dont know about you they make up. I tried to make sure that people knew pretty much everything i was about. The only way to deal with gossip like this is to smile, nod sagely and wink broadly - then go on and get on with the other things that you have to do.

Emc246 when people were talking about me i used to think well at tleast they are talking about ME and not someone who cares about it. Oh and sorry tobe the one to tell you this but it will be a nine day wonder - see when your bruises and cuts have gone - so will the gossip.
Sorry but I think you're wrong there. This is Caithness remember! In forty years time she'll still be known as the one who pretended to have a fight with a radiator.

northener
02-Nov-09, 14:38
And the award for 'Most Flogged Dead Horse' goes to......

tartanyorkie
02-Nov-09, 15:17
Lol, this thread made me laugh. I have experienced stuff been made up - I was accosted in the street by someone who accused me of talking about her. I had not been up here long then and do not know anyone in Thurso to talk to and had certainly not said what she said I had. I was speechless and still puzzled about it now.

telfordstar
02-Nov-09, 22:47
Ready steady, handbags and claws out, and GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sevenfortyseven
03-Nov-09, 18:18
Can't believe uz are STILL talking about this?!

sandyr1
04-Nov-09, 04:47
Five pages of........ interesting story telling, and some interesting(funny) comments!
I guess I did miss Caithness.org.....