PDA

View Full Version : Lack of appetite in pregnancy.

cuddlepop
24-Oct-09, 14:59
I had no trouble during my three pregnancy gaining weight,my appetite was "fully charged" but my young "daughter in law" is having a time of it.

Nothing seems to interest her as far as eating is conceren and her appetite is much as it was before she was pregnant....a sparrows.
Now the midwifes are concerend she's not as big as she should be for 26 weeks so needs to eat more,how do you do that it food doesnt interest you?.:confused

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-09, 15:02
I had a problem with food for a few weeks in my pregnancy. It was so annoying because i was hungry but just couldnt eat. As long as she keeps up with fluids then she should be ok.

I had quite a small bump until about 30 weeks, all of a sudden POP! My belly just sprang out :lol: (welcome stretch marks) lol.

is there anything at all she can eat? I ate toast for ages and that got me through! ;)

cuddlepop
24-Oct-09, 15:06
I had a problem with food for a few weeks in my pregnancy. It was so annoying because i was hungry but just couldnt eat. As long as she keeps up with fluids then she should be ok.

I had quite a small bump until about 30 weeks, all of a sudden POP! My belly just sprang out :lol: (welcome stretch marks) lol.

is there anything at all she can eat? I ate toast for ages and that got me through! ;)

She eats a little but never eneogh.
Last night it was a few chips and half a burger from the van,with sugar free squash to drink.
Think she had a banana and a little muller rice.

I keep threaten her with those furti sip drinks from the nursing home and I know they taste dire.:lol:
Just have to wait and see what Raigmore say on Wednesday.

Thanks Shelly.

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-09, 15:15
She eats a little but never eneogh.
Last night it was a few chips and half a burger from the van,with sugar free squash to drink.
Think she had a banana and a little muller rice.

I keep threaten her with those furti sip drinks from the nursing home and I know they taste dire.:lol:
Just have to wait and see what Raigmore say on Wednesday.

Thanks Shelly.

If she can eat little and often then that might help her. Stear clear of super greasy foods, i got put off of them for a while too.

It muse be hard for her though. She knows how she feels and if ya dont want to eat then what can she do?

Has she had a scan recently? They might scan her to make sure baby is developing ok. As long as the baby is growing and organs developing normally then she will be fine!

Let us know how she gets on will you? :)

cuddlepop
24-Oct-09, 15:20
If she can eat little and often then that might help her. Stear clear of super greasy foods, i got put off of them for a while too.

It muse be hard for her though. She knows how she feels and if ya dont want to eat then what can she do?

Has she had a scan recently? They might scan her to make sure baby is developing ok. As long as the baby is growing and organs developing normally then she will be fine!

Let us know how she gets on will you? :)

The midwifes here feel the baby isnt as big as it should be although physically are pleased with its heart beat.
Think my girl had a problem with her appetite before she became pregnant so thats not helping.:(

footie chick
24-Oct-09, 18:46
The midwifes here feel the baby isnt as big as it should be although physically are pleased with its heart beat.
.:(

I was told with one of mine right up to the birth that I was having a very small baby was born 7lb 10oz.

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-09, 18:47
I was told with one of mine right up to the birth that I was having a very small baby was born 7lb 10oz.

I was told mines was gonna be massive (well over 9lbs) and he was only 7lbs 12

cuddlepop
24-Oct-09, 19:39
Sometimes I think there's far too much interference from so called professionals,they end up causing the stress in pregnancy and not the pregnancy itself.:roll:

Its been 18 years since I was pregnant and the difference is astounding.:eek:

brandy
24-Oct-09, 20:56
as long as she's eating some she should be fine.. my brother the medical professional and most cynic man alive once told me something horrifying but true. he said that a baby was the best parasite in the world. that no matter what happens it will suck the mother dry to take what it needs. i know it sounds absolutely horrible but it is true. seriously he make House look cuddly.
anyway, when i was preg. with ben i couldn't keep anything down. ended up giving me anti sickness meds to take before every attempted meal. and i mean that was for 9 months.. they told me sam was going to be about 8 lbs or so.. yeah he got the or so... he came into the world at a whomping 10lbs 8 oz..
as long as she dosent have key tones in her urine and its not funky colours i wouldnt worry to much . and if the shakes stay down. give em to her.. they wont hurt her and will be good for her! every preg. is dif. and especially on first time ones it tends to be scary and freaky when things go a bit wonky.

feegilmour
24-Oct-09, 20:56
hi cuddlepop with my youngest i couldnt eat for months nor could i cook lol rice krispies is wot got me through i woz nearly put in hospital due 2 it i was nearly 5 months pregnant wearin size 10 clothes
my baby woz born 7lb 1oz
as long as she drinkin plenty and eatin little bits here and there hopefully she should b ok

Alice in Blunderland
24-Oct-09, 21:16
he said that a baby was the best parasite in the world. that no matter what happens it will suck the mother dry to take what it needs. i know it sounds absolutely horrible but it is true. .

This is true.

They will take, take, take, whether inside the womb or out for many years. :lol: ;)

Katy
24-Oct-09, 21:24
What a shame on her it must be such a worry but like the others have said as long as she is managing to eat little and often i'll sure she'll be ok.

Keep us updated with how she gets on.

Katy xx

cuddlepop
25-Oct-09, 09:54
as long as she's eating some she should be fine.. my brother the medical professional and most cynic man alive once told me something horrifying but true. he said that a baby was the best parasite in the world. that no matter what happens it will suck the mother dry to take what it needs. i know it sounds absolutely horrible but it is true. seriously he make House look cuddly.
anyway, when i was preg. with ben i couldn't keep anything down. ended up giving me anti sickness meds to take before every attempted meal. and i mean that was for 9 months.. they told me sam was going to be about 8 lbs or so.. yeah he got the or so... he came into the world at a whomping 10lbs 8 oz..
as long as she dosent have key tones in her urine and its not funky colours i wouldnt worry to much . and if the shakes stay down. give em to her.. they wont hurt her and will be good for her! every preg. is dif. and especially on first time ones it tends to be scary and freaky when things go a bit wonky.

Brandy are keytones the same as protein I cant remember?
This is what's showing up in her samples again.Last time they gave her antibiotics so maybe the infection didnt go away as it wasnt checked after she finished her course.
I just love your brothers words of assurance.:lol: