PDA

View Full Version : Cooking fat

northener
23-Oct-09, 20:17
We appear to have been 'adopted' this evening by a very noisy young cat. Lovely looking young thing, smokey blue in colour.

The bloody thing's been yowing outside the hoose for a couple of hours, so I went out with the torch to see if it was trapped behind the shed or something - half of Keiss appears to have had the same idea at the same time.......

Anyway, it now owes me half a tin of tuna. It appears to have stopped the cat from wailing...but he's still outside..waiting......

No doubt we'll be giving it the other half in the morning.:roll:

Bloody cats, 'orrible things. Might feed it to Cinderallys' mutts.....;)

Anyone in Keiss or nearby missing a mog?

Whitewater
23-Oct-09, 20:24
I think this cat is just about to adopt you, especially after a feed of tuna. You must be getting soft northener or you are really a cat lover beneath that gruff exterior.

Leanne
23-Oct-09, 20:29
You really won't get rid of it now... If it's got no collar then it now belongs to you ;)

majic
23-Oct-09, 20:33
You fed it now its going to move in been there got a cat

northener
23-Oct-09, 20:38
I think this cat is just about to adopt you, especially after a feed of tuna. You must be getting soft northener or you are really a cat lover beneath that gruff exterior.

Harrumph...

I've never been a 'cat' person, the bloody things are a nuisance IMO, but for some reason the waifs and strays of the animal kingdom always seem to latch onto us.

A couple of years back we ended up with a young cat spending the night with us as it was terrified of the howling gale outside and literally couldn't stand up. We fed it and made a bit of space in the kitchen for it, only to have the cat shoot upstairs and hide under the bed. I spent all that night awake with a bloody cat asleep on my chest and snoring it's head off....

Then there was the young lurcher that I nearly ran over in the dark on the Lyth road....managed to locate the owner.
Then, a couple of years later, there was another incident involving a lurcher late one night a couple of miles down the road. Took the dog home, gave it a feed and bedded it down for the night.

Woke up the next morning and realised it was the same dog I'd picked up in Lyth a couple of years ago!:Razz:roll:

Mug I am, me.

butterfly
23-Oct-09, 20:41
Nope,it aint going anywhere now so you might as well let it in!

majic
23-Oct-09, 20:49
I'm not a cat person the strays just seem to grow on you i guess its that they have no one else

Whitewater
23-Oct-09, 21:02
Mmmmmmm!! your defenitely a big softie northener.

ShelleyCowie
23-Oct-09, 21:57
Not a wise move with the tuna if you want the kitty to go home! :eek: And maybe dont expect the tuna back lol.

Best of luck tho! I love cats, my kitten has stolen my dinner tonight......twice! [evil] But i forgive him and give up on cooking for tonight! There is always tomorrow lol

Also....why is the thread name cooking fat? Just curious...no not to kill the cat!

young_fishin_neep
23-Oct-09, 21:59
shelley change the F and the C over and see what you get :D xx

ShelleyCowie
23-Oct-09, 22:07
shelley change the F and the C over and see what you get :D xx

*slaps face* DUH! Gosh im slow enight!

Twiggy
23-Oct-09, 22:14
Be kind to pussy Northerer your reward will be waiting for you in heaven.[evil]

northener
23-Oct-09, 23:03
Damn things followed me everywhere tonight. I go out in the car - it follows me to the car and waits for me to come back!

Have now borrowed some cat litter and made up a basket. Cooking Fat is now installed in front room for the night.:roll:

It's not becoming a permanent fixture, though.

unicorn
23-Oct-09, 23:05
Well done you, maybe a picture on here may help with identifying him, sounds like someones pet.

golach
23-Oct-09, 23:06
Damn things followed me everywhere tonight. I go out in the car - it follows me to the car and waits for me to come back!

Have now borrowed some cat litter and made up a basket. Cooking Fat is now installed in front room for the night.:roll:

LMAO, you think so? [lol] you have been well and truly adopted

young_fishin_neep
23-Oct-09, 23:16

thats it ur dun for now, ur stuck with it, soft touch, u must like the cooking fat more than your letting on ;)

xx

ShelleyCowie
23-Oct-09, 23:19

Before u know it the cat will have become like furniture and blended in lol.

Never know....i might come swipe it from ya in the night! haha!

Phill
24-Oct-09, 00:00
Washing up liquid!

Makes it go round the U bend easier.

davie
24-Oct-09, 00:09
So another owner has been adopted by a Cooking Fat.

I wondered why the title but now I ken.

My Cooking Fat is 14 1/2 yrs old and was adopted from the Fats Protection League for a £5 donation at about 6 weeks old. I even went back to get his sister fat, she was with us for a few years but then decided to play chicken with a car so we only have a #1 fat these days.

Aaldtimer
24-Oct-09, 03:53
Northener, you may now consider yourself....Staff!:lol:

Twiggy
24-Oct-09, 07:56
northerner how is pussy to-day?did you have a good nights sleep?:lol:

northener
24-Oct-09, 09:59
Cat is doing very well, likes tuna, sitting on my head and climbing up the tapestry.

I'll stick a photie up later.:Razz

(Edit)

I stuck a notice up in the local shop this morning, Cooking Fat is now back with his proper attendants!
Bloody cats.

Leanne
25-Oct-09, 10:29
I stuck a notice up in the local shop this morning, Cooking Fat is now back with his proper attendants!
Bloody cats.

It'll be back - you fed it tuna!