PDA

View Full Version : dental student treatment

BINBOB
23-Oct-09, 18:52
I have read about dental students [at Raigmore] who will do dental treatment ,under tutor supervision .All treatment by students is FREE!!
However,the treatment is limited to treatments ,within their capability.

Might be worth a try for those of u needing some treatment.good luck.;)

cuddlepop
23-Oct-09, 20:12
If you have a dentist and are registered then they cant "practice" on you.
Doesnt matter that you cant even see your registered dentist as the waiting list is so long.....:confused

BINBOB
23-Oct-09, 21:16
If u go read the NHS highland leaflet,it does not say u need to be reg. with a dentist..............if u do have a dentist,u may still see a student.U just call and ask.Once the treatment is finished with the student service and u still need more dental work,they will refer u back to ur reg, dentist.

If u have no dentist,then u may call the dental helpline for further help.;)

ciderally
24-Oct-09, 09:38
this sounds intresting....must read they do crowns? ect

BINBOB
24-Oct-09, 10:13
this sounds intresting....must read they do crowns? ect

Not sure exactly what they do,but it might be worth enquiring.;)

tonkatojo
24-Oct-09, 10:23
Not sure exactly what they do,but it might be worth enquiring.;)

Where are they doing this student dentistry BB ?.
A good few years back when they were building Loch shiel surgery I thought I read something about a dentistry training facility being built there, or was it wishful thinking in my behalf :( mind you I could have been dreaming it as well :roll:

BINBOB
24-Oct-09, 10:44
Where are they doing this student dentistry BB ?.
A good few years back when they were building Loch shiel surgery I thought I read something about a dentistry training facility being built there, or was it wishful thinking in my behalf :( mind you I could have been dreaming it as well :roll:

It is within the grounds of Raigmore.........go to NHS highland website [dentist section].I am sure some people could benefit from it and help the dental students too.It is all supervised by a tutor.

cuddlepop
24-Oct-09, 14:26
The dental hospital school in Glasgow refused to treat my daughter as she was registered with a dentist,even tried the poor student sob but was still told no.:confused

ShelleyCowie
24-Oct-09, 14:49
I would love for someone to fix my teeth. I am in dire need of braces but when i paid a £65 consultation fee in the orthadontist in inverness i got told it would cost me £3000+ to get my braces. Thats not including any other work i would need by my own dentist.

I gave up....i cant afford that ever!!! :eek: I hate smiling and showing them. I smashed them up in an accident and now they dont sit straight. Its quite upsetting sometimes! :~(