PDA

View Full Version : Bracken is at the Bridge xxx

dragonfly
23-Oct-09, 17:20
Bracken, our old choccy lab, was PTS earlier this afternoon. He had got to the stage of being in so much pain from his arthritis he couldn't get out of his basket to go to the toilet - it was such a struggle for him. He didn't like doing it there and would shake when I went to pick it up or change his bedding because it was soaking - it was like he was ashamed. He had got to the point where his legs would collapse on him when he was outside doing his business

It wasn't an easy decision but the best one for him. He's now playing at the bridge, young and pain free and surrounded by our past cats who have also gone before

Goodbye sweet boy xxxxx

earlier today before we said goodbye

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2545/4037595148_4e60aa1a4d.jpg

Bracken enjoying life to the max

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2474/3957913933_eee4171ef7.jpg

unicorn
23-Oct-09, 17:21
So sorry to hear poor Bracken was in such pain, you made the correct decision for him but it is still so very hard to do and hurts so much.
Take care xx

cuddlepop
23-Oct-09, 18:06
Oh no,poor you thats just so sad......Bracken had a good life which is all our pets ever ask of us.

Hopefully next week will be happier for us all as this week with all the bad news of death amongs our pets is just so awful.:~(

emszxr
23-Oct-09, 18:24
so sorry. xxx

BINBOB
23-Oct-09, 18:30
Aww..poor Bracken..so sorry.He will at the Rainbow Bridge with Barney [aged nearly 3],who was also put to sleep today.:(
A grandson of my Saffi.
God bless u both.
It is the right decision for both ,but very hard to bear.

Liz
23-Oct-09, 19:05
Oh no! Heartbreaking to hear of the loss of another much loved pet.:(

Letting Bracken go was the last act of love you could show him and I am sure he is grateful to have had such a wonderful life with you and to now be running free from all pain.

You have such beautiful photos of him and wonderful memories which will bring you much comfort in time.

Thinking of you.xxx

Iffy
23-Oct-09, 19:52
lots of love to you Dragonfly on the loss o' your "bairn" !!!

God Bless - "Time Will Heal Your Sorrows" :(

majic
23-Oct-09, 20:28
its a sad time for us all of us who has lost our dogs in the past few weeks i feel for you all i know how hard it is:(

brandy
23-Oct-09, 21:16
ahh bless him! how are the two other boys doing? are they looking for him?
Huge hugs... dont worry youll see him again one day! then he will be running loops around you!

teenybash
23-Oct-09, 21:41
So many have crossed the bridge in recent weeks......................my heart breaks.........We can only pray that all the love we gave freely and in abundance to our special furries and hairies, will be enough for our departed friends to share among those little souls, who weren't so lucky to have lived a life filled with love. May the Angels bless them all and keep them safe.
Hugs to you and to all of us who have lost a four legged friend...................:~(

Jovi
23-Oct-09, 21:45
Dragonfly,I'm so sorry to hear about 'Bracken',its the hardest decision we ever have to make and the most important one,you did the best for him. :(

kas
24-Oct-09, 23:55
Sorry to hear of your loss, just hope the other two can keep the memory alive.

butterfly
25-Oct-09, 00:07
R.i.p Bracken:(

jings00
25-Oct-09, 00:37
awww, sorry to hear that dragonfly....fine old fella he was too
x

Kevin Milkins
25-Oct-09, 05:28
I share your sadness Dragonfly and as teenybash has already pointed out, it has been a wretched few week of heavy hearts.:(

carasmam
25-Oct-09, 07:45
Run free Bracken, you were a lovely old fella and now free from pain at the bridge.
We're thinking of you Dragonfly, thanks for sharing pictures of Bracken, he looks as though he really had a good life xxx

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 11:26
Oh god i just had a few tears run down my face! What a lovely dog and its so sad.

I just thought about all the animals people have lost over the last few months and it over-whelmed me! :~(

dragonfly
25-Oct-09, 11:35
Don't know if you see your uncle David at all Shelley but if you do can you let him know as he used to take Bracken walks for us when we lived over that side of the town - think he became part of their family as much as ours........

ShelleyCowie
25-Oct-09, 14:18
Don't know if you see your uncle David at all Shelley but if you do can you let him know as he used to take Bracken walks for us when we lived over that side of the town - think he became part of their family as much as ours........

I dont get to see him that much dragonfly but i will pass a message on to my dad. I remember Bracken now actually now that you mention he used to walk him. I think i was really little last time i saw him.

Im really sorry for your loss though. May he rest at the bridge. :~(

glenniepup
26-Oct-09, 20:01
I am so sorry to hear about bracken he was a special dog. he is one of only two who ever slept on my bed and will always have a place in my heart. Marjory

Foxy
26-Oct-09, 22:26
Sorry to hear about your sad loss Dragonfly, my thoughts are with you. :cry:

poppett
26-Oct-09, 22:31
Thinking of you at this sad time, Dragonfly.

Aaldtimer
26-Oct-09, 22:38
Sorry to hear your news. RIP Bracken.

..."I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?"

Sir Walter Scott

Margaret M.
27-Oct-09, 20:09
Aw, RIP Bracken, so sorry to hear of your loss, Dragonfly.

Sarah
28-Oct-09, 18:50
I'm so sorry for your loss, you did the right thing by him though, but it never feels any easier :( RIP handsome guy.