PDA

View Full Version : picture framing

Kathy@watten
23-Oct-09, 15:12
Ok got a batch of beautiful pictures to have framed, where would do this tastefulyl and at the best price?

Jester
23-Oct-09, 20:36
I have stuff that needs framing too, so this would be some useful information.

Katy
23-Oct-09, 21:04
I can highly recommend MacDonalds Photographers on Shore Lane in Wick they are excellent and very reasonable....I picked up 4 of my photos today and it was £60 - the photographs were all pretty big too.

This is cheap considering I got 1 photo (around the same size as one of the four photos I got framed with MacDonalds) in the place next to Jim Bews in Thurso and it was £57!!!! and my mum only paid £20 with MacDonalds for the exact same photo and size!!

MacDonalds also put the string on the back and provide picture hooks thought it was great and will defo be going back!

Katy xx

lelebo
23-Oct-09, 21:10
I'd highly recommend MacDonalds in Wick as well - have had a couple of paintings framed and price was about a quarter of what I was quoted for the one next to Jim Bews and beautifully done :)

bagpuss
23-Oct-09, 23:01
Richard Doake at Durrans if you want the picture in a mount as well as a frame

J&JM Shearer in Wick also do framing- and can be cost effective with a big picture

Nacho
23-Oct-09, 23:33
Richard Doake at Durrans if you want the picture in a mount as well as a frame

rare as hen's teeth catching Durran's open on a Saturday though, Richard's usually got the 'back in 5 minutes' sign on the door ... a Top Joes 5 minutes ;)

Katy
24-Oct-09, 10:41
MacDonald's do the mounting as well. Delighted with my piccies, need to get hubby to put them up now!!! xx

KCI
24-Oct-09, 12:36
I always go to MacDonalds as well.
I have tried the place next to Jim Bews - their prices were so ridiculous, I could only afford to have one of my paintings framed!
I would never go back - stick with MacDonalds! :)

Scunner
24-Oct-09, 12:57
Where is macdonalds for picture framing? We Frame It is good but really expensive

Katy
24-Oct-09, 15:40
Its in Wick up the hill beside Citzens Advice.

Kxxx

poppett
24-Oct-09, 16:48
I use Durrans for framing.

Lingland
24-Oct-09, 19:05
MacDonald's do the mounting as well. Delighted with my piccies, need to get hubby to put them up now!!! xx
Definitley MacDonalds Photograper Wick excellent

Fran
25-Oct-09, 00:30
Shearers in wick are good too.