PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Wear!

K.B
23-Oct-09, 14:08
does anyone else thats pregnant/been pregnant have bother with maternity trousers?
i have under bump jeans size 14(normal size for me)and they keep falling down [disgust] so can't wear them and my normal jeans r kinda starting to dig on me!
would anyone suggest over bump ones rather than under ones?
HELP!:roll:

Dynamic Sounds
23-Oct-09, 14:32
The wife had to get jeans from Next over the internet that went over the bump. Even in Inverness she couldn't find them. If all else fails, lots of black tape will hold the under the bump ones up! lol :)

zeppellin
23-Oct-09, 14:34
does anyone else thats pregnant/been pregnant have bother with maternity trousers?
i have under bump jeans size 14(normal size for me)and they keep falling down [disgust] so can't wear them and my normal jeans r kinda starting to dig on me!
Wear a dress or a skirt. Get me, all of a sudden I'm an expert in Maternity wear. Sorry, stumbled on this thread by mistake, I'll leave now and let the real experts assist you.

shamrock2007
23-Oct-09, 14:35
I always had over the bump stuff, fitted better

nicnic74
23-Oct-09, 14:39
Im pregnant at the moment & iv tried over the bump trousers but they are just so uncomfy, i like mine under the bump, jeans from next are brilliant i just took my normal size in them as there is plenty elastic at the sides to expand them as you get bigger & i'l be able to wear them after i have baby which is great

butterfly
23-Oct-09, 14:39

How about braces?

talla
23-Oct-09, 15:06
I too am pregnant, 22 weeks. got jeans from next, under the bump and they keep falling down!! like previous comment says, " over the bump ones are better"

Venture
23-Oct-09, 15:31
I've seen a few pregnant ladies wearing trendy maternity dungarees that can be adjusted as the bump expands. If you don't want to be seen wearing dungarees you could always put a jumper on top to make it look like you are wearing jeans. ;)

cat
23-Oct-09, 16:18
i thought under bump ones were uncomfy.had over bump ones,but until i had big enough bump they looked a bit strange!i had a pair of black kinda tracky bottoms in a size bigger and next had trousers with a wide knitted waistband,kinda combat maternaty ones,they were good,didnt last till nine months though,thats when i needed over bump ones,mind you,i did get huge!:lol:

K.B
23-Oct-09, 16:34
Wear a dress or a skirt. Get me, all of a sudden I'm an expert in Maternity wear. Sorry, stumbled on this thread by mistake, I'll leave now and let the real experts assist you.

haha somehow i dont see myself in a dress but thanks!

K.B
23-Oct-09, 16:35
looks like i beter get onto next and get myself some over bump jeans :lol:

thanks 2 everyone!

ShelleyCowie
23-Oct-09, 16:48
I was lucky enough not to need maternity wear even though my bump was absolutely massive! I wore size 12 trousers (size bigger than i was) and wore the maternity tops instead. No fuss over the trousers then!

I did buy black maternity trousers though for work. They only cost me about £20 and they were under the bump ones, really comfy and soft. gave them to my sister then when i was done with them cos she was due 6 months after athrun was born.

Inverness shop Next doesnt stock maternity wear anymore, i went down just to see it all and it was a wasted trip!

Another thing i did was stole my OH's combats lol. Or dungarees, i thought the maternity ones were so discreet because the elastic was hidden!

cuddlepop
23-Oct-09, 18:11
I think Outfit are still stocking maternity wear up the retail park in Inverness.

Tracky bottoms seems to be the norm in maternity wear over here and those jersey dresses that are in fashion just now with a pair of leggings is another fashion trend.

Raid the charity shops you'd be amazed what you find.:D

DIH
23-Oct-09, 19:11
New look online do a great range of maternity clothes. I got a few bits and pieces from them last year. The prices were reasonable and the parcels arrived quite quickly.

Dadie
23-Oct-09, 19:52
The under the bump trousers work best with a belt ( I have pinched hubbys one as it expands more than mine)but in the later stages can leave you with a cold belly as your top rides up in the later stages.
The on the bump trousers fold down.
The over the bump trousers hold you all in and hug your bump but look a bit silly in the earlier stages of pregnancy...
Now if I could get nice comfy pants that dont fold down/fall down or come up to my boobs I would be happy!

Ps on baby no 3 so tried all styles of trousers at all stages!

H+M have nice trousers if going to Inverness if not its the catalogs for maternity wear!

K.B
24-Oct-09, 10:08
I was lucky enough not to need maternity wear even though my bump was absolutely massive! I wore size 12 trousers (size bigger than i was) and wore the maternity tops instead. No fuss over the trousers then!

I did buy black maternity trousers though for work. They only cost me about £20 and they were under the bump ones, really comfy and soft. gave them to my sister then when i was done with them cos she was due 6 months after athrun was born.

Inverness shop Next doesnt stock maternity wear anymore, i went down just to see it all and it was a wasted trip!

Another thing i did was stole my OH's combats lol. Or dungarees, i thought the maternity ones were so discreet because the elastic was hidden!

some people are saying im not that big for bein 29weeks but feel im starting to need something bigger now,my normal jeans are comfy but when im sitting down thats when i feel it most!
job for toady is to search the internet

thanks shelley :Razz

K.B
24-Oct-09, 10:11
The under the bump trousers work best with a belt ( I have pinched hubbys one as it expands more than mine)but in the later stages can leave you with a cold belly as your top rides up in the later stages.
The on the bump trousers fold down.
The over the bump trousers hold you all in and hug your bump but look a bit silly in the earlier stages of pregnancy...
Now if I could get nice comfy pants that dont fold down/fall down or come up to my boobs I would be happy!

Ps on baby no 3 so tried all styles of trousers at all stages!

H+M have nice trousers if going to Inverness if not its the catalogs for maternity wear!

job today is search the internet,also going to try my under bump ones with a belt see how i get on. im 29weeks and strating to expand :lol: although mother thinks im neat well i dont feel it i tell ya lol.
got lots of long jumpers etc so hopefull keep my tummy warm :Razz

Katy
24-Oct-09, 10:48
I had both over and under trousers both from next, the jeans were good but you defo need a belt with them to hold them up!! The over bump trousers was black ones and they were soooooooo comfy and it was great for the later stages like someone else said when your top goes up at least then your bump is cover and keeps you nice and warm! Some people don't mind there bare bump on show but I was quite paranoid and rathered it all tucked away!!

I had maternity tops but I didn't find they were long enough once I started getting bigger so I went to new look and bought a few sizes up of the long tops and they were great, nice and long so you wasn't pulling them down the whole time and half the price of maternity tops!

Kxxx

brandy
24-Oct-09, 12:07
i preferred over the bump ones myself.. but you can get extenders for your trousers if you want. basically its a little gadget that lets you widen the waist of your normal trousers.. great for just pregger girls, who's bumps haven't exploded.

BRIE
24-Oct-09, 12:14
i hated under the bump jeans found them really uncomfortable:( I bought over the bump one from Dorothy Perkins & Blooming marvellous, really comfy too

horsegirl
24-Oct-09, 14:04
I was not one for dresses or skirts but i could not find anything that would work for me apart from a denim skirt with elastic sided and dungarees.

I lived out of these for most of the end part of my pregnancy

mumof2
25-Oct-09, 13:17
when i was preg i wore under bump normal jeans with a long top, couldn't get maternity trousers as they were all 30" leg or shorter, hope they are better now. why not wear comfy leggings now they are back in fashion? and get some big cosy long cardis.good luck

brandy
25-Oct-09, 14:43
ohhh didnt think of that leggins are great!!!!

Dadie
25-Oct-09, 20:16
Ps Sneaky tip for leggings....
Buy a size bigger and wear back to front as they are cut to accomodate your bum at the back which suits the bump at the front fine:lol:

(cut the label out though!)