PDA

View Full Version : True Blood Novels

spaceddaisy
23-Oct-09, 12:57
I've just started reading the true blood novels (after starting to watch the show on telly then realising they were based on books).

I'm really enjoying them so far. Pretty easy reading and what you'd describe as a good read rather as a work of literary genius.

Has anyone else started reading them?

Ash
23-Oct-09, 13:26
i didnt realise there were books, loved the programme

spaceddaisy
23-Oct-09, 15:11
Yeah, written by Charlaine Harris, the first one is Dead Until Dark- it's only a fiver in Tesco just now (or about £4 on Amazon) :)

Serenity
23-Oct-09, 15:17
Read all the books. Except the latest (which is still in hardback and therefore too expensive!!!). They are an entertaining, easy read. Nothing more than that, but hey passes the time :)

Oh and I read the books first then watched the whole 2 seasons of the programme.

StacNKel
16-Dec-09, 13:33
I have been reading these books for a couple of years and have read all of them and have pre-ordered the next one! I'm an addict i have to say... if you enjoy these books i reccomend the undead series by Mary Janice Davidson too they are really good. This is a genre that i find myself addicted to (vampires, the supernatural...) If anyone else is into these kind of novels i have a few reccomendations!! Also Let me know any you all read that i may enjoy always on the hunt for a new collection haha (much to the dismay of the OH) LOL

divanp75
16-Dec-09, 20:27
read them all, now just started watching vampire diaries on itunes, might be the next good one to read if I can get the book to the series

nicnak
17-Dec-09, 15:41
I've just finished reading the first book with a lot more to go, but I think they are brill, we worth the effort of getting.
Bargain price at £8.99 for 8 books from the book people! when I was looking at them in borders they were £6.99 each! So I am well chuffed.

igglepiggle
27-Dec-09, 22:57
I've just finished reading the first book with a lot more to go, but I think they are brill, we worth the effort of getting.
Bargain price at £8.99 for 8 books from the book people! when I was looking at them in borders they were £6.99 each! So I am well chuffed.

Do you know the name off the company you got them from?

nicnak
27-Dec-09, 23:53
the company is called the book people type in; www.thebookpeople.co.uk
then in the search bar on their page just type in true blood,
but be careful if you love books its easy to get carried away on their site- I always do! have fun!

Shabbychic
28-Dec-09, 16:49
Just checked out the Bookpeople website and they have some great offers. The only problem is, they are offering free delivery if you spend over £25, but if you live in the Highlands and Islands it will cost £7. [evil]

Now on checking this out further on the site I found the following:-
Delivery Restrictions

Highlands and Islands
Customers in the highlands and islands of Scotland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland and the Scilly Isles, we are very sorry but next day delivery is not available in your area*
– Next day delivery
– Free delivery promotions (we do however offer discounted delivery)
Also please note that deliveries to your area may take a little longer than the delivery times advertised.
* Applies to the following postcodes AB, BT, DD8-11, GY, HS1-9, IM1-9, IV21-56, JE, KA27-38, KW15-17, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH19-26, PH30-44, PH49-50, TR21-25, ZE1-3.

I am not 100% sure what this actually means. As you see KW14 is not included in this list, but does this just apply to Next Day delivery, after which * is placed, or does it also include Free Delivery?:confused

Has anyone in KW14 had a delivery from them, and what did they charge?:D

igglepiggle
28-Dec-09, 23:52
many thanks nicnak and shabbychic i will have a look.

nicnak
29-Dec-09, 12:46
postage is free if you spend over £25 and dont want next day delivery.
hope it helps

Shabbychic
29-Dec-09, 15:40
postage is free if you spend over £25 and dont want next day delivery.
hope it helps

Thanks for that. My order will be well over £25, but would not pay postage out of principle, if the rest of the UK get it free. :D

Regarding next day delivery, any time I use a company that have City-Link as a courier, I always get next day delivery. If they can do it, I don't know why the others can't.

Anyway, I'm not looking for next day delivery. I won't die without a book to read.;)

Thanks again.

StacNKel
20-Jan-10, 21:38
Next one out in May, Dead in the family, already have it pre ordered from amazon lol!